• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Game_of_Homes

Orwellian times?

Posted (edited)

Apparently a billboard which says "Woman = Adult human female" as per the dictionary definition is offensive and the billboard has been removed. We have certainly moved into Orwellian territory.

Anyway, I think this woman is fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8nViKYmEhU

As Orwell wrote "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". 

Edited by Game_of_Homes

9 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Apparently a billboard which says "Woman = Adult human female" as per the dictionary definition is offensive and the billboard has been removed. We have certainly moved into Orwellian territory.

Anyway, I think this woman is fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8nViKYmEhU

As Orwell wrote "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". 

Dear god, I only got a few minutes in and got “a woman is a woman if they identify as a woman” from the harup bloke. I stopped there. 

He is attempting to misappropriate my sex and he should hang his head in shame. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Dear god, I only got a few minutes in and got “a woman is a woman if they identify as a woman” from the harup bloke. I stopped there. 

That man is an absolute twat. Fear not she's put another billboard up in Birmingham (ironically above a sex shop).

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Really can't see a problem.

Always believe women.

If this man tells us he is a woman she must be believed.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

“a woman is a woman if they identify as a woman”.

I agree.

But I don't think a man is a woman if they identify as a woman.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I would love to read his doctoral thesis. 

I thought he was a medical doctor? I think he is friends with that other annoying one on tv dr christian jessen.

5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

“a woman is a woman if they identify as a woman”.

I agree.

But I don't think a man is a woman if they identify as a woman.

Bloody hell, I misquoted that badly. xD  you knew what I meant though....

2 minutes ago, maudit said:

I thought he was a medical doctor? I think he is friends with that other annoying one on tv dr christian jessen.

Christ, that is somehow even worse. I just thought he got it for writing some crap about men being really women. That he is actually treating people is worrying.  

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

Christ, that is somehow even worse. I just thought he got it for writing some crap about men being really women. That he is actually treating people is worrying.  

Dr Adrian Harrop

@DrAdrianHarrop
NHS Doctor| Labour| LGBTQ+ Advocate, Activist & Ally| Champion for Equality & Social Justice | Pro-EU| opinions = my own | he/him
photo

5 minutes ago, maudit said:

Dr Adrian Harrop

@DrAdrianHarrop
NHS Doctor| Labour| LGBTQ+ Advocate, Activist & Ally| Champion for Equality & Social Justice | Pro-EU| opinions = my own | he/him
photo

Feck. 

That is all I have. 

7 minutes ago, maudit said:

Dr Adrian Harrop

@DrAdrianHarrop
photo

Cliché of the lunatic fringe of Labour and its identity politics. It's a big fringe.

Heaven help us if these people get power, it's bad enough the Tories flirting with this nonsense.

41 minutes ago, Happyhaddock said:

I'm a woman. A big, hairy woman, who smokes a pipe, but a woman nonetheless.

Someday, when you're about to be nominated to the supreme court, they're going to say look what he posted on Dosbods back in the 2010s

34 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

"Dr Harop, I think I may have prostrate cancer."

"Sorry, but you previously identified as a woman, so I can't help you."

That’s a though, changing gender must really mess with NHS systems when the send out the well man and well woman invites. 

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

That’s a though, changing gender must really mess with NHS systems when the send out the well man and well woman invites. 

Would they have to send out smear test invites to men who identify as women? Genuine question.

Just now, mooncat69 said:

Would they have to send out smear test invites to men who identify as women? Genuine question.

It would be discrimination if not. They would also have to be provided with a smear test as because they now identify as women, they are susceptible to the same illness. No need to waste money though on offering prostrate test. 

Oh, and they have to have their breasts clamped in a machine every few years. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mooncat69 said:

Believe it or not they do!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/men-who-identify-as-women-are-invited-for-cervical-smear-without-a-cervix/

I imagine a time traveler from the year 1990 would think the above video is some sort of Brass Eye style parody sketch set in an Orwellian future.

Edited by Game_of_Homes

2 hours ago, One percent said:

It would be discrimination if not. They would also have to be provided with a smear test as because they now identify as women, they are susceptible to the same illness. No need to waste money though on offering prostrate test. 

Oh, and they have to have their breasts clamped in a machine every few years. 

They'd probably enjoy that.

If we are to be rebranded as menstruators then we need to be consistent and men shall henceforth be referred to as ejaculators.

2 hours ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Believe it or not they do!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5341098/men-who-identify-as-women-are-invited-for-cervical-smear-without-a-cervix/

I imagine a time traveler from the year 1990 would think the above video is some sort of Brass Eye style parody sketch set in an Orwellian future.

Thousands died in wars over questions such as whether bread and wine can become the body and blood of a first century Palestinian if the right words are said over them. 

I don't think our modern age is much more enlightened, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, maudit said:

If we are to be rebranded as menstruators then we need to be consistent and men shall henceforth be referred to as ejaculators.

That reminds me of a Ricky Gervaise routine, when he complained about his hippy neighbour giving him some pudding made out of breast milk. 'How would she like it if I offered her a spunk sandwich?'