• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

12 years to save the earth

Two things. 

First, are they cancelling the Heathrow extension as that won’t help the situation 

second, I did my local museum and there was a fossilised crocodile. From the north east Coast. So, perhaps temperatures have always fluctuated. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Two things. 

First, are they cancelling the Heathrow extension as that won’t help the situation 

second, I did my local museum and there was a fossilised crocodile. From the north east Coast. So, perhaps temperatures have always fluctuated. 

A couple of cherry picked tree ring samples say otherwise xD

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Two things. 

Just ask yourself why there is a road in London called Vine Street.

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

A couple of cherry picked tree ring samples say otherwise xD

So where did the croc come from?  Do you think ancient britons went to warmer climes on holiday and instead of the stuffed donkey, came back with a crocodile?   

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Just ask yourself why there is a road in London called Vine Street.

Coz they sell wine?  :)

The report itself is clear that consumerism is an important driver*, but all the reporting goes on about travel and heating homes.  Funny that.

[* arguably it is even more important, as all those people in China having money because they made cheap crap for westerners will now want to be driving fancy cars and going on foreign holidays**]

[** not saying that westerners are okay having cars and holidays -- just that as we stop there are hundreds ready to take our place]

Posted (edited)

Solar coronal ejections might be behind earthquakes, too. You know, those things that can't be predicted, despite there being centuries old reports of animals acting up and strange glows prior to them. Friedemann Freund is a physicist who has published journal articles on the connection.

Edited by Bod

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Big article bombing in all the "progressive" press about how we only have 12 years to save the planet (actually I think that point is long since gone)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report

but no mention of population control. Climate change is a symptom of overpopulation. First action should be an Iron curtain across the Med then a 1 child policy for Africa.

On the contrary. We need to increase the rate of migration to Europe. 

It will bring on civil war and the massacre of tens of millions quicker. 

1. If the indigenous win, they won't be sending any aid to Africa for a while as it will be too fresh in the mind (and their defeat will act as a deterrent for others to cross the med). 

2. If the migrants win then there will be no more tax to pay for aid and there will be mass famine across both Africa AND Europe. 

Is this their plan?

What happened to Al Gore's prediction of an ice free Arctic? No to mention the Independent article from 2002 or something that predicted the end of snowfall in the UK. 

Interesting website! Snouts in the Trough - worth bookmarking.

6 minutes ago, Bod said:

Armageddon is like buses, there is always one around the corner! The future is always just far enough ahead not to be provable. Memories short enough in news cycles and a complicit on side media.

Should we look after the planet - yes.

Should we ruin economies and plunder taxpayers' pockets on Al Gore's say-so - no!

Global warming isn't a problem at present because it wont really happen for 100 or whatever years, and by then we will all be dead. It will however become a problem in 2100, and those alive at that time will address it. Right now, its simply better for the politicians to win votes and big business to keep electric prices cheaper and the profits for shareholders. The question will it be too late in 2100? I guess we wont know so who cares? Its personal thing, do you want to believe it or not?

6 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

going to be interesting when it gets to the last 12 days to save the world, imagine the hysteria

as usual and as per Y2K etc etc that final day will come and pass and an excuse as to why it was wrong will appear. ahh, they used the mayan calendar, not the gregorian.

6 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

going to be interesting when it gets to the last 12 days to save the world, imagine the hysteria

Bruce Willis will be be getting on a bit by that point to do the dramatic saving bit.