• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sat wtching Dr Who and think I’ve got a full house on my pc playing card. 

I think they’ve got it all covered. Well done to the writers and the So-Called BBC.

9 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I thought that myself...

mixed race couple. Check.

Muslim police woman. Check.

We’ve also got dyspraxia mentioned, disability. Check.

3 minutes ago, This Time said:

Oh, the new series has started then? I used to count down the minutes. Might watch it when it hits Netflix.

No there is some spoof of Dr Who on now with Jennifer Saunders doing her usual daffy self impression and Bradley Walsh acting as Norman Wisdom plus  by a bunch of SJWs running around chased by a marvel comic baddie reject.

9 minutes ago, This Time said:

Oh, the new series has started then? I used to count down the minutes. Might watch it when it hits Netflix.

I get series videoed by my parents and then binge watch them when I house sit when they're on holiday; which is a lot.

I haven't bothered with this or most of the Peter Capaldi epsiodes as the writing was poor; similar for Top Gear after the big three presenters left.  I'm just not interested; the So-Called BBC has wrecked another of its jewels.

2 minutes ago, satch said:

No there is some spoof of Dr Who on now with Jennifer Saunders doing her usual daffy self impression and Bradley Walsh acting as Norman Wisdom plus  by a bunch of SJWs running around chased by a marvel comic baddie reject.

:D

Out of reps for today.

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

If Dr Who had been Malcolm Tucker, I would probably have gone out and bought a licence just for that.

12 was quite grumpy but he didn't swear.

On a par with Peter Capaldi , so a bit crap.

Seemed like it was "we want a female Dr" and they went out looking for a female to play the role, rather than, "wow, Ms XXX is fab, wouldn't she make an amazing Dr"

The main white male character was portrayed as weak and not intelligent, needed to be saved by the others.

The second white male character was I think intended to be a bit of a comedy character - the bus driver.

As for the plot, I'm assuming someone at the So-Called BBC watched predator for the first time and thought, wow, what a great idea.

The DR character seemed have just watched some previous episodes and copied the style. I would have prefered something new and unique.

Don't have a problem with black and asians playing roles but there did seem to be an over representation. Seems all police officers are now Asian/Muslim.

I used to like Dr Who as kid. Only watch it now as my kids watch it. Matt Smith was quite good. I would perefer to see someone selected because they are good for the role rather than ticking SJW boxes.

Dr. Who is uber SJW BBC; why it is so pernicious is because of its global reach.

It is simply not representative of Britain; it is a sugar-coated PC version of a multi-culti Britain that does not exist to the extent portrayed. As with adverts it is a misrepresentation of reality.

Why would/why do they do I?

35 minutes ago, null; said:

On a par with Peter Capaldi , so a bit crap.

Seemed like it was "we want a female Dr" and they went out looking for a female to play the role, rather than, "wow, Ms XXX is fab, wouldn't she make an amazing Dr"

The main white male character was portrayed as weak and not intelligent, needed to be saved by the others.

The second white male character was I think intended to be a bit of a comedy character - the bus driver.

As for the plot, I'm assuming someone at the So-Called BBC watched predator for the first time and thought, wow, what a great idea.

The DR character seemed have just watched some previous episodes and copied the style. I would have prefered something new and unique.

Don't have a problem with black and asians playing roles but there did seem to be an over representation. Seems all police officers are now Asian/Muslim.

I used to like Dr Who as kid. Only watch it now as my kids watch it. Matt Smith was quite good. I would perefer to see someone selected because they are good for the role rather than ticking SJW boxes.

Dr Who is a children's programme.

It could have been a good adults programme, but they wasted that opportunity decades ago.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Stopped caring for Dr Who after Sylvester McCoy. 

I should add, i was a child at the time. 

Whittaker is destined to be this generation's McCoy.

[I'd add that it isn't her fault, particularly.  It is the usual fault of 'people in control getting up their own asses']

Edited by dgul

1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Dr. Who is uber SJW BBC; why it is so pernicious is because of its global reach.

It is simply not representative of Britain; it is a sugar-coated PC version of a multi-culti Britain that does not exist to the extent portrayed. As with adverts it is a misrepresentation of reality.

The only BBC show I know that had any global reach was Top Gear..  and they effectively canned it when they dropped JC.

I can't think of anything else the So-Called BBC produce that foreign viewers would like or watch.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Dr Who's always been 90% shit with the odd stand out slightly creepy episode. 

I don't think adults that watch it are quite as bad as adults who read Harry Potter or build huge Lego models, in their spare time. but they're getting there.

Hey.  Watch it.  One of those is me.

6 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Which is why programmes such as Midsomer Murders and Dowton Abbey are so popular overseas. It's the side of Britain that the world fondly remembers, even if it is every bit as unrepresentative of Britain and <insert BBC drama here>. 

Someone mentioned Top Gear as well. Would this clip be allowed to be made today (for both the comment about Fiona Bruce or the meeting)?