• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
maudit

Civil rape cases

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/06/the-woman-who-sued-over-i-needed-to-speak-up

"Backed by lawyers with the Scottish Women’s Rights Centre and Rape Crisis Scotland, Miss M took the rare step of launching a private civil action against Coxen. For the first time in Scotland since 1926, someone cleared of rape in a criminal trial was being sued for damages.

A civil case requires a lower standard of proof than in a criminal case, with a judge sitting without a jury making a decision on the balance of probabilities."

A worrying development wih the different burden of proof involved. She was awarded 80k. I think it should be kept to the criminal courts as there is the potential for lying women to abuse this.

'She heard toxicologists tot up and debate her alcohol consumption: the cider, rosé wine, champagne and vodka. Psychologists discussed her post-traumatic stress disorder, her blackouts, the sleepless nights and bouts of depression which followed that night. The court heard expert testimony about the wound to her mouth caused when Coxen forced her to have oral sex; the violence of the rape, she said, left blood stains across the bed and a nearby wall.'

Really? Did his penis chip her teeth??

Very uncomfortable about this.

Rape is a crime and needs to be judged as one.

A higher court finds the accused innocent then a lower one finds the very same person guilty ...very worrying ,does this now open the flood gates for the accused who were found not guilty taking civil action against the accuser ?

Put assets into a trust for your kids seem to be the best route one can take.

Or just go to Thailand and hookers for your leg over.

55 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

A higher court finds the accused innocent then a lower one finds the very same person guilty ...very worrying ,does this now open the flood gates for the accused who were found not guilty taking civil action against the accuser ?

indeed,this could open pandoras box.

Does it even have to be rape now.  I think that's the possible implications of that case.  What if it was even accepted to be consensual but it turned out to be incompatible or maybe just too rough.  

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

Does it even have to be rape now.  I think that's the possible implications of that case.  What if it was even accepted to be consensual but it turned out to be incompatible or maybe just too rough.  

Very difficult on this.

Theres the report, on about how she drank loads etcetc, now gas ptsd post event.

Yet the bloke may have drunk loads to, so why no allowance for that.?

Is the bloke some wierd predator, picking up drunk women. Or was he equally pissed and fucking up having sex??

Lets not assume anyyhing on this - maybe hes a predator, maybe they were both drunk, maybe she was raped, maybe shes sobered up and regretting a one night stand.

Making a pitch for trauma, otsd does not really tally when the guy involved has had his face plastered on the papers for two court cases - one criminal, one civil.

Fo arguments sake, could a convicted rapist make a civil case against his accuser?

Doesnt thus have the sniff of doubk jeopardy. Or makework for ambulance chasers?

11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

What is a "civil" rape? I am a gentleman of small means, but I appreciate willing vaginas

ist where the rapist minds his/her ps and qs and says thankyou before during and after the rape.

Just now, leonardratso said:

ist where the rapist minds his/her ps and qs and says thankyou before during and after the rape.

That's me then, I don't I think I raped, but I have "obliged" a lady, for the evening. And there's a cup of tea and ride home in the morning.