• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
null;

Cabbage throwing is now illegal

Cabbage thrown at Steve Bruce: Aston Villa & police hunt fan

Police are working with Aston Villa to find a fan who threw a cabbage at the Championship club's boss Steve Bruce.

The vegetable did not hit Bruce, but he was angered by the incident

I'm not really sure why the police are getting involved? What law was broken? Maybe a littering offence? Or is it illegal to anger Bruce?

Is this another non crime for South Yorkshire police to investigate?

Posted (edited)

I suspect if it was thrown at Joe Public then they wouldn't really be interested especially as it missed the target.  If it caused injury it would already be covered by other laws.

Of course they'll need more funds now.

I must say just looking at photos of Mr Bruce now compared to his playing days might cause some people fear and alarm never mind the performance of his team.  

Edited by twocents

8 minutes ago, twocents said:

I suspect if it was thrown at Joe Public then they wouldn't really be interested especially as it missed the target.  If it caused injury it would already be covered by other laws.

Of course they'll need more funds now.

I must say just looking at photos of Mr Bruce now compared to his playing days might cause some people fear and alarm never mind the performance of his team.  

:D

49 minutes ago, null; said:

Police are working with Aston Villa to find a fan who threw a cabbage at the Championship club's boss Steve Bruce.

How hard can it be to find a Villa fan, there aren't that many to choose from.

50 minutes ago, null; said:

The vegetable did not hit Bruce, but he was angered by the incident 

The male Cabbage was angered?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, null; said:

Cabbage thrown at Steve Bruce: Aston Villa & police hunt fan

I'm not really sure why the police are getting involved? What law was broken? Maybe a littering offence? Or is it illegal to anger Bruce?

Is this another non crime for South Yorkshire police to investigate?

He should have remembered the immortal words uttered by Oscar Wilde, when the Marquess of Queensbury threw a bunch of rotten cabbage leaves at him as he left a theatre: 

'How wonderful. Everytime I smell them I shall think of you.' 

Edited by Austin Allegro

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2010/13/section/38

The offence under Section 38 is not limited by any requirement that the 
behaviour is capable of causing disturbance to the community and unlike the crime of Breach of the Peace may be committed where the behaviour is capable of causing fear or alarm to a single person only.

Perhaps it was a mean looking cabbage?

Seems like one of those subjective laws that gets applied differently depending on who you are.

43 minutes ago, Option5 said:

How hard can it be to find a Villa fan, there aren't that many to choose from

Ahem,

Guilty as charged, although it is pretty challenging most of the time.

Not that proud that anyone would throw anything at anyone for just being crap at their job but you never know, the cabbage could be identifying as our next manager.

2 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

It’s all getting so confusing. Can someone provide legal counsel on brassica tossing limits?

Clearly a cabbage is too much, but what about Brussel Sprouts?

Brussel Sprouts should be OK as their tossing could only be construed as slightly irritating behaviour on behalf of the tosser.

I would suggest that multiple tossers would be more effective than a single toss from a solitary tosser and that the offensive item/s can be deployed rapidly with a little pocket shuffling.

5 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2010/13/section/38

The offence under Section 38 is not limited by any requirement that the 
behaviour is capable of causing disturbance to the community and unlike the crime of Breach of the Peace may be committed where the behaviour is capable of causing fear or alarm to a single person only.

Probably more likely from this

Cabbages are not known as a good omen in many religions.

http://weknowyourdreams.com/cabbage.html

3 hours ago, null; said:

Perhaps it was a mean looking cabbage?

Seems like one of those subjective laws that gets applied differently depending on who you are.

I think it’s one (of many) vague subjective laws that only get applied when the police think you are being a dick.

In this case it’s a bit hard to decide.  One the one hand,  throwing a cabbage at someone in the street could hurt and is a very dickish thing to do.   On the other,  he missed.

They should probably just give him a fine for littering.