• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Dammit I have a cold. First time in two years!

7 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Fucking Heathrow!>:(

That might take a while. I suggest some vitamin C or honey and lemon is a more practical approach.

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

Tis just an sniflle!

Heathrow is defo a bug pit!

Just be thankful that all you came away with is a cold. 

Mind, if you stop posting, we’ll send round the people in hazmat suits. 

1 minute ago, NTB said:

That might take a while. I suggest some vitamin C or honey and lemon is a more practical approach.

I will nebulise Manuka, Vit C and Tea Tree Oil when the sets arrive tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

My go to is the juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of honey and a shot of whiskey in a glass of hot water. Repeat until you feel better or pass out.

5 minutes ago, NTB said:

My go to is the juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of honey and a shot of whiskey in a glass of hot water. Repeat until you feel better or pass out.

Don't drink that nebulise it!

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

Gargle vinegar too, they should teach that in schools,  works instantly:Old:

And don't forget turmeric, you can add a bit of black pepper and it makes it even more effective apparently

In every office I've worked in, it's generally the same two or three people who are First Carriers and bring it into the office. 

And then they have no qualms sharing food, making large rounds of tea/coffee, putting their filthy hands on your desk or back of chair. Probably the types who think rinsing index finger and thumb after a piss is adequate. 

1 hour ago, Stuey said:

In every office I've worked in, it's generally the same two or three people who are First Carriers and bring it into the office. 

And then they have no qualms sharing food, making large rounds of tea/coffee, putting their filthy hands on your desk or back of chair. Probably the types who think rinsing index finger and thumb after a piss is adequate. 

I keep sterilization handwash on my desk and use it after shaking hands with everyone. The beeg eenglish guy eez a little crayzee, no?

No, you lot are just filthy sniffing inconsiderate bacterial and viral sinks. 

All that said, I reckon fasting, Vitamin D and exercise is more effective than anything else, in the end you are exposed one way or another, and your immune system counts more than hygiene. 

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

Guy who sits next to me is a total filth bag. 

When he is on holiday I literally throw his keyboard and mouse in the bin and replace with a new one. Never go near his phone. 

He currently has a cold, just sits there sneezing and coughing, no hand over his mouth. Thankfully I've avoided catching it. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, shindigger said:

Had a sore throat friday, raging snots sat and and sun, then cough and minor snottings until last night.

Just about through it now.

Also got this sore throat thing, seems to be pretty common just now. Most people I know seem to have had or got it. It's quite mild....i'm on my usual ten mile walk anyway.

Edited by crashmonitor

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I keep sterilization handwash on my desk and use it after shaking hands with everyone. The beeg eenglish guy eez a little crayzee, no?

No, you lot are just filthy sniffing inconsiderate bacterial and viral sinks. 

All that said, I reckon fasting, Vitamin D and exercise is more effective than anything else, in the end you are exposed one way or another, and your immune system counts more than hygiene. 

I thought the Swiss would be exceptionally clean, like their country (supposedly?) is. I'm not sure I want to go there now, it may shatter my illusions.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

I thought the Swiss would be exceptionally clean, like their country (supposedly?) is. I'm not sure I want to go there now, it may shatter my illusions.

The Swiss are mainly very clean and considerate, better than Brits. But there aren't very many of them in Geneva at all, and I work a lot near Paris as well. Most of my colleagues are French (even on the Swiss site).

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

The Swiss are mainly very clean and considerate, better than Brits. But there aren't very many of them in Geneva at all, and I work a lot near Paris as well. Most of my colleagues are French (even on the Swiss site).

I was actually going to ask you, I might head over to Austria/Liechtenstein next summer, I'd love to go to Berchtesgaden and Obersalzberg in Southern Germany then onto Austrian Alps, Innsbruck and through to Liechtenstein and E Switzerland. Is there any difference in your opinion to your part of CH to that part and is it worth visiting or is Switzerland pretty samey? 

Apparently regular cold water swimming enthusiasts go on about never getting colds and there has been some vague scientific study that backs it up. 

Can't remember where I read it. 

19 minutes ago, ccc said:

Apparently regular cold water swimming enthusiasts go on about never getting colds and there has been some vague scientific study that backs it up. 

Brother does it. He's 60 soon,  and looks about 45, even that's only because he's greying, he's as lean and fit as a 30yo sportsman. He occasionally gets a cold but very, very rarely. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

I was actually going to ask you, I might head over to Austria/Liechtenstein next summer, I'd love to go to Berchtesgaden and Obersalzberg in Southern Germany then onto Austrian Alps, Innsbruck and through to Liechtenstein and E Switzerland. Is there any difference in your opinion to your part of CH to that part and is it worth visiting or is Switzerland pretty samey? 

Scenery wise I'd say if you're doing those places then no special need to go to Switzerland which will be much the same - Alpine splendour. But it's worth a visit, if only just to see what a really organised country that is set up for it's people not just the elite is like. There are brilliant tourist transport deals(and the transport is awesomely good) but accommodation and eating out are very costly.

I don't know the east side, but those I know who have lived in German speaking Switzerland say it's the best. Amazingly, Geneva is viewed by the rest of the Swiss as the equivalent of Liverpool in the UK (ie all the negative stats you can imagine are highest in Geneva), but their standards are on another level.

3 hours ago, ccc said:

Apparently one of my grandfathers went swimming in a lake every Sunday morning, even if he had to break ice to get in, right into his late 80s. Probably some exaggeration in how the story was passed on to me.