DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Low skilled immigration is not a benefit to the U.K.

macca

Low skilled Immigration is not a net benefit to the economy.. 

no shit Sherlock.. you get the feeling they are not stupid but they think we are! It’s always been cheap Labour for corporation mates! 

I wonder if this is a turning point in Tory polices realising its unsustainable.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6258595/Influx-low-skilled-workers-EU-no-clear-benefit-Britain.html

54 minutes ago, macca said:

no shit Sherlock.. you get the feeling they are not stupid but they think we are! It’s always been cheap Labour for corporation mates! 

I wonder if this is a turning point in Tory polices realising its unsustainable.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6258595/Influx-low-skilled-workers-EU-no-clear-benefit-Britain.html

How long has it taken them to realise what five minutes of analysis lays bare?  

The question is, why are they changing the narrative now?  14 years on.  

It's a lot better than skilled immigration though.

Low skilled immigration destroys the lives of lazy plebs who haven't bothered to learn a trade. But at least there's someone to wash your car or polish your shoes. The lazy people get tons of benefits to soften the blow.

Encouraging highly skilled immigration ruins the careers of the intelligent hardworking Britons.

Labour set up all these points systems etc. to destroy the middle classes. Not sure why the Tories are going along with it.

32 minutes ago, One percent said:

Five minutes of analysis?...an ounce of common sense would be sufficient!

maybe they are going to keep the numbers @ 300'000 but tells us they are now highly skilled migrants?

thus claiming to have fixed the problem for the next 14 years until another report comes out telling us it was all a bad idea..

31 minutes ago, MightyTharg said:

Encouraging highly skilled immigration ruins the careers of the intelligent hardworking Britons.

Labour set up all these points systems etc. to destroy the middle classes. Not sure why the Tories are going along with it.

It also robs other countries of the skills they need for their economies..

At least with low skilled benefits driven emigration Eastern Europe managed to export all of its detritus.. We now have the roma gypsyies  and countries like Slovakia have freed up some housing, prisons and police time..

2 hours ago, macca said:

Great way of putting it.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

It's destroyed the public finances and can't go on.  The benefits bill is the elephant of public expenditure (about the same amount as our annual deficit).  Then all the hidden costs such as increased NHS and local govt expenditure (bins, police, schools, etc) are surfacing as there is a crisis in their finances (local government increases held down, demand shooting up, pension liabilities growing).  Fake GDP and noddy analyses saying cheap migrant labour is a net plus does not pay the bills.  And we're hitting a debt ceiling - debt is still rising, albeit at a lower rate and we were Europe's fourth (maybe now second) most indebted country in absolute GDP terms (forget the % of fake GDP).  Corporate mates and elites have packed up and gone into the offshore spiders web.  The UK has been sucked dry.  The greed virus has almost run its course and almost burnt itself out.  Why else have mainly only the foreign (e.g. German) owned UK companies been vocally complaining about Brexit?  The noise has been coming from the SJWs, media, etc, not that much from UK business. 

Also/or maybe a case of them saying what we want to hear as they pretend to fix the problem everyone's complaining about.  Not that they will, instead importing labour from other countries (e.g. India) in return for trade deals, instead of from the EC.

9 hours ago, macca said:

The working class have said for decades that the economy will be ruined by exporting our skills base and that once skills are lost theyll never come back.

They were either ignored or called dinosaurs or racist.

10 hours ago, macca said:

At least with low skilled benefits driven emigration Eastern Europe managed to export all of its detritus.. We now have the roma gypsyies  and countries like Slovakia have freed up some housing, prisons and police time..

I think this is a bit harsh..I have found the majority of E to be workers, not shirkers like the chavs we have here on benefits.

That said, it still doesn't mean that your original statement was incorrect, let me offer an example in support...

I had LL of a HMO who was also working for large housebuilders. He was forever complaining about EE driving rates down and their poor quality of work, but when he wanted an extension built who did he emloy?...EE...and then he grumbled about their workmanship...to finally `put the icing on the cake`, in one of his HMO`s he had two builders...where were they from?...EE.

So it was fine to exploit them but he didn't like the same `medicine`...I find the issue with a lot of UK complainers is that they are hypocrites as well!

1 hour ago, MrXxx said:

I think this is a bit harsh..I have found the majority of E to be workers, not shirkers like the chavs we have here on benefits.

That said, it still doesn't mean that your original statement was incorrect, let me offer an example in support...

I had LL of a HMO who was also working for large housebuilders. He was forever complaining about EE driving rates down and their poor quality of work, but when he wanted an extension built who did he emloy?...EE...and then he grumbled about their workmanship...to finally `put the icing on the cake`, in one of his HMO`s he had two builders...where were they from?...EE.

So it was fine to exploit them but he didn't like the same `medicine`...I find the issue with a lot of UK complainers is that they are hypocrites as well!

