DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

A house that could be an investment

King Penda

i do hate the term a house is my investment,its not its somewhere to live and thus its irrelivent if it goes up /down or stays stagnent if you not worried about negative equaty.however occasionaly i see a house that you could live in and it actualy generates an income.i think this is one of those rare beasts if your willing to rent a couple of bedrooms out.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72667061.html

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

i do hate the term a house is my investment,its not its somewhere to live and thus its irrelivent if it goes up /down or stays stagnent if you not worried about negative equaty.however occasionaly i see a house that you could live in and it actualy generates an income.i think this is one of those rare beasts if your willing to rent a couple of bedrooms out.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72667061.html

Someone wants to sell too...

image.png.eb24333482b1ef8ad50a3e921d5b76d8.png

Looks uber cheap! But we're used to stuff like that worth £250K down here in the South. (Capital S, you know).

There are others to choose from, upto £150K with 4 bedrooms.

Need the local knowledge to see if the sums and hassle add up. Is there a Uni nearby or Hospital you can rent to some well behaved tenants?

42 minutes ago, 201p said:

Looks uber cheap! But we're used to stuff like that worth £250K down here in the South. (Capital S, you know).

There are others to choose from, upto £150K with 4 bedrooms.

Need the local knowledge to see if the sums and hassle add up. Is there a Uni nearby or Hospital you can rent to some well behaved tenants?

uber cheap is always a bit of a worry unless its a forced sale or divorce etc,it just apears to be a house that would easily pay for itself if your willing to put up with a couple of lodgers.i know its not far from the port vale ground so match day parking might be a problem but it might be a permit area saying that.there are some most excellent pubs in the area to.not sure if its a muslim area or not ,no doubt if i found its closest pub i could question the locals about the area.

56 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Someone wants to sell too...

image.png.eb24333482b1ef8ad50a3e921d5b76d8.png

thats some fast research

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

thats some fast research

Property Log plugin in Chrome, overlays on to rightmove automatically so just needed to click your link :P

Looks like a decent house, I'd be happy living there myself. Huge bathroom.

Talking of which, if you were to let that house out on a room by room basis then I think it needs another bathroom with loo downstairs where the utility and storeroom is.

Not familiar with the area at all, but get a few properties selling at that price and it will soon drag the rest down. I also use that chrome plugin and it's been showing drops in the North-West for the past couple of months... still waiting for it to show up in the official data though. Sentiment will soon be changing.

Archived