• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Dosbods secret Santa

Dosbods secret Santa  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should the spend be?

• Unlimited

Ok,

to get us in the festive mood, we are having a secret Santa.  What to do:

1. vote on what the virtual spend should be (if it worked)
  2. if you want to take part, post yes into the thread
  3.  At a set date, I will draw names out of a hat and pm you who you are ‘buying ‘ for. Keep secret 
  4. then think of the ideal present for your secret Santa person
  5. the week before Christmas, we will reveal who we are buying for and what the present is

happy virtual shopping

yey, that worked.  @spunko can we pin this?  

Edited by One percent

Yes, But I think the buyer should remain secret too. (or did I misunderstand step 5?)

Also as this is presumably for amusement at other forum member's expense (being realistic here!) I don't see why only volunteers should have presents "bought" for them. As a small example in one of the more obvious cases, if Carl doesn't play no-one will have the opportunity to get him a kippah.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

YES, but...

£25 seems a bit much, how will it work too? 

We could pick something for our recipient and then just buy the thing which we receive ourselves?

Sorry, I'm probably being a mong not understanding it.

3 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

Very secret Santa

Remember we can swear :

Fucking secret Santa.

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

YES, but...

£25 seems a bit much, how will it work too? 

We could pick something for our recipient and then just buy the thing which we receive ourselves?

Sorry, I'm probably being a mong not understanding it.

I assumed we are virtually buying a suitable gift to the value of 25 and sticking a picture on here or summat

10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes, But I think the buyer should remain secret too. (or did I misunderstand step 5?)

Also as this is presumably for amusement at other forum member's expense (being realistic here!) I don't see why only volunteers should have presents "bought" for them. As a small example in one of the more obvious cases, if Carl doesn't play no-one will have the opportunity to get him a kippah.

Yeah, my immediate though was "Please let me get This Time in the draw so I can get her Kevin MacDonald's trilogy"!

:D

6 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

I assumed we are virtually buying a suitable gift to the value of 25 and sticking a picture on here or summat

Ah, hence the word "virtual" being used. 

Yip, I was being a mong.

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I voted for unlimited spend after suki explained it was a virtual purchase, as that opens it up to all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

Pretty sure there's a lot of weird & wonderful things available for under 25 B|

9 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

Pretty sure there's a lot of weird & wonderful things available for under 25 B|

True.

6 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think we should follow the Royal Family tradition and keep the spend low - makes it more challenging.

Ok, maybe not unlimited then, only other option is £25 though. Mind you, £10k is probably keeping the spend low for the royals.

Edited by Carl Fimble
not, not nit

14 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That's not always the case.

I guess the roulette wheel of "will this butt plug ever come out" is part and parcel of the fun. 

If we discuss this anymore, it's pretty much guaranteeing me a butt plug from my secret santa. 

So, to confirm, it isn’t a real present so a picture will suffice, as long as it isn’t a butt plug. 

Looks like we are heading for the cheapskate option on money spent. 

Add your forum name if you wish to be included. I’m hoping that this is more successful than the wine club. :)

5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Not meant to be a piss take. You need to show your creative side.