• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Head of interpol missing

This is what happens when you leave a Chinaman in charge of China, which I think should be British like Africa, and India, and the Middle East, and the Americas.:Old:

5 hours ago, MrPin said:

This is what happens when you leave a Chinaman in charge of China, which I think should be British like Africa, and India, and the Middle East, and the Americas.:Old:

Huzzah!

How bizarre.

Some reports say he is the head of Interpol. Others say that he is the Chinese head.

Banged his head and is wandering around Asian unable to recall his name? Kidnapped by a state - any state? Kidnapped by organised criminal gangs? Had a fling with someone and the husband, or wife, took exception and took a contract out on him?

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How bizarre.

Some reports say he is the head of Interpol. Others say that he is the Chinese head.

Banged his head and is wandering around Asian unable to recall his name? Kidnapped by a state - any state? Kidnapped by organised criminal gangs? Had a fling with someone and the husband, or wife, took exception and took a contract out on him?

He went to the Lib-Dem party conference and was lost forever...

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How bizarre.

Banged his head on a big bag of cash.

Nicked or from western intelligence.

Discussing his party credentials in a cellar now.

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

He went to the Lib-Dem party conference and was lost forever...

No.

Hed stick out.

Not cos hes chinese, just because he turned up.

Seems that he is indeed the head of Interpol. Apparently continues to hold a ministerial job in China. WTF!?

He was apparently taken away for questioning when he arrived back in China.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-06/interpol-asks-beijing-information-interpol-chiefs-whereabouts

There was an episode of Star Trek when a Vulcan ambassador supposedly vapourised on the transporter pad. Everyone was sad on the Enterprise. Much angst.

They later discovered that she was a Romulan spy. Instead of being vapourised she had been beamed away. Much egg on the faces of the Enterprise crew. Much "How could we have been so stupid?".

3 hours ago, blobloblob said:

I really feel for Interpol. I've lost my patio door key so i know exactly how they feel.

I'm sure this chap could open even more doors than your lost key could.

Background from over here:

• He was elected president of Interpol in 2016 after a long career in Chinese Communist Party law enforcement; his term lasts until 2020.
  • He is still named as a vice-minister of public security on Chinese government websites but is no longer a member of the Communist Party Committee. he lost his seat in April, after a significant controversy between Interpol and Xi Jinping’s regime.
  • In February, Interpol announced it would cancel a “red alert,” a call for international police to make an arrest, for Dolkun Isa, the head of the World Uyghur Congress. China had applied for and successfully attained a red alert for Isa, claiming the activist was a “terrorist” and his group, which advocates for the human rights of China’s Uighur minority, is a global threat. Interpol, under Meng, determined that China had not sufficiently proven Isa was a threat.
  • China expresses its dissatisfaction at Interpol revoking the red notice for Dolkun Isa, China’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement at the time. “Dolkun Isa is a terrorist as determined by the Chinese government."
  • Prior to the cancelation of Interpol’s red alert for Isa, Xi had aggressively supported cooperation with Interpol. Interpol held its 2017 conference in Beijing, where Xi said his country “highly commends Interpol’s efforts to protect the world’s security and stability, and will continue to support Interpol to play an even more important role in global security governance.”

So, my summary is that, as soon as Meng did not follow the political instructions of Xi to effectively use Interpol as an extension of the the Chinese State, particularly in their crackdown on dissident groups.

INTERPOL is the world's largest international police organization, with 192 member countries. Our role is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place.

Then you have to question whether it's succeeding in that role.  So many terrorists and members of proscribed groups seem to roam free and also brag about their next attacks. 

For instance ISIS apparently with impunity now encouraging attacks on young people at pop concerts.

On 05/10/2018 at 11:51, MrPin said:

I will dig out my pith helmet!

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:24, leonardratso said:

hes a gonner.

thats what being questioned in china means doesnt it?

Well they have the death penalty for serious corruption and for traitors, if that's what you mean.