• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
steppensheep

Axes of Evil

Just wondering about who the bad guys are these days. My ranking:

North Korea

Russia

China

Saudi Arabia, Turkey

Israel, Serbia

Iran

USA
UK
EU

My criteria would be, in order of decreasing evilness, murdering your own citizens or opponents, invading neighbouring countries, war in distant countries, oppressing own citizens. There's obviously a lot of personal subjectivity. Somehow I find targeted assassination more evil than causing hundreds of thousands of deaths in foreign wars. I actually like most of the countries on my list.

North Korea are now the good guys, having been liberated from complete CIA control by Donald. Whatever hold the CIA had on Thingy Jong (can't remember his name and get him mixed up with "Gangnam Style" Psy) has been broken. 

Everything from a Q perspective for me these days. 

Does it matter so long as we are clear that Saudi Arabia are a benign, moderate, almost democratic country, well aligned with modern western values? Certainly not a backwards, repressive, dictatorship casting a malevolent shadow over the western world using insidious networks of bribery* and corruption as the carrot, and religious terrorism as the stick.

* I'm not much of one for climate change models, but the sooner we escape our oil dependency the better!

Isn't the thread title a name of an album by the Jimi Hendrix Experience? ;)

I think the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia deserves top billing on the ranking btw. :/ 

Edited by UmBongo

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:
  1. Saudi Arabia
  2. Zimbabwe
  3. South Africa
  4. Afghanistan
  5. Turkey
  6. Pakistan
  7. China
  8. Equatorial Guinea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
  9. Venezuela
  10. Libya

Agreed but IMO it should be written more like this. And while I don't think Russia is the evil enemy, I don't think it's benign either.

1. Saudi Arabia
  2. Zimbabwe
  3. South Africa
  4. Afghanistan
  5. Turkey
  6. Pakistan
  7. China
  8. Equatorial Guinea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
  9. Venezuela
  10. Libya

3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Does it matter so long as we are clear that Saudi Arabia are a benign, moderate, almost democratic country, well aligned with modern western values? Certainly not a backwards, repressive, dictatorship casting a malevolent shadow over the western world using insidious networks of bribery* and corruption as the carrot, and religious terrorism as the stick.

* I'm not much of one for climate change models, but the sooner we escape our oil dependency the better!

Agreed but it's not so simple - we could escape oil dependency and will do IMO in the next 20-30 years, but the political parties in many "democracies" will not escape money dependency. The vast amounts of money in evil Saudi hands will not disappear as the oil runs out, it's all round the world in property, businesses and the financial system now. So they will continue to be able to exert influence unless the Americans cook up a way of chasing it down and seizing it all.