DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

First Time Buyer: ‘We beat the odds to buy, aged 20’

Lightscribe

https://www.metro.news/first-time-buyer-we-beat-the-odds-to-buy-aged-20/1250224/

Over half a million for a flat. I don’t particularly blame them (even though they are estate agents). They are indoctrinated by the MSM and boomer conditioning.

I despise the fact that on the back of £26k deposit taking on this much debt is an ‘achievement’. So much pain for the younger generation to come.

Just noted on the online article it doesn’t state the figures, while in the paper it does. They paid £525k with 5% deposit (£26k) also with a £210k HTB loan and then paying service charge at £185 p/m on top. Madness, in a shitty London suburb to boot.

That article is laughable, wonder how much Taylor Wimpey paid for the photo of those 2 men from Gettyimages.

‘It wasn’t until I started working in property sales that I learned how easy the buying process can be,’ says Harry. ‘George and I discovered that by getting a mortgage together and using the Help to Buy scheme, we’d be able to say goodbye to renting. 

Just a pity the paying off the mortgage over 30 years process is difficult, not to mention trying to resell a flat that is worth £150,000 for £500,000 will be in the future.

1 hour ago, Thorn said:

Smells like a planted story I think.

Normally you would have ‘advertisement’ in the border of the article, I’m sure there must be a legal guideline in regards to this. I think what’s more likely is these plonkers in reality may of bought in and Taylor Wimpy has used them as poster boys. Metro is all to obliging judging by the amount of advertising space they devote to housing developers and property articles.

'THE average first-time buyer is now 30 (32 in London), according to the latest data from UK Finance. But 20-year-old friends Harry Lywood and George Poyner are ahead of the game as they’ve teamed up to buy an off-plan apartment at Taylor Wimpey’s Eclipse development in Walthamstow together, and can’t wait to move in.

The pair, who are originally from Ludlow in Shropshire, have known each other since they were five, and both work in property — Harry as a sales executive at another Taylor Wimpey development, and George at an estate agency in Hackney. Through their jobs, they already had a good understanding of the property purchasing process, and realised that by joining forces and using the government-backed London Help to Buy scheme, they could afford to get on the housing ladder.'

They are 20. They know fuckall.

I doubt theyll b e 'wokring in rpoperty' long. They need to ask themselves where the sales people for 2 years ago are.

They are fucked, assuimng theyve acutally bought the place.

Accoridng to his linkin hes a 'etting consultant'

Basically unempeloyed in a ew motns time.

Oh for fucksake, so's the other:

George Poyner

George Poyner

Lettings Negotiator at NewSpace Lettings

London, Greater London, United Kingdom

I think theyve found the two most stupid pepole o nthe planet.

59 minutes ago, Sideysid said:

Normally you would have ‘advertisement’ in the border of the article, I’m sure there must be a legal guideline in regards to this. I think what’s more likely is these plonkers in reality may of bought in and Taylor Wimpy has used them as poster boys. Metro is all to obliging judging by the amount of advertising space they devote to housing developers and property articles.

There's been a few of these recently. They do have to state if it's an advertorial, however, I think like you say they just ask one of the mugs that bought if they wouldn't mind being on the front page of the newspaper. Most are probably quite happy to get their 15 minutes of fame and the builders probably throw in a few appliance or something to sweeten the deal. To anyone with any sense these articles reek of advertising. They are worded to reel in a few suckers who FOMO and it's job done.

8 hours ago, Banned said:

That article is laughable, wonder how much Taylor Wimpey paid for the photo of those 2 men from Gettyimages.

‘It wasn’t until I started working in property sales that I learned how easy the buying process can be,’ says Harry. ‘George and I discovered that by getting a mortgage together and using the Help to Buy scheme, we’d be able to say goodbye to renting. 

Just a pity the paying off the mortgage over 30 years process is difficult, not to mention trying to resell a flat that is worth £150,000 for £500,000 will be in the future.

Well i hope they will both be very happy together....as it looks as though they have at least the next 20 years together, given the state of the economy, their earning potential and the fact the paid over half a mil for a LEASEHOLD flat!

