• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The Ubermensch commeth

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6274077/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-predicted-rise-new-race-superhumans.html

Bollox really. Super is relative.

Black holes aside, any person who can pee standing up is going to be relatively  super to Stevey.

DNA is more complex than black holes. They sussed some stuff out but 99.9999% is unexplained.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6274077/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-predicted-rise-new-race-superhumans.html

Black holes aside, any person who can pee standing up is going to be relatively  super to Stevey.

DNA is more complex than black holes. They sussed some stuff out but 99.9999% is unexplained.

Hawkwind was a moderately talented physicist who managed to parley his handicap into a media career and became an "expert" on stuff he didn't understand to a credulous and ill educated public (aka journalists).

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Yes I know women that can do that, with good aim, and you had better not laugh at their motorbike..

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes I know women that can do that, with good aim, and you had better not laugh at their motorbike..

Not sure about the motorbike. Its their large prehensile clit that concerns me.

Just now, spygirl said:

Not sure about the motorbike. Its their large prehensile clit that concerns me.

You met biker Lil then? Get your tongue out  and be a man.O.o

So at one extreme we have the super bred genetically receding Mipuris shagging their cousins for generations and at the other end we have the likes of the sub 1%ers who run the global show.

Fortunately these advances in genetic engineering came too late for Tony & Cherie to replicate themselves with enhancements.

19 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Hawkwind was a moderately talented physicist who managed to parley his handicap into a media career and became an "expert" on stuff he didn't understand to a credulous and ill educated public (aka journalists).

Yes, fair play to him for making an advantage out of a serious disability.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Making mice is not diffucult Sarah. You start off with two and you end up with loads. I don't think there is much science in it.:Old:

You're right.
There's a lot of petshops who've told people that they've got two girl mice and they've ended up with lots more mice. 

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

You're right.
There's a lot of petshops who've told people that they've got two girl mice and they've ended up with lots more mice. 

You get enough for a Rugby team, and then you can do mice rugby, with a peanut.

2 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

He was a very good physicist according to his peers, but I agree this does not translate into being knowledgeable  about a) other areas of science b) philosophy c) the world in general.

Einstein designed an improved wing once with three humps in it on the top to increase the velocity over the suction surface; it was rubbish, of course. Hawking had never read a philosophy book in his life, but would nevertheless make all sorts of prognostications.

3 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

But for his illness he could have played keyboards for D'Ream

1 hour ago, Bod said:

He was a very good physicist according to his peers, but I agree this does not translate into being knowledgeable  about a) other areas of science b) philosophy c) the world in general.

Einstein designed an improved wing once with three humps in it on the top to increase the velocity over the suction surface; it was rubbish, of course. Hawking had never read a philosophy book in his life, but would nevertheless make all sorts of prognostications.

d) Selecting health care providers/wives.

Curse of academia - Im a genius... er no, just spent a lot of time on one subject that may or may not be connected to real world.

6 hours ago, Soft lad said:

Who are the really good ones?

Schroedinger, Heisenberg, Rutherford, Feynman, Dirac to think of a few. I don't think Hawkings has been up for a Fields medal or Nobel has he? If he'd been able bodied he would have been pretty much unknown.

A good recap on some of Hawkins work by his colleague Roger Penrose

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/14/stephen-hawking-obituary