• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Another example of refusing to face reality

Earlier this year an audit launched by London’s mayor, Sadiq Khan, found that the city’s black and minority ethnic public employees were paid anything up to 37% less on average than their white counterparts.

could that be because, thanks to open borders, most of them arrived fairly recently. I wouldnt expect to start at the top if I just arrived (against the wishes of the population of that country) in a new country (I wouldnt expect anything, actually) 

And what does that even mean...UPTO 37%. Somewhere, someone coloured is earning 37% less than someone not coloured? Up it to 90%, that might be believable. 

Meanwhile, Labour has announced plans to boost teaching connected to black history in schools, along with the history of the British empire, colonialism and slavery.

Will that include the Barbary Pirates and how over 1.25 million people were taken as slaves from the West

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Will that include the Barbary Pirates and how over 1.25 million people were taken as slaves from the West

Indeed. 

Relative to the regional population, more slaves were taken by the Ottomans from Southern Ukraine/Crimea than were taken to the Americas from the whole of West Africa.

No one mentions it because SLAVERY IS VIRTUALLY ALL HUMAN HISTORY.

Also, thoughout human history, the shame part would not be on those taking the slaves...they would be the victors. On the contrary, it would be shameful to be regarded as part of a slave bloodline. To be the dominated, the subjugated, the losers. 

Sadly, Black Identity has been whittled down to 'we've achieved nothing. We've never built civilizations. We've been everyones slaves. Bow down and respect us' 

Er, no thanks. Sounds rather a pathetic history to me. 

"... black and minority ethnic public employees were paid anything up to 37% less on average than their white counterparts. "

Rather depends on the meaning of "counterparts", doesn't it. If BAME people get 37% less for DOING THE SAME JOB, well, that's wrong.

However, I suspect they don't mean that. But careful use of deceptive language is used to try to hide the writer's dishonesty.

3 minutes ago, DocH said:

"... black and minority ethnic public employees were paid anything up to 37% less on average than their white counterparts. "

Rather depends on the meaning of "counterparts", doesn't it. If BAME people get 37% less for DOING THE SAME JOB, well, that's wrong.

However, I suspect they don't mean that. But careful use of deceptive language is used to try to hide the writer's dishonesty.

My thoughts as well.

It's a bit like saying car wash employees get paid 90% less than brain surgeons.

18 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

No its cos theyre black. 

What? are you a racist or summat. 

If you're a white guy, you wouldnt understand anyway. 

Shut up.

End of discussion.

^^^

Pretty much The depth of actual Political discourse in 2018. 

Well, I’m female and what pisses me off is that having worked hard, gained qualifications and loads of experience, it seems that others may be paid equally to me, without the bloody hard work and sacrifices I have made. 

Just yet another reason to quietly withdraw my consent and stop doing any work. 

2 minutes ago, null; said:

My thoughts as well.

It's a bit like saying car wash employees get paid 90% less than brain surgeons.

They shouldn’t though, that’s just discrimination. 

Goes away to bang head against the wall due to the futility of it all 

43 minutes ago, One percent said:

Qualifications and experience?  Just a guess 

Language, cultural differences.

Anyway I will continue to identify myself as British Asian in HR forms at work so doing my bit to address whatever they're calling this thing; ethnic pay gap?

I recommend everybody do this and if challenged as to why you have apparently changed race say that you previously feared being discriminated against so kept it quiet; and other than that you don't wish to discuss it.

I think this is the one category that you can get away with claiming because Turks and Persians can be pale skinned.

Confession time.

My Grandparents were British, Grandad fought in WW2 and was lucky to survive after being taken POW by the Germans.

However, despite being British they were actually immigrants and of a certain ethnic minority.

That makes me 50% ethnic minority, not that anyone would know it to look at me. I've always considered myself and my family to be British.

Where do I sign up for all this free stuff, special treatment and pay rises?

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Language, cultural differences.

Anyway I will continue to identify myself as British Asian in HR forms at work so doing my bit to address whatever they're calling this thing; ethnic pay gap?

I recommend everybody do this and if challenged as to why you have apparently changed race say that you previously feared being discriminated against so kept it quiet; and other than that you don't wish to discuss it.

I think this is the one category that you can get away with claiming because Turks and Persians can be pale skinned.

Spooky, our posts crossed.

I've always identified as white British. Maybe I should be truthfull to my roots in the future.

Edited by null;
Extra info

14 minutes ago, null; said:

Spooky, our posts crossed.

I've always identified as white British. Maybe I should be truthfull to my roots in the future.

It's entirely a lie upon my part but any organisation that gets government money, or works for an organsiation that gets government money, is expected to demonstrate non-discriminatory hiring so I have given my HR team an additional, if entirely fake, BME member of staff in order to make demonstrating this and so qualifying for the grant or contract easier.

1 hour ago, DocH said:

I  would be interested to see the figures for those who work in the Indian restaurant/takeaway sector same could be said for Chinese /Kebab shops ....i would then like to see the MSM spin that fucker

From where i`m sitting the above is where this shit is happening 

Edited by Long time lurking

On a side note i`m Welsh therefore a minority ,now this is hearsay (but from a good source) a prestige car manufacture are opening a new plant in S Wales ,i have been told the people training to work on the production line will be getting paid significantly less than their west midlands counter parts doing the same job,,,,wheres the outrage  

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

On a side note i`m Welsh therefore a minority ,now this is hearsay (but from a good source) a prestige car manufacture are opening a new plant in S Wales ,i have been told the people training to work on the production line will be getting paid significantly less than their west midlands counter parts doing the same job,,,,wheres the outrage  

You are not a minority in Wales.

Nice try though.

28 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A Syrian I know has red hair and green eyes...

Syrian girl

Image result for blue eyed syrian