• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Gosnell.... a symptom of the sick sick left

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

He was black too, I suspect if he was white the media might have found it easier to come up with an angle to report it from.

Evil cunt anyway.

This

Those poor babies :( barbaric. You'd think if they had got that far they could have waited and given it up for adoption instead.

Was annoyed when I went to the GP when pregnant he immediately said I assume you will be wanting an abortion.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

This isn't a left/right thing.

I agree to a limited extent.

It is a difficult issue that should considered with great solemnity and on an individual basis.

It's not like having a run of the mill procedure.

Many women and some men are mentally harmed after abortion but that's an inconvenient truth rarely talked about.

What I hate is seeing lefturds celebrate it like those morons in Ireland recently whooping and cheering after the Abortion Referendum.

I also hate the selection bias from the left. In Gosnells case they simply didn't cover it so we didn't know, lying by omission AGAIN.

BTW I found out about this by accident. I saw Dean Cain of Smallville fame discuss it on Fox.

He's in a movie playing a police officer who busted Gosnell.

It's coming out in the US in a weeks time.

After watching this many will be disgusted by the horrific crimes of this monster and by the left covering for human turds like him.

Edited by JackieO

34 minutes ago, maudit said:

Was annoyed when I went to the GP when pregnant he immediately said I assume you will be wanting an abortion.

Strangely the British pregnancy advisory service only advises you how to end your pregnancy.

16 minutes ago, JackieO said:

It is a difficult issue that should considered with great solemnity and on an individual basis.

Many women and some men are mentally harmed after abortion but that's an inconvenient truth rarely talked about.

What I hate is seeing lefturds celebrate it like those morons in Ireland recently whooping and cheering after the Abortion Referendum.

I also hate the selection bias from the left. In Gosnells case they simply didn't cover it so we didn't know, lying by omission AGAIN.

BTW I found out about this by accident. I saw Dean Cain of Smallville fame discuss it on Fox.

After watching this many will be disgusted by the horrific crimes of this monster and by the left covering for human turds like him.

Agreed. What annoys me is the way abortion-on-demand is treated as one of those 'settled' issues which we are not allowed to debate. 

12 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Agreed. What annoys me is the way abortion-on-demand is treated as one of those 'settled' issues which we are not allowed to debate. 

Yes.

I'm Catholic and my views on abortion are pretty much in line with JRM, no matter how unfashionable.

Posted (edited)

If it was reported, it would be span as a reason to increase the 24-week time limit as 24 weeks was is too short and encourages this behavior, the doc was very brave for doing the right thing against an injust law.

Edited by snaga

1 hour ago, maudit said:

Those poor babies :( barbaric. You'd think if they had got that far they could have waited and given it up for adoption instead.

Note to self. I must stop assuming everyone on here is a bloke. :Jumping:

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Note to self. I must stop assuming everyone on here is a bloke. :Jumping:

xD My english teacher said I wrote like a boy.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I am sure you could get him/her/it arrested for that.

Do you hold a grudge?

It was the headmistress.

Can hold a grudge, well I remember everything wrong my husband has ever done xD

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

Indeed. As has been mentioned, in some US states at least, if you beat a pregnant woman, and her baby dies, and she survives, you can be charged with murder of the baby. If she chooses to kill that baby herself, no charge is brought.

If we are being objective about what a human life is, either both instances are murder, or both are not. 

Some point in time, not all that long ago (at school in the 90s, it was certainly still taught as a matter of foetal viability than 'wimmins rights') it was a question of at what point does a foetus become 'viable', and a womans right to abort was always secondary to that. I guess, as medical technology has kept pushing the viability date back and back they have had to drop the veil of it being a matter of medical science and one of purely 'right to choose'

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Mind you its not the abortion issue that are the main grounds for concern:

"The grand Jury published its 280-page report in January 2011. It stated that, while some might see the issue and case through the lens of pro- and anti-abortion politics, it was in reality:

not about that controversy; it is about disregard of the law and disdain for the lives and health of mothers and infants. We find common ground in exposing what happened here, and in recommending measures to prevent anything like this from ever happening again.[55]

The grand jury concluded that the practice was a corrupt organization within the meaning of racketeering law, based upon what it considered evidence of deliberate "standard" use of "bogus" doctors, falsification of records, grossly unprofessional procedures with little or no regard for human life, and flagrant disregard for medical and abortion laws and their consequences."

10 hours ago, JackieO said:

Of course yo have never heard of this case...

Why?

Because the lying fucking MSM had a blackout on it and fucking never covered it. Against their pro-abortion bias you see.

Fucking lefturd scum!! >:(

Actually I have heard of the case, because it was widely reported at the time. Here's a contemporary story from the HuffPo (which I think we could all agree is a fairly leftwing organisation) which turned up on the first page of google results on a search for Kermitt Gosnell:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3267935

Here's the So-Called BBC's report on the case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22518979

So I have to say that really the Fucking lefturd scum!! haven't actually done a very good job of covering up the story since it was widely reported, and lots of people including me got to hear all about it. But I suppose that since you didn't hear about it that does open up the worrying possibility that in fact the Fucking lefturd scum!! are picking on you in particular, perhaps by installing lefturd spy chips in your computer, or using scum mind control rays.

Or maybe you just don't keep abreast of the news as well as you could.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, the gardener said:

Yes.

I'm Catholic and my views on abortion are pretty much in line with JRM, no matter how unfashionable.

your allowed an opinion,i do beleive women have the right to decide.but im also allowed an opinion and half the abortions are just because many women are lazy bastards and the length of time before abortion should be droped by quite a lot and not allowed at all if the sex has been determined 

the twat wants breaking on the wheel and id have it streamed on the internet,this problem would drop massivly if men had the contriception pill.

