• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Rare Bear

How can I report a stolen phone on the ID network for another person?

Sister in law is in hospital. Her phone has been nicked, surprise, surprise.

I cant log into the ID website as I dont have her login details, the other method of logging in does not work as I need her phone to receive the security phone and I'ved waited on their voice line for half and hour without getting through to anyone.

Does anyone have any idea as to how the fuck I can get her ;line cancelled?

Complain very loudly to the hospital and take it to the local press.  I know it doesn’t help sorting out the phone but they should be shamed into taking better care. That phone will be a line to the outside world when in hospital 

The phone has now turned up. Funnily enough it's not the hospital that pisses me off, it's the phone company. They make it virtually impossible to contact them on behalf of someone else to report a stolen phone. I suspect that if I did get through to a human it might well be still impossible to put a stop on the account.

Given her situation I reckon that the best thing to do now is to have her number ported to a 3 PAYG sim. Then if the phone does go walkies it is only a phone and a few quid of credit, not access to her bank account via the direct debit with ID mobile.

People never seem to have a SIM lock or phone lock they just leave it wide open. So easy these days as well with fingerprint readers. Is it just me paranoid? I switch on any lock and encryption that it lets me.