• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
lid

Queen

The films coming up.

I'm not sure there was ever a greater band, and I say this a Liverpudlian brought up on the Beatles. It's a tough one. 

I saw them in 86, the Magic Tour. Not at Wembley, at Knebworth, so although I didn't know it, one of their very last big live shows. Awesome performance, brilliant show.

The sight/sound of most of the big singing stars of the day trying and failing miserably to sing their stuff at the tribute show in '92 put Freddie's vocals in perspective.

Unfortunately I can't listen to them in the car without thinking about the joke in the book "Good Omens".

(all tapes/Cds left in a car for two weeks metamorphose into Queen's Greatest Hits) 

18 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I saw them in 86, the Magic Tour. Not at Wembley, at Knebworth, so although I didn't know it, one of their very last big live shows. Awesome performance, brilliant show.

Knebworth 86 was their last live show ever - assuming there wasn't more than one night played at Knebworth you saw their last ever gig - lucky you!

On 08/10/2018 at 21:43, Gloommonger said:

Can't think of a more charismatic front man than Freddy. Who else could rock this crowd like him? A true legend.

Outstanding!

I watched that performance live on tv back in the day. Thanks for posting I’ve just rewatched it for the ? time. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of watching that performance.