• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Austin Allegro

Your tax pounds at work

HM Government is spunking (no pun intended) £12m of taxpayers' money on promoting lezzers and gays in Africa.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/minister-for-africa-announces-vital-funding-for-lgbt-inclusion

Please post here any other cases of outlandish generosity by the government with other people's hard earned money. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

We shouldn't even have a 'Minister for Africa'.

I can see the need for some sort of diplomatic/trade representation. 

But spending public money on the promotion of homosexuality in Africa to  me is disgusting.

Not because I think homosexuality is wrong, but because this strikes me as a modern form of colonialism - imposing 'progressive' western European ideals on countries with a very different tradition and outlook. 

These quislings even have the gall to say that homophobia in Africa is somehow the fault of western colonialism!

Edited by Austin Allegro

The way it should work is that if we take on (proper) asylum types based on the threat of assault/prosecution for homosexuality, the deal should have to be that they work for LGBT rights overseas during their time-off (weekends, evenings).  This would be done on a pure 'forced philanthropy'* basis, albeit that any migrant that's been forced from their home should be happy to work for the opportunity to be able to return to their home country.

This should also be done for all recipients of political asylum.  It is the problem with asylum in the UK -- where is the quid-pro-quo?  So, for example, Syrian migrants to the UK should be welcomed (and I more-or-less mean that), with the proviso that they spend all their free time in the UK working for their eventual return of the masses to the country -- learning building skills (to rebuild the country), other skills (to rebuild their economy), training children born overseas in the language and culture, etc etc.  And then when it is time/safe to return they should return -- no question, no complaint.  Because if they stay here how can that country actually recover (without labour, the youth, skills, investment, etc).

[* I just made that up.  I quite like it]

So can Dosbods apply for funding to do some work in Africa? 

https://www.gov.uk/international-development-funding/uk-aid-connect

Phase 1

• promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights
  • disability inclusion
  • working towards global security and stability
  • building civil society effectiveness

Phase 2

• building open societies
  • tackling child labour and modern slavery
  • addressing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender inclusion
  • supporting tolerance and freedom of religion or belief

oh wait, the end date for apply is gone.
  •  

On a continent riddled with AIDS what could possibly go wrong - in fact, the cynic in me wonders if it's actually some diabolical scheme hatched in a smoke filled room to depopulate Africa.

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

On a continent riddled with AIDS what could possibly go wrong - in fact, the cynic in me wonders if it's actually some diabolical scheme hatched in a smoke filled room to depopulate Africa.

If there are secret, smoke filled rooms of people trying to do this then they are totally failing.

Id guess it goes along lines of

We commited to sepnd x billion on foreign aid - trying to out spend Brown/charidee lobbyists'

Most asian countries dont want the money - theyve all adopted market based economy so are trading out of poverty. And theyve all got their birth rates down.

India - got a space program. Well be crucified by tabloids.

Africa it is!

OK, we cannot give to any government as they are all bent corrupt dictators.

Rwanda is already getting loads.

OK, lets spend the money of community movements. Whats popular at he mo - gays n lezzas!

Expect the Ethiopian transexual support charity.

It's not worth a link owing to its lack of intrinsic interest but Eammon Holmes has been in legal dispute for £2m in claimed taxes for several years.

All that time and effort to deprive taxpayers of the money that they have earned is then followed by the government metaphorically screwing up that money and throwing it away.

They should be held accountable for every penny.

12 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Expect the Ethiopian transexual support charity.

Would that be British Aid To Transsexual Youth - BATTY for short?

You could have uniforms with BATTY BOYS emblazoned on them - seems like I've got a cross-dressing cross-thread post with the Junker Youth discussion here...

And this is with a Tory govt. Reckon once Labour form a coalition of the left this sum will go up. The vile Tory party have no intention of lowering it. Even Boris said he wants to spend it on wildlife.

On 03/10/2018 at 12:31, Austin Allegro said:

I can see the need for some sort of diplomatic/trade representation. 

But spending public money on the promotion of homosexuality in Africa to  me is disgusting.

Not because I think homosexuality is wrong, but because this strikes me as a modern form of colonialism - imposing 'progressive' western European ideals on countries with a very different tradition and outlook. 

These quislings even have the gall to say that homophobia in Africa is somehow the fault of western colonialism!

I read an article about the increasing investment in Africa from China. In the west, the msm spin it as exploitation, which perhaps it is. The big difference between China and the west wrt African trade is that China leaves out any form of interference with how the Africans run their country in areas other than trade. You do you, we're only here for trading opportunities. That might be a first for Africa.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Banned said:

And this is with a Tory govt. Reckon once Labour form a coalition of the left this sum will go up. The vile Tory party have no intention of lowering it. Even Boris said he wants to spend it on wildlife.

£12M on training/paying even more shoot-to-kill hit squads on poachers would be something I'd not protest too much about. At least the rhinos and elephants will benefit from it. And the locals will benefit too as no f**ker would want to visit their s**tholes without the splendid wildlife to visit.

