• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

John Major Putting riots in the minds of people

Did you see the woman they picked who was struggling on UC?

She is very posh and has a nice house. She had to take out a loan to survive the first five weeks. And now struggles as she works part time and that means they take a lot of money off her and the amount she gets now just abouts covers the rent.

Well, she should work full time.
And then she could have pawned some of her tat on her nice shelves to get through the first few weeks - IF she really didn't have any savings to get her through.

The people losing money are people who have got used to generous levels of benefits that are genuinely unsustainable imo.

John Major has now put in people's minds that they are entitled to riot as it'll change things. Cos that's what happened with poll tax marches and riots and all the kickoffs cos of that.

Edited by sarahbell

12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Did you see the woman they picked who was struggling on UC?

She is very posh and has a nice house. She had to take out a loan to survive the first five weeks. And now struggles as she works part time and that means they take a lot of money off her and the amount she gets now just abouts covers the rent.

Well, she should work full time.
And then she could have pawned some of her tat on her nice shelves to get through the first few weeks - IF she really didn't have any savings to get her through.

The people losing money are people who have got used to generous levels of benefits that are genuinely unsustainable imo.

John Major has now put in people's minds that they are entitled to riot as it'll change things. Cos that's what happened with poll tax marches and riots and all the kickoffs cos of that.

Maybe we should riot because the feckless are wasting money that has been stolen from the sap taxpayer. I’m getting angry enough to do so

I keep on hearing that people will be as much as £2.5k worse off on UC.

I think I'm supposed to think 'poor them, how will they survive'

I actually thing '£2.5k worse off -- just how much are they getting!'

[I've been made redundant -- there was no magic money for me.  Fortunately/Because I'm not completely useless and had savings.  IMO we should have a proper insurance system -- 75% of previous salary for 6 months, 50% for 6 months, not much for 12 months and then breadline]

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I do hope he encourages people to riot for his ‘stay in Europe’ crusade. Then the majority who want out can finally give the remainers a good thrashing.

I think you're speaking rhetorically rather than actually threatening violence but I do believe it will come to this scenario. 

Notice how in the US some politicians and presenters are not directly urging left of centre people to riot but are not condemning it either.

Now we get whatever Major is up to. It almost makes you paranoid believing that there is some kind of co-ordinated plan with someone pulling strings in the background.

I was fuming at the so-called BBC's report with that posh woman on benefits. The whole thing was, IMO, designed to show that even the 'well off' are struggling because of the evil Tories. They won't show a buggy momma in Clacton with five kids of varying Pantone reference skin tones, or a Muslim family in full Sheik of Araby outfits in Bradford, because they know that will anger people. So they make out that it is a normal, middle class thing to be dependant on state handouts. 

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I think you're speaking rhetorically rather than actually threatening violence but I do believe it will come to this scenario. 

If I was faced with a violent rioting remainer I wouldn’t be ‘threatening’ to do anything.

I heard Majors coments differently to how the media is spinning it.

What i heard is a bloke, who was around when the poll tax fuck up was allowed to roll out in unprepared mess.

Poll tax sould have been great - bill on adults in the house.

UC shoukd never have happened. Idiot governmrnt want to tear up existing systrms and put new ones in, that turmpn to be expensive fuckups - see tax credits for this.

And doing UC allows Brown to say Ooh not as good as my tax credits.

What they should have done us stick to tax credits but done the following -

Bump on hours to 20h/w kid under 5. 30h/h kid 5-11, 38h/h kid 13+

Allow couples to work 38h x nmw and get 10k topup - 28kish.

Drop all the extra top - special kids n all that.

Pitch all changes as correcting Browns system. And keep mention yhat your fixing Browns fuckup.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I heard Majors coments differently to how the media is spinning it.

What i heard is a bloke, who was around when the poll tax fuck up was allowed to roll out in unprepared mess.

Poll tax sould have been great - bill on adults in the house.

UC shoukd never have happened. Idiot governmrnt want to tear up existing systrms and put new ones in, that turmpn to be expensive fuckups - see tax credits for this.

And doing UC allows Brown to say Ooh not as good as my tax credits.

What they should have done us stick to tax credits but done the following -

Bump on hours to 20h/w kid under 5. 30h/h kid 5-11, 38h/h kid 13+

Allow couples to work 38h x nmw and get 10k topup - 28kish.

Drop all the extra top - special kids n all that.

Pitch all changes as correcting Browns system. And keep mention yhat your fixing Browns fuckup.

No coz all that is, is bennies for piss poor employers. A full time job needs to pay enough to keep a family. If not, then the job shouldn’t exist. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

No coz all that is, is bennies for piss poor employers. A full time job needs to pay enough to keep a family. If not, then the job shouldn’t exist. 

