• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
macca

The privatisation of the UK MP vested interest thread

I came across this website, it has some facinating information about alleged dodgy deals done by our MP’s

this link is the Jeremy Hunt link

it includes timeless classics like: 

I sold U.K. blood supplies to Mitt Romney on the cheap

I received £32’000 from a private health firm 

https://endpropaganda.wordpress.com/category/jeremy-hunt/

i want to make this the MP corruption thread.. let’s get lists of dirt on them all in one place.. 

Full list of MP’s with links to private healthcare firms.. 70% of all new contracts went to private companies..

http://freepdfhosting.com/e47dc41823.pdf

3 minutes ago, macca said:

Nah obviously just a coincidence.

But this was the time when  politicians were so corrupt the stopped bothering about being subtle, and it got worse ever since.

Edited by Banned

7 hours ago, macca said:

He is a complete cunt.. if only hell existed most of the Tories would be engulfed in flames.. 

Can we be quite clear on this though, it isn't just the Tories, it is all politicians...whether it's their need/greed for money, power or profile!

4 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Can we be quite clear on this though, it isn't just the Tories, it is all politicians...whether it's their need/greed for money, power or profile!

Unfortunately it’s only the Tories running the show.. 

Remeber a Labour MP tabled.. “Making rental accommodation fit for human inhabitation” 

Conservatives have talked it out 3 times I believe before pretending to care and voting for it.. 

That shows what they think of renters.. Not voting to make rental property fit for human inhabitation is about as low as it gets.. 

Basically it shows the way they really view the poor in society.. 

ie: Don’t deserve a safe affordable home!  

https://fullfact.org/economy/did-mps-vote-against-homes-having-be-made-fit-live-in/

AFF4C53B-208E-48AF-A246-F693BF1B9CF5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, macca said:

Basically it shows the way they really view the poor in society.. 

It's not only the poor that were affected by this. I earn above average in the SE but have to rent as my salary will only allow me to buy a one bedroom flat. 

Basically, they know they won't get many votes under 35 so they don't care about fixing issues that affect that demographic. 

2 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

It's not only the poor that were affected by this. I earn above average in the SE but have to rent as my salary will only allow me to buy a one bedroom flat. 

Basically, they know they won't get many votes under 35 so they don't care about fixing issues that affect that demographic. 

Me too pal.. house 400k, my wages even with 100k deposit will not get me a 300k mortgage on my salary.. 

The housing market is broken, but it’s no accident.. 

On 15/10/2018 at 12:37, UnconventionalWisdom said:

If you can’t afford the basics, you are poor.  No matter the relationship to what others earn. 

This is where we are all duped. We have all been impoverished but because there are others even worse off, we don’t see it 

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

If you can’t afford the basics, you are poor.  No matter the relationship to what others earn. 

This is where we are all duped. We have all been impoverished but because there are others even worse off, we don’t see it 

Yep, it's quite convinient to tell employees that they are on a good salary that is above the market rate. 

We really are in a sorry state where jobs aren't providing enough financial incentives for people to get a house and provide for a family. 

Ricardo's iron law of wages states that worker's wages tend towards the minimum that can sustain a worker's life. The idea being that if you can't afford a house and kids, there's no next generation of workers. 

2 minutes ago, UnconventionalWisdom said:

Yep, it's quite convinient to tell employees that they are on a good salary that is above the market rate. 

We really are in a sorry state where jobs aren't providing enough financial incentives for people to get a house and provide for a family. 

Ricardo's iron law of wages states that worker's wages tend towards the minimum that can sustain a worker's life. The idea being that if you can't afford a house and kids, there's no next generation of workers. 

Even Henry Ford realised that he needed to pay his workers enough so that they could purchase his products 

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

Even Henry Ford realised that he needed to pay his workers enough so that they could purchase his products 

The difference is that nobody would be happy to take out a 30~40 year loan to buy a car, but they seem to find it acceptable to buy a home!

On 19/10/2018 at 18:20, UnconventionalWisdom said:

No longer any need for wages to make it possible for there to be a next generation of workers from this country as they can import people from other poorer countries/subsidised by tax credits. 

Who would want to be a politician if they weren't in it for their own benefit?

Sure, some honourable ones once, but the current crowd are bent as fuck.

And we get to vote for them, as there is no other choice.:Old:

On 19/10/2018 at 17:54, One percent said:

This is the subject of many "reality" shows. So we are shown it, for rotten reasons.:CryBaby:

On 19/10/2018 at 17:54, One percent said:

IMO the ruling elite are making a huge mistake by impoverishing the middle classes and falling to address that lack of affordability regarding rents/buying is not just an issue that affects the lower paid folk in uk.

I think dissatisfaction will keep fomenting in the uk as living standards continue to decline for the majority. It won’t end well

4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

IMO the ruling elite are making a huge mistake by impoverishing the middle classes and falling to address that lack of affordability regarding rents/buying is not just an issue that affects the lower paid folk in uk.

I think dissatisfaction will keep fomenting in the uk as living standards continue to decline for the majority. It won’t end well

Let’s hope it ends in lots of lampposts and rope for the elite 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Let’s hope it ends in lots of lampposts and rope for the elite 

I don’t favour hanging them. My preference would be to imprison them with an unrelenting daily routine of up early, work 8 hours on a task  to run the prison with few breaks, extra rotas above work hours for kitchen duties for inmates to prepare breakfast, lunch cook evening meal and lights out at 9pm. No phones, internet and 4 hours per week allocated for personal interests like reading, listening to music or watching a film or tv programme. One hour per day compulsory exercise after completion of work duties.

They'd wish they were dead every day!

I’d like them to experience the hamster wheel in an extreme way as karma for what their collective policies do to many folk working to get on but they can’t escape!

On 15/10/2018 at 12:42, spygirl said:

My take on this is that ex MP and senior  civil servants can join whomever they want.

However, no UKGOV [contract] will be given to any company employing ex MP or senior civil servant.

Even if this good practice were enshrined in law, it would be pretty poor protection against corruption.

The stories I'm aware of seem to involve getting around this by simply switching the order: big government contract, then the pay-off is to be set up with some sinecure after you leave office (presumably in a sufficiently unrelated role so the successor does not to fall foul of the above rule).

Then there's the possibility of regulatory capture (same pay-off), and swindling expenses (covered by strong-arm tactics threatening the career of any politician who gets a twinge of conscience and feels like spilling the beans (that's from a book about the House of Lords which I read a good few years ago, and will try to dig up)).

23 hours ago, spunko said:

@macca mind if I move this to the off topic subforum?

Only on DOSBODS is this a mark of honour!