• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Mark Forum As Read - anyone use it?

Recommended Posts

I keep clicking this button by accident, it then marks every single thread as read. But I don't think I've ever used it as it's meant to be used, so I'm wondering if i should disable it. Does anyone here use it often?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spunko said:

I keep clicking this button by accident, it then marks every single thread as read. But I don't think I've ever used it as it's meant to be used, so I'm wondering if i should disable it. Does anyone here use it often?

I've used it quite a few times. Never intentionally though.

I really don't like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use it regularly.

I read all the threads in which I'm interested and then mark everything read so that any further new content in a forum is genuinely new to me and I haven't already seen it and decided not to read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I use it regularly.

I read all the threads in which I'm interested and then mark everything read so that any further new content in a forum is genuinely new to me and I haven't already seen it and decided not to read it.

Same for me. Additionally sometimes I read on another device I'm not signed in on

How are people hitting it by accident? Is it on mobile devices/tablets etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Same for me. Additionally sometimes I read on another device I'm not signed in on

How are people hitting it by accident? Is it on mobile devices/tablets etc?

It’s next to the view unread button. Easy to hit the wrong one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s next to the view unread button. Easy to hit the wrong one 

Now that's a function I don't use. Still is it on a mobile device or with a mouse? As someone occasionally uses a mouse with my weak hand and therefore not as accurate I rarely click on the wrong thing xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Now that's a function I don't use. Still is it on a mobile device or with a mouse? As someone occasionally uses a mouse with my weak hand and therefore not as accurate I rarely click on the wrong thing xD

On tablet or phone, it’s easy to do.  The unread feature is great, you can monitor all the forums at once 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 09:29, Admiral Pepe said:

Same for me. Additionally sometimes I read on another device I'm not signed in on

How are people hitting it by accident? Is it on mobile devices/tablets etc?

I have found myself getting "notification ignorance" with all these cookie notices now and don't bother reading them, I just click OK. I think that's probably how I've managed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.