• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
the gardener

You can piss off too you subsidy junkie

And they apparently know more about the immigration rules post bexit than us.  

And wheat has gone up £25 per tonne, apparently.  Meaningless - we use % in the real world and look in the round. 

And onions, potatoes and sprouts have gone up due to brexit as it is mentioned in an article on brexit but have they?  The article does not provide any evidence.

And prices gone up 5 to 7% - does this happen every time this year (seasonality)?  Is this rise after a recent fall?  General inflation is almost 3%.

And poor harvests and droughts cited but not strpped out from the brexit effect - or is brexit causing bad weather these days?  Stay in the EC and stop global warming!

And the pound moves for lots of reasons.  Indeed it had been going up - have they only just been feeding the poor b*ggers!  And all the wheat is imported then?  And if the pound is such an issue why aren't they exporting them instead?

And sadly, despite everything, sales are forecast to increase 5%!

I've made my personal adjustments to the article and it now reads:. "Farming. Since you're here.....".

Not that brexit is not relevant, somewhere, sometimes, for something.

On 13/10/2018 at 18:58, the gardener said:

You're so right.  Lesson learnt!

Edited by Harley

So for the last few years we've been told immigration doesn't effect wages for Brits then suddenly wages have to go up because of Brexit and EU migrants not wanting to come here?

imho, we eat too much in the UK. Higher food prices are not necessarily a bad thing.

51 minutes ago, Harley said:

And onions, potatoes and sprouts have gone up due to brexit as it is mentioned in an article on brexit but have they?  The article does not provide any evidence.

Potatoes have gone up due to drout.

I presume the author asserts that Mrs May's Brexit dancing has angered the sky gods; resulting in famine and pestilence wherever she treads. Hence the rise in price of seasonal foodstuffs which cannot be explained by any other phenomenon known to man.

Did the author also call for a human sacrifice to be made in order to appease the gods; or are we left to infer that solution for ourselves?

Let's face it; the above hypothesis makes as much sense as many of the other "Brexit will cause trains to fall out of the sky" nonsense articles I've come across recently.

52 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Have you given up smoking recently :D

No but I have lost my Surface Pen. Currently turning the house upside-down looking for it. Grr.

Also smashed my phone screen yesterday too. Only a £25 DIY fix but it's an irritation. Double grrrrr.

Plus having to work last night and this morning. Double double grrr.

Edited by the gardener

6 minutes ago, the gardener said:

No but I have lost my Surface Pen. Currently turning the house upside-down looking for it. Grr.

Also smashed my phone screen yesterday too. Only a £25 DIY fix but it's an irritation. Double grrrrr.

Plus having to work last night and this morning. Double double grrr.

xD

Im glad you warned me, as a result of the rise in the price of turkey ive decided to forgo it this year, as i have done every year for about oh, my whole life.

Instead ive been overfeeding next doors cat every time it comes round, so they may well lose another cat this year at christmas.

Ive been feeding it turkey.

3 hours ago, Harley said:

They've gone up because of the summer heat. Full fucking stop. Has anyone at the Guardian ever stood in a field that wasnt pointed at the Pyramid Stage?

Fucking wankers.

Just like the fucking pound and the euro are back to where they were for YEARS, before the Swiss fucked about with their currency (once Prince Andrew had sold his ski chalet) and we got an artificial boost in the value of sterling v the euro.  Doubtless petrol price rises are being blamed on it too.

Nobody EVER talks about this. Not even brexiteers.

It just makes you realise the impossibility of trying to get through to these people. Its utterly pointless. You literally cant help some people.

The farmers, like the gonk freak plumber, want cheaper fucking slaves.

The farmers down here will all be in hoc with Simon Hoare my local MP. Well Mr Hoare, from memory, you are at the helm of a patch that voted about 55/45 to leave.

I'm going to help UKIP give you some sweaty palms next time. I don't think i will be alone.

3p on a cabbage is fine if i dont have to wait for Magda and Piotr to finish having Slobodans nappy rash treated by the over worked nurse. Its even POSSIBLE that we could manage if the latvian nurse who is not earning enough to pay any tax, or be a net contributor, pisses off home too. train up a currently under used Asda cake whale to do it. You may have to widen the surgery doors though Doc.

Plus i'll make it back on the Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc and the Chilean Carmenere in fucking spades.

I voted Brexit to kick the indigenous crap, and the blairite corporate welfare whores, firmly up the arse and i'm not getting what i want. Waaaaaah wahhhhhh....

Stream ends...

1 hour ago, shindigger said:

They've gone up because of the summer heat. ...

Oh I do wish there was a turbo upvote button.  Or I could give you my full allowance.  Priceless.

Mark Steele on the News Quiz better get a pair of L plates!

Edited by Harley

9 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Just to help the gardener sleep 

Ill get me coat 

These cunts should have been arrested and chucked off.  pilot should have said anyone disrupting the flight will be immediately removed dumped and left to sort out their own flights accommodation etc.  your luggage will eventually be returned

40 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I`m struggling to find a thread for this one so here will have to do...WTF is all i can say are they doing this just to take the piss out of us surely they could find a better excuse ....caveat it is the SUN 

The only way I can comprehend this is to assume there must be enormous kickbacks to UK politicians or civil servants.