• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Soft lad

Javid is cracking down on middle class coke heads

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Great idea, jail more of the folk who actually pay taxes.

Great job, well done.

The honest person is the easy target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair Cocaine is a wankers drug, if it protects decent people from having to listen to the endless shite that comes out of a coke up fools mouth then all the better. 

I think he should be promoting ecstasy and pound a pint promotions to wean them off it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Soft lad said:

The actual problem of violent gangs is monstrously difficult to deal with, doubly so in a politically sensitive way. Best to try and whack some soft targets that are theoretically, peripherally connected.

Javid knows he won't be in post long enough to get the upside of proactively dealing with the issue, just a mauling for being "nasty" in the short term. It's the only sensible strategy from his point of view, don't actually do anything, but make sure you are seen to be doing something.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also bear in mind that it's the Conservative conference.  Conference (for all the LibLabCon) where all the most half baked but popular headline policies are announced mainly to garner rapturous applause often in advance of a leadership challenge or other promotion venture and usually not to be heard of again - until the next conference.  I'm sure that if you looked back over the years for decades you would find many similar proposals and here we still are.

This time it might be different of course and they are desperate for money so seizing "kingpins" money might motivate them in that.  I doubt if they will be aiming at the real kingpins though as they're likely to be too close to home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twocents said:

Also bear in mind that it's the Conservative conference.  Conference (for all the LibLabCon) where all the most half baked but popular headline policies are announced mainly to garner rapturous applause often in advance of a leadership challenge or other promotion venture and usually not to be heard of again - until the next conference.  I'm sure that if you looked back over the years for decades you would find many similar proposals and here we still are.

This time it might be different of course and they are desperate for money so seizing "kingpins" money might motivate them in that.  I doubt if they will be aiming at the real kingpins though as they're likely to be too close to home.

It sounds like it is aimed at prisoners running supplies inside prisons. Big fish in a small pond "kingpins".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Just legalise drugs and have done with it. No mater what the law says, if someone wants to get a bag of weed or a couple of grams of charlie and get high they are going to do so.

By legalising it, you remove the criminal supply chain, probably improve purity so less OD ing and poisoning, and might even raise a bit of revenue as well.

When has prohibition of anything ever been a success?

People still buy bootleg fags and alcohol though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

People still buy bootleg fags and alcohol though.

Now that's the funny thing.

I could wander outside my house this evening and find at least three suppliers of various drugs (I suppose that at least that is a true free market) within 100 yards.

But I don't have the first clue where to get bootleg cigarettes.

And I was a smoker. And never used drugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Now that's the funny thing.

I could wander outside my house this evening and find at least three suppliers of various drugs (I suppose that at least that is a true free market) within 100 yards.

But I don't have the first clue where to get bootleg cigarettes.

And I was a smoker. And never used drugs. 

Newsagents sell them under the counter.  I seen signs saying we don't sell bootleg cigarettes, so must get asked all the time.

or its a double bluff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soft lad said:

Newsagents sell them under the counter.  I seen signs saying we don't sell bootleg cigarettes, so must get asked all the time.

or its a double bluff.

All cigarettes are now under the counter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is next years Conservative conference fucked then. Is Javid doing this as a revenge on all of the people who listened to Boris speech instead of his today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spunko said:

People still buy bootleg fags and alcohol though.

Because the government add the incentive of high duty for our own good 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spunko said:

Befriend an EE?

That's the best way.

I used to work with a polish girl. Her and her mates were always poping back and forth, and we're happy to pick up some cigarettes if anybody wanted any.

If they'd actually let us have the benefit of the cheap fags and cheap wine that the rest of the EU enjoyed them maybe we wouldn't have left.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I don’t understand this booze and fags stuff. Surely with open borders, anything legal can be moved around at will  

Yeah.

But It was never about making things easier for us though was it.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, One percent said:

I don’t understand this booze and fags stuff. Surely with open borders, anything legal can be moved around at will  

Treaty of Rome can be ignored at will by national governments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.