Edited by stokiescum

6 hours ago, Rave said:

Actually I have heard of the case, because it was widely reported at the time. Here's a contemporary story from the HuffPo (which I think we could all agree is a fairly leftwing organisation) which turned up on the first page of google results on a search for Kermitt Gosnell:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3267935

Here's the So-Called BBC's report on the case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22518979

So I have to say that really the Fucking lefturd scum!! haven't actually done a very good job of covering up the story since it was widely reported, and lots of people including me got to hear all about it. But I suppose that since you didn't hear about it that does open up the worrying possibility that in fact the Fucking lefturd scum!! are picking on you in particular, perhaps by installing lefturd spy chips in your computer, or using scum mind control rays.

Or maybe you just don't keep abreast of the news as well as you could.

Are you fucking lefturd scum perchance xD

Anyway no need to be a dick. The fact that the So-Called BBC covers something up the arsehole of its website is no news at all. the So-Called BBC covers many stories but only highlights the one's it want to push whilst it buries unpalatable stories in the nether regions of its vast website.

Criticism of media coverage

A perception had built up among some journalists and pro-life groups that there had been a reluctance to report on the trial among mainstream media. In an April 11, 2013 opinion column for USA Today, Kirsten Powers wrote: "A Lexis-Nexis search shows none of the news shows on the three major national television networks has mentioned the Gosnell trial in the last three months", and that national press coverage was represented by a Wall Street Journal columnist who "hijacked" a segment on Meet the Press, a single page A-17 story on the first day of the trial by The New York Times, and no original coverage by The Washington Post.[140]

While Kirsten Powers is credited by some for drawing media coverage to the Gosnell trial, Dave Weigel at Slate.com reported it was conservatives' aggressive use of social media, especially Twitter, that "goaded" the press into covering the trial in Philadelphia. According to Weigel, Troy Newman, president of the Kansas-based pro-life Operation Rescue, had organized a Twitter campaign using "#Gosnell" to break the "Gosnell Media Blackout." Key to that social media campaign was a picture of rows of empty media seats in the Gosnell courtroom taken by Calkins Media columnist J.D. Mullane.[141]

Mullane told Weigel he was struck by the absence of media at the trial, and took out his iPhone and snapped the picture, tweeting it later that night.

"Mullane retweeted the photo a few more times, with different captions, because it had been packed into a snowball (of criticism)" which included Powers' column for USA Today, Weigel wrote. The empty seats photograph was used by pro-life activists to show "proof" of media dereliction. Weigel wrote: "It worked. An estimated 106,000 #Gosnell tweets later, on April 15, Mullane reported that major networks and newspapers had sent their reporters to cover the trial—Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post."

Writing for The Washington Post, Melinda Henneberger responded that "we didn't write more because the only abortion story most outlets ever cover in the news pages is every single threat or perceived threat to abortion rights. In fact, that is so fixed a view of what constitutes coverage of that issue that it's genuinely hard, I think, for many journalists to see a story outside that paradigm as news. That's not so much a conscious decision as a reflex, but the effect is one-sided coverage". Explaining why some of her colleagues did not report on the story, Henneberger wrote, "One colleague viewed Gosnell's alleged atrocities as a local crime story, though I can't think of another mass murder, with hundreds of victims, that we ever saw that way. Another said it was just too lurid, though that didn't keep us from covering Jeffrey Dahmer, or that aspiring cannibal at the NYPD."[142] Writing for Bloomberg View, Jeffrey Goldberg said that this story "upsets a particular narrative about the reality of certain types of abortion, and that reality isn't something some pro-choice absolutists want to discuss".[143]

The Los Angeles Times,[144] The Atlantic,[145] Slate,[146] and Time[147] all published opinion columns where the writer thought the incident was not getting as much media coverage as it deserved. Megan McArdle explains that she didn't cover it because it made her ill, but also how being pro-choice influenced writers saying "most of us tend to be less interested in sick-making stories if the sick-making was done by 'our side,'" saying, "this story should have been covered much more than it was — covered as a national policy issue, not a 'local crime story.'"[148] Martin Baron, The Post's executive editor, claims he wasn't aware of the story until Thursday, 11 April, when readers began emailing him about it, saying "I wish I could be conscious of all stories everywhere, but I can't be".[149] They ultimately decided that, in fact, the story warranted attention because of "the seriousness and scope of the alleged crimes and because this was a case that resonated in policy arguments and national politics", adding "In retrospect, we regret not having staffed the trial sooner. But, as you know, we don't have unlimited resources, and [...] there is a lot of competition for our staff's attention".[149] He insisted that "we never decide what to cover for ideological reasons, no matter what critics might claim. Accusations of ideological motives are easy to make, even if they're not supported by the facts".[149] The New York Times also acknowledged the lack of coverage and reported on the online campaign and subsequent increase in coverage of the case.[150] While Powers' piece clearly sparked debate among journalists, Katherine Bindley also highlights contrasting views,[151] as does Paul Farhi.[149] A column on Salon.com questioned whether the Gosnell case was an example of liberal media bias, saying that conservative media and politicians had also given little attention to the story until April 2013.[152]

In April 2013, 71 other Members of Congress joined Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn in a letter condemning the media "blackout" on the Gosnell trial.[153][154]

18 hours ago, JackieO said:

I read an account of what happened in that clinic a couple of years ago. I don’t see how you could make a film of that suitable for general release. Too horrific, and seemingly too implausible.