• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Happy Renting

Dodge that looks too good to be true turns out to be too good to be true.

Avoid being responsible for your own care costs in old age by putting your considerable assets out of reach. Avoid inheritance tax. Let the taxpayer foot the bill.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Get some independent advice. And ask questions. 

The poster highlights the threats, but you have to to think who is looking after your money. How long has this been in business for?  Who owns this business? Are there any testimonials? Are you insured for loss? Etc.

_103828287_mediaitem103828286.jpg

37 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Avoid being responsible for your own care costs in old age by putting your considerable assets out of reach. Avoid inheritance tax. Let the taxpayer foot the bill.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Cant con an honest man...

I get shit from relatives who, at various time, go - Oh this ifa knowsmore about investing than you. He can get me 10% return by investing in - hotel rooms, emus, whatever - and my money back in 5 years.

Of the couple whove invested, ignoring me screaming unregulated dceme at tem, none have got to 5 years with the yield drying up and the capital disappearing.

As i explain, its easy. I take your 200k. I pay out 20k for 3 years. Then  I fuck off with the leftovers.

6 minutes ago, 201p said:

Get some independent advice. And ask questions. 

The poster highlights the threats, but you have to to think who is looking after your money. How long has this been in business for?  Who owns this business? Are there any testimonials? Are you insured for loss? Etc.

_103828287_mediaitem103828286.jpg

The thing is, if you can trust your kids, its easy.

Sell up.

Say you spent money on holidays, going out, coke n whores.

Buy gold - or other precious metal in ingots. Give gold to kids to sell.

Kids make sure you make rent and have spending money.

I could manage it. My frckless susters woukd blow cash.

36 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It's what the internationalist 1%ers do, but they are more sophisticated about it.

No. They pay for good dolid tax advice.

And have enough liquid, nin housing wealth to make it work.

And, in blairs case, shameless cunt.

26 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

A scam born out of a perceived unfairness. Spend a lifetime building up savings and buy your own home and then be shafted by the government for care costs in comparison to the feckless and squanderers. It is no wonder that there is desperation to protect assets when both parents and their off spring see they have no chance to keep inheritances and see what others get away with. This is just another symptom of those on benefits being better off than those who work and pay their way.

You know, if only they lobbied/voted to get a contribution based welfare system in place....

15 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Be interesting to know if you can get round it by having a LTD co own your house and then rent it to you.

Nope 

Notional capital covers every wheeze / cunning plan 

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

You know, if only they lobbied/voted to get a contribution based welfare system in place....

My first reaction was that will never happen because the left are too powerful. However my second reaction was that it is actually the super giants in Pen's parade who actually prevent the equitable and real merit related distribution of wealth and income.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

The thing is, if you can trust your kids, its easy.

Sell up.

Say you spent money on holidays, going out, coke n whores.

Buy gold - or other precious metal in ingots. Give gold to kids to sell.

Kids make sure you make rent and have spending money.

I could manage it. My frckless susters woukd blow cash.

No. They pay for good dolid tax advice.

And have enough liquid, nin housing wealth to make it work.

And, in blairs case, shameless cunt.

We must have the same sisters! My mum generously gave us £100k each towards our housing needs with only a verbal agreement to give her some beans in return and only one of us kept their word for two and a half years, religiously and without fail dropping a wad of notes on her kitchen table once a month. One sister flatly refused to acknowledge a reciprocal arrangement had been made and the other would make irregular drops and ask for more in return by inviting her on family holidays but insisting she paid half the cost. When I tried to make them honour our blood contract they turned on me quite viciously and tried to ostracise me from my own mother. The best they could offer was to save in an account in their own names should my mother need it one day and we know that ain't going to happen. 

They were pushing for fancy IHT schemes or buying overpriced houses in their names and balked at my suggestion we just pay the £100k or so that might be due in time. My other sister is a two faced civil servant social justice warrior whose happy to spend other people's money on her non-job but not her own. Typical.

To be fair these are not so bright people who’ve been conned out of pretty much every penny they own.

I don’t really take any joy from that,  it’s pretty sad for anyone who’s grafted their whole life and wants to leave something for their kids.

There is a certain irony that they won’t have to pay for their care costs any more though..  just as they wanted.

losers:  pensioners and tax payers

winners:  scammers 

1 minute ago, Malthus said:

Nope 

Notional capital covers every wheeze / cunning plan 

Except passing wealth to your kids long before anyone would ever assume you thought about it..  15-20 years should probably be arguable.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Except passing wealth to your kids long before anyone would ever assume you thought about it..  15-20 years should probably be arguable.

Yip , however over that time scale what’s the odds on one of the off spring mortgaging the house and defaulting or getting divorced ? 

Either of which can wreck the cunning plan and leaving the parents with no house 

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Being self employed with kids you can trust is a good system.

And if you don't trust them, make sure they don't really understand the gig.

8 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

We must have the same sisters! My mum generously gave us £100k each towards our housing needs with only a verbal agreement to give her some beans in return and only one of us kept their word for two and a half years, religiously and without fail dropping a wad of notes on her kitchen table once a month. One sister flatly refused to acknowledge a reciprocal arrangement had been made and the other would make irregular drops and ask for more in return by inviting her on family holidays but insisting she paid half the cost. When I tried to make them honour our blood contract they turned on me quite viciously and tried to ostracise me from my own mother. The best they could offer was to save in an account in their own names should my mother need it one day and we know that ain't going to happen. 

They were pushing for fancy IHT schemes or buying overpriced houses in their names and balked at my suggestion we just pay the £100k or so that might be due in time. My other sister is a two faced civil servant social justice warrior whose happy to spend other people's money on her non-job but not her own. Typical.

Theres some sort of fucked up mindset with women.

Me n brothers are expected to work - not that my parents managed to hold a ft down more than 2 years.

Sisters? Ones just got her first formal, proper job at 46. And its only 20h - thats enough, according to mum, whos just loaned sister food money.