DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Universal credit rollout delayed yet again

invalid

Ministers have bowed to pressure and are planning to further delay the rollout of flagship welfare reform Universal Credit.

The universal credit system was originally supposed to be up and running by April 2017, but is now not expected to be fully operational until December 2023.

Anger built further last week when Ms McVey said that "some people will be worse off" under the new system, amid claims 3.2 million households will lose more than £2,000 year.

The Times newspaper suggested she had told a cabinet meeting some families could lose up to £200 a month.

I don't really understand how UC works, but get the impression its yet another expensive cockup that will ultimately not save anything.

What's everyones thoughts on this? Will it reduce the welfare bill? Will it impact on the economy?

WIll there be a boost to the GDP figures from the increase in sex workers?

On Monday, independent MP Frank Field said the rollout of the system in his constituency of Birkenhead had driven some female claimants to sex work.

So, they are essentially postponing it because some people will be worse off. 

Live not had a pay rise for nine years. I guess I’m not deserving enough. 

Lim going to withdraw my labour just that little bit more. 

Idiots. Useless idiots. 

Chewing Grass

Give me more money or I'll be driven to sex work.

The country is slowly becoming EE-ified.

All part of the lowest European denominator as part of the global masterplan.

Just waiting for our first Czech style glory hole emporium to open.

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

They could sort this immediately by making it all contributions based. They clearly don’t wish to 

Tories are petrified of Poll tax style fallout, they need a big enough excuse to bring in something like that.  The fact the welfare state will demand ever more money until it ultimately collapses is lost on a lot of people.

3 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Tories are petrified of Poll tax style fallout, they need a big enough excuse to bring in something like that.  The fact the welfare state will demand ever more money until it ultimately collapses is lost on a lot of people.

They can blame Brexit. They blame everything else on it.

xD

Chewing Grass
28 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

A what?

Turn safe search off in the duck duck and click images and all will be revealed - literally.

Bricks & Mortar
3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Turn safe search off in the duck duck and click images and all will be revealed - literally.

You wouldn't want to do this at work.  Or in the presence of anyone who might object to images of a durrtty nature.

7 hours ago, Majorpain said:

It's the classic problem of democracy - once the free shit army turns up and realises they have a vote, it is game over in the fullness of time.

12 hours ago, Majorpain said:

It's surreal in many ways.There are many who would be better off on benefits.

IIrc many are bitching about benefits being capped at£25k.That's £30 odd k before tax.Leicester doesn't have many of those jobs

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

It's the classic problem of democracy - once the free shit army turns up and realises they have a vote, it is game over in the fullness of time.

Beautifully put.

• 2 months later...
PatronizingGit

I get the feeling there will be some kind of (typical of the post 2010 'tory' party) U-turn on Universal Credit. 

Almost everyday for the past few weeks the Sun has carried at least one Universal Credit sob story. Typically when the tories want to do a U-turn, they seem to put lots of articles in the Tory friendly press (Daily Bile, Sun etc) to prep us for it.

Todays edition...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8027985/christmas-universal-credit-heating-bills/

Just now, PatronizingGit said:

I get the feeling there will be some kind of (typical of the post 2010 'tory' party) U-turn on Universal Credit. 

Almost everyday for the past few weeks the Sun has carried at least one Universal Credit sob story. Typically when the tories want to do a U-turn, they seem to put lots of articles in the Tory friendly press (Daily Bile, Sun etc) to prep us for it.

Todays edition...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8027985/christmas-universal-credit-heating-bills/

Don’t care. 

No workie, no payee.  Simples. 

Again, bringing out pro bennies seekers:

https://www.ft.com/content/b9eb4b08-0535-11e9-9d01-cd4d49afbbe3

Thuto Mali, one of the single parents who gave evidence to the committee, said she was forced to turn down a £32,000-a-year job because paying the monthly £1,500 childcare fees up front, as well as finding a £500 deposit, would have been impossible.

The immediate answer is leave London.

An easy googlable name too.

Now, its hard to find out if 'south african born Thuto' as shes desribed is british or a SA.

But shes very present on the interweb.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/single-mums-reveal-true-horror-13472913

One mum said she was forced to turn down her dream job because it would have left her with just £2 a day for food, bills, nappies and petrol.

Thuto Mali, mum to a two-year-old boy, confessed: "We were at the food bank last Christmas because it got that bad.

thast called haivcng kids and having to pay loads for other peoples to have kids too.

Thuto Mali revealed her little boy was even suspended from nursery.

