• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

5 hours ago, Libspero said:

Does sound like a bit of a character assassination.  

Surely the reason he's suddenly such a bad person is because he dumped us in favour of the Russians when we tried to have him killed and he ended up fighting an out of control civil war that we and the US tried to foment?

My memory isn't the best but I'm pretty sure it went something like that..

Pretty good summary, I suspect as always in that part of the world the Israelis also had a hand in what was done via their giant proxy the US. 

These character assassinations of Middle East leaders always make me laugh a bit anyway, how they imagine a nice person would survive for 5 minutes ruling any of those nations I don't know.

Does anyone else remember  how getting rid of the evil Saddam was going to transform Iraq into a middle-eastern Switzerland and export democracy to the surrounding nations? 

5 hours ago, Libspero said:

Surely the reason he's suddenly such a bad person is because he dumped us in favour of the Russians when we tried to have him killed and he ended up fighting an out of control civil war that we and the US tried to foment?

Syria was always an ally of Russia as I recall, it certainly aligned itself with Russia rather than the West. Sure the US "encouragement" for the Arab Spring revolution was the catalyst for their civil war.

No doubt the US military industrial complex saw it as an undeveloped market for their goods and services. 

Wasn't there also a giant pipeline that was intended to pass through Syria, into Turkey and then Europe which would of helped decimate Russian gas exports into the west? With Assad still in power it's, apparently, holding up the plans.

10 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Wasn't there also a giant pipeline...

I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with anything. Assad is pure EVIL. And an eye doctor too. Nuff said.

Jeremy Bowen in Radio Times seems cautiously neutral on Assad, with an attitude of 'well he's won so we'd better get used to it'. 

Also, I nearly fell off my chair last night when he was in Syria interviewing some Christian auxiliary troops, who said that ISIS were funded by the Saudis and Britain! 

45 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

...who said that ISIS were funded by the Saudis and Britain! 

The hilarious conspiracy theories these uneducated troops believe in! Don't forget the Mossad!!! Haha, but we shouldn't laugh: their feeble-minds are easily infected by state propaganda. If only they had easier access to the Beeb!

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Pretty good summary, I suspect as always in that part of the world the Israelis also had a hand in what was done via their giant proxy the US. 

These character assassinations of Middle East leaders always make me laugh a bit anyway, how they imagine a nice person would survive for 5 minutes ruling any of those nations I don't know.

Does anyone else remember  how getting rid of the evil Saddam was going to transform Iraq into a middle-eastern Switzerland and export democracy to the surrounding nations? 

Nail on the head ,why they fuck people can`t see this is beyond me 

Syria has probably the largest population of Christians of any part of the world and they seem to be happy with Assad ,now compare that with Saudi Jordan the list goes on yet he`s a monster 

More likely to be a hagiography than a hate-fest. Don't forget that Steptoe is a Syria/Iran/Russia loving shiite supporter. At some point all the clueless Sunnis voting for him will twig that too, but that's for another thread.

2 hours ago, LC1 said:

I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with anything. Assad is pure EVIL. And an eye doctor too. Nuff said.

I heard on the radio the other day political commentators laughingly conjuring up imagined scenarios of Trump saying stupid/deadly stuff to Kim Jong Un at their summit, all predicated on the idea that to converse, Trump would have to try and speak Korean. 

Kim Jong Un was raised in Switzerland and went to an English speaking school. That doesn't really sit with the brainwashed provincial simpleton narrative though does it.

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

Nail on the head ,why they fuck people can`t see this is beyond me 

Syria has probably the largest population of Christians of any part of the world and they seem to be happy with Assad ,now compare that with Saudi Jordan the list goes on yet he`s a monster 

"anywhere in that part of the world" Dohh

40 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Kim Jong Un was raised in Switzerland and went to an English speaking school.

And is crazy about basketball. The whole thing with Dennis Rodman helping to broker the peace is totally surreal.

11 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Jeremy Bowen in Radio Times seems cautiously neutral on Assad, with an attitude of 'well he's won so we'd better get used to it'. 

Also, I nearly fell off my chair last night when he was in Syria interviewing some Christian auxiliary troops, who said that ISIS were funded by the Saudis and Britain! 

That would not be the same Saudi's who disappear people in their embassy.