• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Comments on this piece are premoderated...

well when 2 men can get married all it realy did was make marrage even more of a joke,its only a matter of time until someone marries a goat or we end up with muslim women demanding the right to four husbands,has marrage is further demonized it could just be a matter of time that after a couple of years together commonlaw becomes has legaly binding has a real marrage,no doubt pushed by vested interests ie lawyers.

"I am a very special person with very special rights. I don't want oiks having them as well"

21 minutes ago, Banned said:

Those Sudanese are well ahead of us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4748292.stm

Got to hump it first though to show the love is real.

Compare how the So-Called BBC wrote news articles in 2006 to how they write them now.

Factual and straight to the point in 2006.

Would be all Feelz and adjectives now.

On 03/10/2018 at 21:26, Banned said:

Those Sudanese are well ahead of us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4748292.stm

Got to hump it first though to show the love is real.

Before long Sudanese goats will be exported to Britain and then their Sudanese married partners will be demanding to be allowed to join them in Britain as a matter of right.

I'm a great fan of same sex marriage/civil partnerships, but not for the main reasons given (I don't care if people are gay or not). I can see it completely messing up pensions: it will make sense for blokes to marry a mate just to get widow's pension, tax breaks and other benefits. It'll be like that Scottish comedy "Still Game" or Morecambe & Wise - two mates living together might as well get married. Unintended consequences are great! 

On 03/10/2018 at 20:43, Funn3r said:

"I am a very special person with very special rights. I don't want oiks having them as well"

That is what I don't understand about the LGBT community and indeed I suspect they can't decide what they want even among themselves. Do they want to be "normal" and engage in regular heterosexual/traditional pursuits like monogamy, kids and marriage, or do they want to celebrate their differences that set them apart - sleeping around, not having a family, hyper-sexualised etc. It's such a conflicting message.

Posted (edited)
On 03/10/2018 at 21:22, sleepwello'nights said:

What is the difference between a marriage and a civil partnership? Is it simply that a couple have the same rights in law without the church being involved?

It seems like there's no difference in law. I think they only introduced civil partnerships for gayers because it avoided the controversial term 'marriage'. 

There seems to be a lot of confusion about it, with people (not just gayers, straights as well) saying they 'don't believe in marriage' but want legal protection and equality for each partner in their relationship. 

Er...that's what marriage is. If you want legal protection, get married. If you don't, then cohabit under common law and be free to do as you please, without either legal constraint nor protection.

I think the confusion comes because people think marriage has something to do with religion (it doesn't; church marriages were not even legally recognised until 1723) or has to involve some big pantomime with lots of nonsense about 'lurve' in it. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

It seems like there's no difference in law. I think they only introduced civil partnerships for gayers because it avoided the controversial term 'marriage'. 

There seems to be a lot of confusion about it, with people (not just gayers, straights as well) saying they 'don't believe in marriage' but want legal protection and equality for each partner in their relationship. 

Er...that's what marriage is. I think the confusion comes because people think marriage has something to do with religion (it doesn't; church marriages were not even legally recognised until 1723) or has to involve some big pantomime with lots of nonsense about 'lurve' in it. 

Maybe its easier not to invite your parents to a civil partnership sign up then bannign then from your wedding?

Just now, spygirl said:

Maybe its easier not to invite your parents to a civil partnership sign up then bannign then from your wedding?

Sadly I bet that's actually a consideration for some people. Western society is so fecked that people think a marriage and a wedding is the same thing.