“I was paying, I think, half or three quarters of it and his dad was supposed to pay the other - it didn’t quite happen," she said.

"So I got whacked with an £800 bill."

She said she was forced to turn down a job with a £32,000 salary because after paying £1,800 a month for a full-time nursery spot for her son she would be left with £60 a month to cover bills.

"That's effectively £2 a day," she said.

"Work didn't pay for us."

Work doesnt pay for a lot of people. But they have to choice, having to support their families and yours.

From the mirror comments, where her social  profile has had some dramatic pruning since:

I’m struggling to get my head around the case of Thuto Mali.

On one hand we’re told she’s a full time mum to her 2 year old via the media interviews she’s given. She claims she’s struggling financially.

So she’s been on benefits since the child was born and had to go to a food bank as things were so bad. 

Her Instagram is interesting. So how does someone on benefits and saying they can’t Alfred things afford to pick up a brand new BMW after trading in her Mini convertible while claiming? Last July and claims a couple months later she was needing a food bank. And she boasts she has over 20k worth of designer shoes! I trust these were all sold to pay for food and nursery fees? But a new BMW while on benefits? Amazing really. The dad is around in some capacity and one parent bought the child a Range Rover toy car you, not cheap. Dad is driving a high end car, Thuto is seen out shopping, drinking, eating salmon, selfies with David Haye at events but no money for the kids food or fees!? Didn’t release it was an option that you could choose to turn down work while on benefits ?

24 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Todays edition...

The 44-year-old, who lives in Kelty, Scotland, doesn’t have enough to cover her bills let alone buy presents for her sons Bradley, 10, and Sean, 18.

Maybe her adult son could break with family tradition and get a job?

Fuck me shes wasted away

NINTCHDBPICT000456382023.jpg?w=960

Wanda is unable to work as she’s a full-time carer for her youngest son Bradley, who suffers from learning disabilities, severe anxiety and ADHD.

While he does go to school, he's often unable to attend due to his anxiety and needs frequent trips to the hospital for appointments.

"Bradley needs constant prompts for day to day things like getting dressed and washed," says Wanda.

"His problems are very complicated and he's very vulnerable. He struggles to build new relationships with friends at school.

Maybe someone could prompt his mum to get a fucking job?

Wanda has no extended family to rely on to help her plug the cash gap.

Her younger brother died in 2004 of a heroine overdose and she lost her older brother four years later in car crash.

While her mum, who lives in 50 miles away in St Andrews, hasn't got any spare cash either.

Just a typical family, likes mine and yours ...

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She said she was forced to turn down a job with a £32,000 salary because after paying £1,800 a month for a full-time nursery spot for her son she would be left with £60 a month to cover bills.

"That's effectively £2 a day," she said.

"Work didn't pay for us."

Work doesnt pay for a lot of people. But they have to choice, having to support their families and yours.

From the mirror comments, where her social  profile has had some dramatic pruning since:

I’m struggling to get my head around the case of Thuto Mali.

On one hand we’re told she’s a full time mum to her 2 year old via the media interviews she’s given. She claims she’s struggling financially.

So she’s been on benefits since the child was born and had to go to a food bank as things were so bad. 

Her Instagram is interesting. So how does someone on benefits and saying they can’t Alfred things afford to pick up a brand new BMW after trading in her Mini convertible while claiming? Last July and claims a couple months later she was needing a food bank. And she boasts she has over 20k worth of designer shoes! I trust these were all sold to pay for food and nursery fees? But a new BMW while on benefits? Amazing really. The dad is around in some capacity and one parent bought the child a Range Rover toy car you, not cheap. Dad is driving a high end car, Thuto is seen out shopping, drinking, eating salmon, selfies with David Haye at events but no money for the kids food or fees!? Didn’t release it was an option that you could choose to turn down work while on benefits ?

If this is true it makes me incredibly angry. I once had a conversation with some people at my work who seemed to think it was their RIGHT to be given cheap housing (housing benefit) in order for them to have kids. They paid 380 a month for a 3 bedroom house with a garden. I split 1400 rent plus council tax to live in a flat, with a friend in order to afford it. They had a "human right" to be able to have housing in order to let them have a family. They did not respond well when I told them they also had a "human responsibility" to PAY FOR THOSE CHILDREN THEMSELVES, and the human right to having a family did not extend to forcing others to pay for your children/housing. I'm still fucking renting because I housing is too much. Absolute bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Durabo said:

If this is true it makes me incredibly angry. I once had a conversation with some people at my work who seemed to think it was their RIGHT to be given cheap housing (housing benefit) in order for them to have kids. They paid 380 a month for a 3 bedroom house with a garden. I split 1400 rent plus council tax to live in a flat, with a friend in order to afford it. They had a "human right" to be able to have housing in order to let them have a family. They did not respond well when I told them they also had a "human responsibility" to PAY FOR THOSE CHILDREN THEMSELVES, and the human right to having a family did not extend to forcing others to pay for your children/housing. I'm still fucking renting because I housing is too much. Absolute bullshit.

