• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Band

Limousine in NY -20 dead

I don't understand how 20 people died, weren't 18 of them in the limo? It makes you wonder what speed they were going at, presumably they were all thrown out the windscreen or something, as they don't have seatbelts apparently.

I wouldn't go in a limo after reading about this, and the incident on the bridge a few years ago where people burned to death inside one. Sod that!

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, spunko said:

I don't understand how 20 people died, weren't 18 of them in the limo? It makes you wonder what speed they were going at, presumably they were all thrown out the windscreen or something, as they don't have seatbelts apparently.

I wouldn't go in a limo after reading about this, and the incident on the bridge a few years ago where people burned to death inside one. Sod that!

Yes for everyone to have died is strange. 

Wonder if there were tyre marks ... Or if it was driving straight in.

Edit - no skid marks, so maybe deliberate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/08/new-york-limousine-crash-skid-marks-ntsb

Edited by Banned

8 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

To kill all 18 inside and 2 pedestrians it must have been a deliberate high speed run into the tree 

what religion was the driver? 

.. is owned by Shahed Hussain, who is of Pakistani-origin .. doubting they had a employment policy promoting diversity.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pak-origin-man-owned-limousine-involved-in-deadly-us-accident-reports-1929362

I read that no one had seat-belts on and that blunt force trauma was the most likely cause of death.

One minute they were travelling at high speed. Then they weren't. Momentum and Newton then took over.

Apparently they had booked a coach but the coach was unavailable supposedly due to repair so the limo was sent instead. 

Everyone in a happy wedding mood. Maybe had a glass of something. Probably no one thought twice about the limo or whether it was safe or not.

29 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I read that no one had seat-belts on and that blunt force trauma was the most likely cause of death.

One minute they were travelling at high speed. Then they weren't. Momentum and Newton then took over.

Even at a mere 30mph, flying into the hard bulkhead head first, or someone elses head, or being hit by the persons behind head, its going to be nasty. A lot of those limos are just two big bench seats inside running the length of the vehicle, not much to slow you down in an impact.

But it's still a shock that so many were killed. Always the more tragic when what is meant to be something fun goes so horribly wrong.

18 people in a weakened lengthened car, sounds dodgy, how much do you think 18 people would weigh?

Ive never been in a full length piece of shit american limo, closest i suppose was a 3 row seat merc saloon limo as a funeral convoy, it was brand new and felt like a piece of cheap plastic shit, bouncy and weak and drifty.

I think id take my chances ina  coach thanks, at least thats a sort of 10 ton truck chassis with some solidity and strength unlike a car chassis, or even worse a shitty cut and shut.

35 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

18 people in a weakened lengthened car, sounds dodgy, how much do you think 18 people would weigh?

Ive never been in a full length piece of shit american limo, closest i suppose was a 3 row seat merc saloon limo as a funeral convoy, it was brand new and felt like a piece of cheap plastic shit, bouncy and weak and drifty.

I think id take my chances ina  coach thanks, at least thats a sort of 10 ton truck chassis with some solidity and strength unlike a car chassis, or even worse a shitty cut and shut.

That's probably 1.5 metric tonne of passengers!

8 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

To kill all 18 inside and 2 pedestrians it must have been a deliberate high speed run into the tree 

what religion was the driver? 

and so soon after ISIS called for attacks on concert goers - apart from their repeated demands for random attacks.  It doesn't quite fit the pop concert scenario but it's getting there.

Likely it's just an awful accident and maybe brake failure or similar but you just have to hope that a full and proper investigation of all possibilities is carried out by the officials.

4 minutes ago, twocents said:

and so soon after ISIS called for attacks on concert goers - apart from their repeated demands for random attacks.  It doesn't quite fit the pop concert scenario but it's getting there.

Likely it's just an awful accident and maybe brake failure or similar but you just have to hope that a full and proper investigation of all possibilities is carried out by the officials.

I read that it was a converted truck so that raises all sorts of possibilities about the physical structure, weight, brakes, etc.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I read that it was a converted truck so that raises all sorts of possibilities about the physical structure, weight, brakes, etc.

The brakes might be the prime failure but a weakened structure would likely add to the scale of the injuries - but from the photographs I've seen the damage to the vehicle didn't seem to be that extraordinary.  Maybe it was brake failure at high speed at the approach to the junction.  From high speed to zero speed in a split second would of course be almost guaranteed to be catastrophic for everyone inside especially if without seat belts.

I suppose one question would be why didn't he steer to avoid the tree - I believe it was reported to be a tree that stopped the vehicle.

Edited by twocents

Driver smells like a double agent taking 20 non-believers with him to get judgement credits from the great one.

It will probably come out that he chose the downhill spot with the 90 jn to get max speed out of the thing when laden with over 1600kg of kids.

If a BMW X7 / Audi Q8 weighs 3000Kg this thing must have been knocking on for 8000Kg and would need a slope to get up to that impact velocity in a sub-urban environment.

Stretch limos are mainly just cut and shunt modifications. I am surprised most don't break in two going over a speed bump.

That said, I have been in a few and it is quite fun. Unless you have a shed load of luggage at your feet which kind of spoils the effect.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

you got a way with words Leon