• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Game_of_Homes

What do you think the UK after Brexit will realistically look like to the wo/man on the street?

Scenarios in the case of a "no deal/hard Brexit" as well as a "soft/Chequers" Brexit too please. How will either scenario affect everyday life and what will actually change come 29th March 2019. Do you think there will be rapid, obvious change or will it be a damp squib "fear mongering" with not much obvious difference? All opinions welcome from Remainers and Brexiteers alike :D!

I expect to wake up to discover that everyone does indeed have a Hugo Boss Nazi uniform in theor cupboard and no one told me where to get one.

Rivers will turn to blood and black dragons will climb up out of caves setting entire cities on fire. There will be a shortage of Lidl spicey monster munch.

Edit:

The EU will have to try to make things difficult just to try to punish us. Maybe they take all our African and ME cultural enrichers away just to punish us. 

Edited by The Masked Tulip

No Deal: Some shortages for a month or two then back to normal

Chequers deal: Less shortages then back to normal.

I don't really see much changing as a result of Brexit in the short term; I think teh phrase is "No triumph, no tragedy".

I wanted out in order to avoid the long term effects of staying in the EU and you're not asking about those.

18 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Scenarios in the case of a "no deal/hard Brexit" as well as a "soft/Chequers" Brexit too please. How will either scenario affect everyday life and what will actually change come 29th March 2019. Do you think there will be rapid, obvious change or will it be a damp squib "fear mongering" with not much obvious difference? All opinions welcome from Remainers and Brexiteers alike :D!

How long after Brexit are we talking? 100 years?

Image result for British street full of burkhas

If we actually get a hard brexit I expect there will be no government in place at the time. I also expect a huge amount of do-gooders and jobsworths to fuck things up as much as possible. The sort who can't operate without big brother telling them how to think and what to do. To these people, not being in the EU and not having the authorised paperwork will make basic life pretty much impossible.

Other than this nothing will change until some violent event such as a proper terrorist attack on a nuclear power station or some small European town by 20 ethnics with AK47s, or maybe an area of France becomes a total and complete warzone which can't be covered up.

I expect open weeping on the streets  by SJWs for a few days.

I also expect that travel to the EU will become extraordinarily difficult for about 3 months, which is how long it'll take for Greece and Spain to get the message across to Brussels that making it difficult for Brits to go to the Med on holiday isn't good for cash-flow.

[I'm planning for next summer hols to be non-EU zone.  There are plenty of choices.]

Edited by dgul

I think that behind the scenes they have already got some arrangement agreed that will be along the lines of a soft brexit. The posturing and drama is just for show to the electorates, and come April 2019 there will be minimal difference to everyday life. I seriously doubt there will be any let up to immigration and the handouts to foreigners, EU and non-EU.

1 minute ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

I think that behind the scenes they have already got some arrangement agreed that will be along the lines of a soft brexit. The posturing and drama is just for show to the electorates, and come April 2019 there will be minimal difference to everyday life. I seriously doubt there will be any let up to immigration and the handouts to foreigners, EU and non-EU.

As I get my news from Russia Today a colleague gets his from French news media, he speaks excellent French (the great show off).

Their reports on Brexit say that the exit deal is 80% agreed and it is expected that the remaining 20% wil be sorted out in plenty of time.

l'm not saying that the French have an unbiased news service but certainly when it comes to Brexit they have no reason for hysterical scare mongering a la BBC and report a far more balanced view.

1 hour ago, Game_of_Homes said:

1. There won't be a no deal / hard Brexit so we don't need to look at that option. 

2. Soft Brexit / Chequers means the worst of all worlds. Basically following the EU dogma with no say and paying into it. Rather than BRINO / LINO, I see this more as SINO (Sovereignty in name only). Under these conditions it will be business as usual, but with a sharp shock in trade balance followed by inflation in goods prices. The politicians will still claim their hands are tied by Brussels as an excuse for all the ills they inflict on us. 

42 minutes ago, Bakez said:

If we actually get a hard brexit I expect there will be no government in place at the time. I also expect a huge amount of do-gooders and jobsworths to fuck things up as much as possible. The sort who can't operate without big brother telling them how to think and what to do. To these people, not being in the EU and not having the authorised paperwork will make basic life pretty much impossible.

Other than this nothing will change until some violent event such as a proper terrorist attack on a nuclear power station or some small European town by 20 ethnics with AK47s, or maybe an area of France becomes a total and complete warzone which can't be covered up.

I fully expect that SJWs will do their best to fuck things up purely out of spite - as is their nature.

Other than that, I don't expect much impact, but bear in mind there are changing times ahead, not necessarily caused by Brexit but will certainly be blamed on it.

6 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

1. There won't be a no deal / hard Brexit so we don't need to look at that option. 

2. Soft Brexit / Chequers means the worst of all worlds. Basically following the EU dogma with no say and paying into it. Rather than BRINO / LINO, I see this more as SINO (Sovereignty in name only). Under these conditions it will be business as usual, but with a sharp shock in trade balance followed by inflation in goods prices. The politicians will still claim their hands are tied by Brussels as an excuse for all the ills they inflict on us. 

No deal is better than a bad deal.

Soft Brexit is a huge mistake and not what we voted for.

I think riots and civil strife are a genuine possibility. Whether or not brexit happens there will be nominally half the country enraged that they didn't get what they wanted and determined to do get vigilante justice. 

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

I think riots and civil strife are a genuine possibility. Whether or not brexit happens there will be nominally half the country enraged that they didn't get what they wanted and determined to do get vigilante justice. 

srsly1.jpg

I have said that I would take part in street protests if Brexit was abandoned but I can't see this happening; I think we may well get a rubbish deal that could be caled Brexit in order to spike the guns because it would still be a sort of Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

srsly1.jpg

I have said that I would take part in street protests if Brexit was abandoned but I can't see this happening; I think we may well get a rubbish deal that could be caled Brexit in order to spike the guns because it would still be a sort of Brexit.

That's what May is trying with Chequers. If the Brexiteers and Labour don't back down, she won't get it through the Commons, but I think they will back down.

1 minute ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's what May is trying with Chequers. If the Brexiteers and Labour don't back down, she won't get it through the Commons, but I think they will back down.

So do I.

I'm not enthused by it but I'm not going to protest against it.

It at least takes us out of the core EU with its rapid drive to becoming a superstate with an unelected leadership.

There will be a ‘soft’ deal that will turn us into deal takers with no influence over the EU juggernaut. Punitive tariffs will be imposed on services ‘pour encourager les autres’. Immigration from the 3rd world will continue. Wee Krankie will make another bid for independence while the political Neanderthals in Norn Iron will continue trying to live in the 1950’s.

2 hours ago, Game_of_Homes said:

I would like fewer roma beggars on the street.