The most equitable solution I can come up to benefits connected to kids is a pro bono system.

If you need benefits when you have kids -and Id not like to ruin kids chances just down to their parents being dicks - then the fairest for all parties - kids, taxpayers parents is a loan setup - parents given 10 years benefits to bring up kids to 11ish, to allow them to become latchkey kids.

However the return is that the parent is then denied benefits or state retirement is denied for, say 5 years. So if state retires for someone is 67, it would be 72 if theyve been on benefits for 10 years.

Id also cap housng benefit. It really fucks up up poorer people in places in the South. And stops places in boro being affordable.

Social housing - im undecided on. I know a few single mums whove had kids and made a fuss about social housing being available to them. Now their kids have grown up the social bit is now refered to as 'my' house. Its not.

Social housing needs should be review every ~2 years and people kicked out when they no longer wualify for it (grown up kids) or too many bedrooms (OAPs).

42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Her Instagram is interesting. So how does someone on benefits and saying they can’t Alfred things afford to pick up a brand new BMW after trading in her Mini convertible while claiming? Last July and claims a couple months later she was needing a food bank. And she boasts she has over 20k worth of designer shoes! I trust these were all sold to pay for food and nursery fees? But a new BMW while on benefits? Amazing really. The dad is around in some capacity and one parent bought the child a Range Rover toy car you, not cheap. Dad is driving a high end car, Thuto is seen out shopping, drinking, eating salmon, selfies 

Top bit of research there. This woman should be driving around in a 15 year old shit box like mine, not a new BMW. However, if she's so useless with money then she probably struggles with driving a car competently as well. 

Typical narc woman, spending money on things that will attract comments from others but ignoring necessities,  such as utilities. They need to be taken to task on this and a dose of common sense delivered to them. 

38 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The most equitable solution I can come up to benefits connected to kids is a pro bono system.

If you need benefits when you have kids -and Id not like to ruin kids chances just down to their parents being dicks - then the fairest for all parties - kids, taxpayers parents is a loan setup - parents given 10 years benefits to bring up kids to 11ish, to allow them to become latchkey kids.

However the return is that the parent is then denied benefits or state retirement is denied for, say 5 years. So if state retires for someone is 67, it would be 72 if theyve been on benefits for 10 years.

Id also cap housng benefit. It really fucks up up poorer people in places in the South. And stops places in boro being affordable.

Social housing - im undecided on. I know a few single mums whove had kids and made a fuss about social housing being available to them. Now their kids have grown up the social bit is now refered to as 'my' house. Its not.

Social housing needs should be review every ~2 years and people kicked out when they no longer wualify for it (grown up kids) or too many bedrooms (OAPs).

Not knocking the idea - I think it's a good one. But what would happen to the loan/s in the event of bankruptcy or worse, and IVA? Or would you make them non-dischargeable, sort of like student loans?

12 minutes ago, azzuri82 said:

Not knocking the idea - I think it's a good one. But what would happen to the loan/s in the event of bankruptcy or worse, and IVA? Or would you make them non-dischargeable, sort of like student loans?

Like student loans, its not a loan.

10 years benefit to bring up your kids in exchange of 5 years shoved onto your state retirement age.

If Brwn had not fucked up tax credits wed not be here.

6 hours ago, Durabo said:

Top rant. Agree 100%

7 hours ago, Durabo said:

and they are ironicly building up a deposit every year they rent it ie right to buy

• 2 weeks later...

Universal credit: Vote to extend benefit to three million delayed

MPs were due to vote on whether to move three million benefit claimants onto universal credit in the next few weeks.

But this vote has been pushed back and Parliament will instead be asked to vote on transferring just 10,000 people to the new benefits system.

It really is a non starter..hats off to Durhamborn..right all along

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46772901

Idiot gidiot.

Should have tweak tax crefits - hours up 10h, money down 200m.

Then just blame Brown for getting hours wrong.

See tax credit sad face.

Pols are morons.

Archived