• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Mark Forum As Read - anyone use it?

I keep clicking this button by accident, it then marks every single thread as read. But I don't think I've ever used it as it's meant to be used, so I'm wondering if i should disable it. Does anyone here use it often?

3 hours ago, spunko said:

I keep clicking this button by accident, it then marks every single thread as read. But I don't think I've ever used it as it's meant to be used, so I'm wondering if i should disable it. Does anyone here use it often?

I've used it quite a few times. Never intentionally though.

I really don't like it.

I use it regularly.

I read all the threads in which I'm interested and then mark everything read so that any further new content in a forum is genuinely new to me and I haven't already seen it and decided not to read it.

42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I use it regularly.

I read all the threads in which I'm interested and then mark everything read so that any further new content in a forum is genuinely new to me and I haven't already seen it and decided not to read it.

Same for me. Additionally sometimes I read on another device I'm not signed in on

How are people hitting it by accident? Is it on mobile devices/tablets etc?

1 minute ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Same for me. Additionally sometimes I read on another device I'm not signed in on

It’s next to the view unread button. Easy to hit the wrong one 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s next to the view unread button. Easy to hit the wrong one 

Now that's a function I don't use. Still is it on a mobile device or with a mouse? As someone occasionally uses a mouse with my weak hand and therefore not as accurate I rarely click on the wrong thing xD

7 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Now that's a function I don't use. Still is it on a mobile device or with a mouse? As someone occasionally uses a mouse with my weak hand and therefore not as accurate I rarely click on the wrong thing xD

On tablet or phone, it’s easy to do.  The unread feature is great, you can monitor all the forums at once 

On 11/10/2018 at 09:29, Admiral Pepe said:

I have found myself getting "notification ignorance" with all these cookie notices now and don't bother reading them, I just click OK. I think that's probably how I've managed it.