• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Van Lady

Dosbods Desert Island Discs Thread

It's a gloomy bank holiday here with showers and nothing on today so I've passed some time making my desert island disc selections:-

As per the rules I'll be given the entire works of Shakespeare which would give me a lot of reading material as I've only read snippets.

I would ask to substitute the bible with a Tibetan Prajnaparamita collection of sutras know mainly for their development of sunyata (emptiness and voidness) as I think I'd find that more interesting as a meditator and fan of Buddhist philosophy

My choice of book was easy:- Alfred's Teach Yourself to Play Piano to link with my luxury item choice.

My luxury item would be a piano. Can't play but would love to and learning would pass the time......years as my current level is playing a few bars of three blind mice xD

Choosing 8 songs/tunes was very very difficult but I decided on the following as I have never tired of any of them:-

1. Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barbour because I find it beautiful and relaxing.

2. Piano Concerto No. 2 Adagio Sostenuto -  Rachmaninov for same reason as above.

3. Suite No. 2 Romeo & Juliet Montagues and Capulets - Prokofiev because for me it's rousing and motivating.

4. Storm - Vivaldi for same reason as No. 3

5. Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty to sing and dance along to and love the saxophone solo in it.

6. Urgent - Foreigner for same reason as No. 5

7. Singing in the Rain - Gene Kelly because I like singing it and find it cheers me up when down

8. That's Life - Frank Sinatra for same reason as No. 7