I employ local.  My dad always said “I make my money in the town, I’ll spend it in the town “. Only way to ensure that the local community is kept afloat long term. 

13 hours ago, macca said:

Skys blue.

Cuntbyns a moron.

Teachers are thick.

etc.

They are just looking for benefit. Cand find any.

Now look a tthe cost - HB, tax credits, public services esp NHS and shcool.

Sampling aorun mrs spys fellow (all wimmin) primary teachers. Average is ~30$ mainly EE kids. There are some other kids, all equally useless.

Every single one is on low earnings. One even turns up - occsaionally - to sell Big Issue outside the wchool at kick out time.

1 hour ago, MrXxx said:

The EE you'll meet at work wil be that - wroking.

However, you're experieance will differ if you meet EE are schools or down the council office.

12 hours ago, macca said:

Im scrathing my heads at what skills a lot of the EE I might have. Im not sure Big Issue is transferable ...

12 hours ago, MightyTharg said:

It's a lot better than skilled immigration though.

Low skilled immigration destroys the lives of lazy plebs who haven't bothered to learn a trade. But at least there's someone to wash your car or polish your shoes. The lazy people get tons of benefits to soften the blow.

Well, not having low skilled immigration m,eans thats there's low end jobs for the plebs when the kiddy based benefits end.

Game_of_Homes
17 hours ago, One percent said:

Do you really think they have only just realised? It's more likely that they knew exactly what they were doing but it has become politically, culturally and economically toxic to import millions of low/no skilled workers so that a few rich people and companies can make huge profits.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well, not having low skilled immigration m,eans thats there's low end jobs for the plebs when the kiddy based benefits end.

Interesting idea.  So the bens started under Brown and as I understand it are great if you have kids.  But presumably these kids are now increasingly getting too old.  Will we have a sort of tax credits time bomb like all the other time bombs, when that income dries up?  Should it have a snappy name?  Will it be all sad and not their fault?  I wait to be "informed" by the So-Called BBC!

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

Interesting idea.  So the bens started under Brown and as I understand it are great if you have kids.  But presumably these kids are now increasingly getting too old.  Will we have a sort of tax credits time bomb like all the other time bombs, when that income dries up?  Should it have a snappy name?  Will it all be sad and not their fault?

https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/206806-tax-credit-sad-face/

My partners work place, is made up of a lot of EU's, particulary Irish and Spanish. Skilled healthcare professionals. Seems like they're getting an influx of Canadian students from the UK uni's on placement. Cost of living and tuition too high in Canada now? Wonder if this will be another delayed wave or just an odd year.

15 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

My partners work place, is made up of a lot of EU's, particulary Irish and Spanish. Skilled healthcare professionals. Seems like they're getting an influx of Canadian students from the UK uni's on placement. Cost of living and tuition too high in Canada now? Wonder if this will be another delayed wave or just an odd year.

Reminds me of all those accountants coming over here from South Africa and Rhodesia (as was) in the 80's or 90's 'cause their gran was born in the UK or something.  Most seemed to leg it somewhere nicer like Australia or Canada after a while.  Remember one top guy from farming stock who thought it would be a good idea to integrate and join the local farming NFU club thingy.  Anyways they were giving him a right hard time, looking down their noses at him, not being one of the locals and all.  So some smart guy sneers at him asking how many acres his parent's had.  Oh, about <an eff of a lot thousands> he's says.  Probably almost the size of their county.  Room goes quiet, he leaves!    

37 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I’m ok with canadians as long as they are proper Canadians. 

12 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Yes of course they are keen for fucking 5 times their local wage.

23 hours ago, MightyTharg said:

No, low skilled immigration destroys the lives of anyone who earns just enough to live comfortably, but can't afford to pay someone to wash their car. The feckless were always going to be on benefits. Low skilled immigration increases the tax burden on everyone who works for a living and forces down the wages of those who work low-paid jobs to earn a living.

24 minutes ago, AnythingWithWheels said:

No, low skilled immigration destroys the lives of anyone who earns just enough to live comfortably, but can't afford to pay someone to wash their car. The feckless were always going to be on benefits. Low skilled immigration increases the tax burden on everyone who works for a living and forces down the wages of those who work low-paid jobs to earn a living.

Which then essentially drives down the wages of everyone. 

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Yes of course they are keen for fucking 5 times their local wage.

This is a huge part of immigration £7.50 an hour is not future if your a British born citizen..  YOU CANT LIVE ON IT! unless you class an HMO as a future

But entire villages have been completely renovated in Romania from working tax credits and minimum wage..

13 hours ago, One percent said:

I’m ok with canadians as long as they are proper Canadians. 

So do you include both the Newfies and the Quebecois in that grouping?! :-) :-) :-)

Archived