I agree that a full time job should pay enough to keep a family without benefits but I can’t see how we’ll ever get there as society for the majority.

As I’ve mentioned before I have claimed tax credits in the past simply because it made life easier for me to work part time in my circumstances. If working full time had offered a decent pay better than part time plus tax credit top I would have jumped at that. Despite trying hard it never happened for me. Result is I’m unmotivated!

3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I agree that a full time job should pay enough to keep a family without benefits but I can’t see how we’ll ever get there as society for the majority.

As I’ve mentioned before I have claimed tax credits in the past simply because it made life easier for me to work part time in my circumstances. If working full time had offered a decent pay better than part time plus tax credit top I would have jumped at that. Despite trying hard it never happened for me. Result is I’m unmotivated!

Fwiw, my view is that the reason it doesn’t keep a family is that the establishment have (deliberately) imported cheap labour so as to keep a cap on wages. A race to the bottom. 

They have been doing this for decades. My grandparents and parents could buy a house and live well on one wage. For me, it took two wages. For my kids, not a chance of property ownership because of the massive disconnect between wages and property. 

We need to get back to the position whereby work actually pays. As it stands, it doesn’t. They wonder why productivity is down the pan. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fwiw, my view is that the reason it doesn’t keep a family is that the establishment have (deliberately) imported cheap labour so as to keep a cap on wages. A race to the bottom. 

They have been doing this for decades. My grandparents and parents could buy a house and live well on one wage. For me, it took two wages. For my kids, not a chance of property ownership because of the massive disconnect between wages and property. 

We need to get back to the position whereby work actually pays. As it stands, it doesn’t. They wonder why productivity is down the pan. 

Well put. That’s how I view how things have panned out in my similar life circumstances albeit I’ve been subjected to unplanned single parenthood. 

Regarding work paying, I’m very pleased that my daughter has a full time job in a small team with ongoing support and development plus she loves it. However, after having incurred student debt of around £30k she is only earning £6k more than I was 25 years ago in a run of the mill bank job. She’s based in Edinburgh so no prospect of buying a home of her own.

Productivity is down the pan in all walks of life IMO. If the reward for work, and future prospects, isn’t sufficient to keep a home and have spare discretionary proceeds then people won’t bother putting themselves out. This seems to apply to all folk from low paid to higher whether it be insufficient compensation for one’s labour or too much tax being taken.

I would reverse the whole system. A £12k tax free allowance for every person in the household. Transferable.

That way, someone earning £60k would be motivated to have a stay at home wife and four kids. Rather than motivating a minimum wage, 16 hour a week idiot to breed.

Someone earning bugger all would see no benefit from breeding.

Reverse the idiocracy.

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Well put. That’s how I view how things have panned out in my similar life circumstances albeit I’ve been subjected to unplanned single parenthood. 

Regarding work paying, I’m very pleased that my daughter has a full time job in a small team with ongoing support and development plus she loves it. However, after having incurred student debt of around £30k she is only earning £6k more than I was 25 years ago in a run of the mill bank job. She’s based in Edinburgh so no prospect of buying a home of her own.

Productivity is down the pan in all walks of life IMO. If the reward for work, and future prospects, isn’t sufficient to keep a home and have spare discretionary proceeds then people won’t bother putting themselves out. This seems to apply to all folk from low paid to higher whether it be insufficient compensation for one’s labour or too much tax being taken.

That, right there is the issue. How many years are we talking about?  Wages have stagnated for 25-30 years. Whilst at the same time, the cost of everything has exploded. It’s criminal yet it is never, ever mentioned. 

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

I would reverse the whole system. A £12k tax free allowance for every person in the household. Transferable.

That way, someone earning £60k would be motivated to have a stay at home wife and four kids. Rather than motivating a minimum wage, 16 hour a week idiot to breed.

Someone earning bugger all would see no benefit from breeding.

Reverse the idiocracy.

Agree but it seems to me that they don’t want a stay at home parent. Destruction of the family unit to add to the destruction of community and sovereign state. They really are trying (and succeeding) to change society. 

2 hours ago, Southmartin said:

This joke works better audibly, but let's see if the collective can get the punchline

"What's grey and smells of curry...?"

is it john majors cock?

although remembering john  major,  its more likely to be his cockerspaniel.

whats green and smells of pork?

15 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

John Major is a man who has sex with Edwina Currie.

As a bloke, I could tell that Edwina was dirty. When news of her affair came out, I asked my female friends if Major looked dirty to them. No instant answers but after a moments thought, most of them said yes, he's dirty.