Edited by SillyBilly

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

£12M on training/paying even more shoot-to-kill hit squads on poachers would be something I'd not protest too much about. At least the rhinos and elephants will benefit from it. And the locals will benefit too as no f**ker would want to visit their s**tholes without the splendid wildlife to visit.

Still think keeping out of their business is the best idea.

But failing that build pipelines so they have a better water infrastructure .. then sell it for a profit.

Build roads, then sell them for a profit etc..

Or just keep the fuck out of their lives and spend the billions on protecting our nation from invaders.

On 03/10/2018 at 11:23, JoeDavola said:

We shouldn't even have a 'Minister for Africa'.

We need a governor with a pith helmet. Sid James would have been great as he is actually African.

28 minutes ago, Banned said:

Still think keeping out of their business is the best idea.

But failing that build pipelines so they have a better water infrastructure .. then sell it for a profit.

Build roads, then sell them for a profit etc..

Or just keep the fuck out of their lives and spend the billions on protecting our nation from invaders.

Totally agree.

I look back on our own history and how people found somewhere to live, built their own houses, dug wells if there was no nearby water source, raised crops and animals, built bridges, evolved a legal system, built roads.

How were we able to do all of that in Europe by several thousand years BC when areas in Africa still haven't even today and there are charities that go around digging wells for Atrican villages?

I return to my climate argument: anybody in Europe who didn't prepare for winter died as food was only seasonably available so the ones who survived were those with the industry and intelligence to make their own land habitable.

Such natural selection did not occur in non-seasonal climates.

Or maybe it's the evil European imperialists because prior to European rule the whole of Africa was industrious and prosperous and every village had a well.

Not.

1 hour ago, jm51 said:

I read an article about the increasing investment in Africa from China. In the west, the msm spin it as exploitation, which perhaps it is. The big difference between China and the west wrt African trade is that China leaves out any form of interference with how the Africans run their country in areas other than trade. You do you, we're only here for trading opportunities. That might be a first for Africa.

Balla. Or partial balls.

China wants its money back.

Its lending pusspot countries billions to buy chinese built infrastructure, built by chinese. And it wants the mkney vack, with interest.

Theres no debt relief, theres no playing eith frameworks.

Dont pay then chinese will move on strip assets from country or take land and set up milatary bases and farms.

Chinese are doing same stuff in eastern europe.

And once again, germans have been idiots as theyve let china buy up mittlestad, expecting they could sell into china. The chinese ssid no - trade is only one way with chinese.

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Totally agree.

I look back on our own history and how people found somewhere to live, built their own houses, dug wells if there was no nearby water source, raised crops and animals, built bridges, evolved a legal system, built roads.

How were we able to do all of that in Europe by several thousand years BC when areas in Africa still haven't even today and there are charities that go around digging wells for Atrican villages?

I return to my climate argument: anybody in Europe who didn't prepare for winter died as food was only seasonably available so the ones who survived were those with the industry and intelligence to make their own land habitable.

Such natural selection did not occur in non-seasonal climates.

Or maybe it's the evil European imperialists because prior to European rule the whole of Africa was industrious and prosperous and every village had a well.

Not.

In flew to Tanzania on a perfect summers day from Holland and i was amazed at how green the land i flew over was.

The reason this relatively sparcely populated continent cant feed themselves is certainly not down to lack of water.

3 minutes ago, Banned said:

In flew to Tanzania on a perfect summers day from Holland and i was amazed at how green the land i flew over was.

The reason this relatively sparcely populated continent cant feed themselves is certainly not down to lack of water.

Exactly. It is people and culture.

This graph for Zimbabwe is stunning and it only goes to 2011, look at wheat - 90% production lost in ten years.  All as a result of taking the management of the country's farmland out of the hands of Europeans and giving it to Africans; with a few brutal murders to accelerate such theft.

When there is a famine aid appeal for Zimbabwe they can get stuffed.

Production-2000-2011.jpg

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Exactly. It is people and culture.

This graph for Zimbabwe is stunning and it only goes to 2011, look at wheat - 90% production lost in ten years.  All as a result of taking the management of the country's farmland out of the hands of Europeans and giving it to Africans; with a few brutal murders to accelerate such theft.

When there is a famine aid appeal for Zimbabwe they can get stuffed.

Production-2000-2011.jpg

But but but those evil Europeans stole that farmland from Africans. 

In Tanzania(Dar es Salem)  id walk 100 metres from my hotel and think it a bad idea if i wanted to avoid being mugged or worse ... And I've travelled round the world going to all sorts of out there places for 2 decades.

Too add the 50000 pounds worth of equipment got stolen when being shipped back to Europe.

I think we should send our highly trained Africans back to Africa to sort the place out for the good of Africa, trouble is they are probably that selfish they wouldn't go and would rather stay over here whining about the problem on twitter.

13 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I think we should send our highly trained Africans back to Africa to sort the place out for the good of Africa, trouble is they are probably that selfish they wouldn't go and would rather stay over here whining about the problem on twitter.

if £1 spent in Africa meant £6/8/10/,000 a year less spent here on various people fleeing the continent then would that be useful?