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

'THE average first-time buyer is now 30 (32 in London), according to the latest data from UK Finance. But 20-year-old friends Harry Lywood and George Poyner are ahead of the game as they’ve teamed up to buy an off-plan apartment at Taylor Wimpey’s Eclipse development in Walthamstow together, and can’t wait to move in.

The pair, who are originally from Ludlow in Shropshire, have known each other since they were five, and both work in property — Harry as a sales executive at another Taylor Wimpey development, and George at an estate agency in Hackney. Through their jobs, they already had a good understanding of the property purchasing process, and realised that by joining forces and using the government-backed London Help to Buy scheme, they could afford to get on the housing ladder.'

They are 20. They know fuckall.

I doubt theyll b e 'wokring in rpoperty' long. They need to ask themselves where the sales people for 2 years ago are.

They are fucked, assuimng theyve acutally bought the place.

Fuck me. I didn’t spot it in the article. Half a million for a flat in Walthamstow. o.O  fuck. They are about to be screwed. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fuck me. I didn’t spot it in the article. Half a million for a flat in Walthamstow. o.O  fuck. They are about to be screwed. 

They have been screwed.

Wonder if mom and pops are heavily into BTL or property debt/wealth ... these 2 stupid cunts must have had some serious brainwashing throughout their childhood to jump in a those prices.

Just now, Banned said:

They have been screwed.

Wonder if mom and pops are heavily into BTL or property debt/wealth ... these 2 stupid cunts must have had some serious brainwashing throughout their childhood to jump in a those prices.

My two are a bit pissed off with me as I keep telling them to hold off from buying. o.O

i think I spent too long on TOS 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

My two are a bit pissed off with me as I keep telling them to hold off from buying. o.O

i think I spent too long on TOS 

Show them this article then maybe theyll thank you.

If they are still in their 20s shouldnt be a problem to wait. Id be 100% sure it'll burst within the next 3 years and i can see prices falling sharp and fast.

As ive an 8.5 year old kid i dont have that long to wait.

18 minutes ago, Banned said:

Show them this article then maybe theyll thank you.

If they are still in their 20s shouldnt be a problem to wait. Id be 100% sure it'll burst within the next 3 years and i can see prices falling sharp and fast.

As ive an 8.5 year old kid i dont have that long to wait.

Remind me, how long have we been saying that?  

Just now, AnythingWithWheels said:

It's in Walthamstow, and it's not even in the nice bit, which is still a shithole, just with better cafes.

Which bit is it?  Not that there are any nice bits, just slightly less edgy and enriched 

There's way too much fuckwittery and marketing spiel in this one for it to be real. These two made up guys remind me of those two young mortgage brokers in The Big Short.

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Which bit is it?  Not that there are any nice bits, just slightly less edgy and enriched 

Near Blackhorse Road station, over by the reservoirs.

6 minutes ago, AnythingWithWheels said:

Near Blackhorse Road station, over by the reservoirs.

They building tower blocks down there now?  I’m not sure @shindigger has ever got over them shutting the standard. Now they build tower blocks. With flats for half a million. It’s madness. Wonder how much a flat is now in priory court?  o.O

sancho panza
10 hours ago, Banned said:

They need something to stop the downtrend

image.png.2c82ba9c7a01e90702c96af2e62e0e78.png

Bus Stop Boxer
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

They building tower blocks down there now?  I’m not sure @shindigger has ever got over them shutting the standard. Now they build tower blocks. With flats for half a million. It’s madness. Wonder how much a flat is now in priory court?  o.O

I get a cold shiver up me to think i once lived in them thar hills.

So far down the shitter its hard to imagine.

Just now, shindigger said:

I get a cold shiver up me to think i once lived in them thar hills.

So far down the shitter its hard to imagine.

I realised it wasn’t for me when I got stalked at 8 months pregnant in the underground car park at fulborne road shopping centre. Ran to my car and got the hell out of dodge. 

Archived