• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Wacist, Swexist, Pwerwerts

Sue Holderness (Marlene) laments that if Only Fools And Horses were made now that viewers in 2018 would probably not see the funny side of Del Boy if he came new to our TV screens today and that while she supports movements such as #MeToo, men now "don't know how to behave" because "almost anything can be deemed inappropriate".

Sue also forgets that nowadays eastenders like Del and Rodney do not really exist in Peckham and cockney residents probably do not exist in their block of flats anymore.

Political Correctness has resulted in a form of New Puritanism sucking the life, fun and comedy out of the UK as it has been infiltrated by the socially uptight and miserable.

539852903_Screenshot-2018-10-4GoogleNews.png.ea8a9ee3fff5643c95e82cbc159d6cb8.png

Fuck-off, cwunts.

Posted (edited)

British comedy is shite, none of these posh cunts on the telly are even close to being funny.

Last British TV show that made me laugh was Mike Strutter on MTV and that was released 10-15 years ago.

We need reruns of Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett instead we get that whiny old cunt thats as funny as a dose of the clap from One Foot In the Grave.

A treat for you  - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bernard+manning+youtube&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB812GB812&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP4s3k2u3dAhXHBcAKHbcaDR0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=577

Edited by Banned

14 minutes ago, Banned said:

British comedy is shite, none of these posh cunts on the telly are even close to being funny.

Last British TV show that made me laugh was Mike Strutter on MTV and that was released 10-15 years ago.

We need reruns of Bernard Manning or Alf Garnett instead we get that whiny old cunt thats as funny as a dose of the clap from One Foot In the Grave.

A treat for you  - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bernard+manning+youtube&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB812GB812&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP4s3k2u3dAhXHBcAKHbcaDR0Q_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=577

British comedy? Yes, I remember that...

4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

White Gold, Motherhood, Count Arthur Strong, Derry Girls, Quacks, Detectorists, plenty of others.

British comedy is alive and well.

None of them compare to Only Fools and Horses or Porridge,

11 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

Never Mind The Quality Feel The Width.

On The Buses.

Love Thy Neighbour.

The Dustbin Men.

Nearest & Dearest.

Keeping Up Appearances.

26 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Never Mind The Quality Feel The Width.

On The Buses.

Love Thy Neighbour.

The Dustbin Men.

Nearest & Dearest.

Keeping Up Appearances.

And your point is?

1 hour ago, Charles Carter said:

I always thought Only fools and horses was a bit cliched and shit. Maybe I was too young. Porridge was clever though.

Nothing beats Citizen Khan...

...not.

59 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

I always thought Only fools and horses was a bit cliched and shit. Maybe I was too young. Porridge was clever though.

...not.

The early seasons of Only Fools and horses was a work of genius. It was only ruined when the women came into it, Racquel was ok but Cassandra was a heap of shite.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Sue Holderness (Marlene) laments that if Only Fools And Horses were made now that viewers in 2018 would probably not see the funny side of Del Boy if he came new to our TV screens today and that while she supports movements such as #MeToo, men now "don't know how to behave" because "almost anything can be deemed inappropriate".

Sue also forgets that nowadays eastenders like Del and Rodney do not really exist in Peckham and cockney residents probably do not exist in their block of flats anymore.

Political Correctness has resulted in a form of New Puritanism sucking the life, fun and comedy out of the UK as it has been infiltrated by the socially uptight and miserable.

Fuck-off, cwunts.

I live in Peckham, the place is unrecognisable even from the depictions in only fools and horses. Even Desmonds is totally out of wack with current reality .

It's gone through a bit of regeneration lately, I'll often have "discussions" with trend types with guilt they are displacing the "local" black population, I tell them to save their guilt and sympathy for the proper local working class that has been almost completely displaced by the more recent arrivals. 

I tend to frequent some of the more "locals" pubs on occasion, we are now down to the last remaining true locals i.e. people born and grown up in the area, suspect they will be totally gone in 10 years or so. I've a foot in both camps, grew up close in Bermondsey and knew Peckham well as a kid, now back in the area in the nicer bordering areas. I don't see the current change in the place in any negative way at all, no guilt on my side because I just see it as a return to what it was rather than the utter toilet it has become in parts. 

---- 

As for Only Fools and Horses, had it's moments but dragged out and as a sum suffers for it. 

Plenty of good comedy about these days, tons of dross as well. For every Fools and Horses there was equally a Terry and June.

Edited by gilf

10 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Unlikely bedfellows. Obvious mutual respect. When the most important thing was being funny.

These are real lecturers in comedy.

3 hours ago, leonardratso said:

of course rodney went on to redeem himself in goodnight sweetheart. (what?)

Wasn't the plot of that basically it's ok to cheat on your missus if you go through a time portal to do it?

10 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

...not.

23 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Denzil Tulser

Related image

I would wager that Denzil - the character in Only Fools and Horses, did more for race relations in this country, than any black politician. I loved the bloke!