• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DoINeedOne

Waitrose Rename a Sandwich Because It's Sexist

Social Justice starter pack instructions.

1. Internet engine search any gender named product.

2. Complain through social media, calling out multibillion £ businesses as -"phobic" or -"ist"

3. Business has to back down, as it cannot win the moral argument in this post modern age of "Progressiveness".

3. You win, you have won . Go back to step 1.

Just now, dgul said:

Sandwiches are inherently sexist because they're named after a man, the Earl of Sandwich.

I propose we change our ways and name them after his wife.

Name them after our Muslim friends - the female ones.

That's a wrap.

48 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Waitrose is to change the name of its Gentleman’s Smoked Chicken Caesar Roll because feminist campaigners said it was sexist.

giphy.gif

When are companies going to start either ignoring morons, or telling them to piss off? 

Rule number one with dealing with these twats is to never give them an inch and never apologise. 

Stuff like this just provides them with validation.

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

When are companies going to start either ignoring morons, or telling them to piss off? 

Rule number one with dealing with these twats is to never give them an inch and never apologise. 

Stuff like this just provides them with validation. 

You sound like a MAN, and there are few left.

(wo)manwich.

Waitrose is to change the name of its Gentleman’s Smoked Chicken Caesar Roll because feminist campaigners said it was sexist.

Its being renamed to 'Gentlemans Large Cock Ceasar Roll' . Ladies vesions are available (Hen sandwich).

Edited by leonardratso

27 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Non Feminist Campaigners say it isn't sexist. 

There. 

Now change it back, please. 

What bugs me is that if this was genuinely offensive women wouldn’t buy it and it would get renamed because sales would drop.  Or they would release a female targeted sandwich to recoup lost sales and appeal to both sides.   I think it’s quite sad that things can no longer be marketed to specific genders without incurring the wrath of perpetually offended knuckle staggers.

Edited by Libspero

I guess hootsuite lights up at head office  when 1000 nutjobs tweet so they rush to react. I've been noticing Waitrose for a while have been following a losing trend. Must be a liberal SJW paradise in the marketing department. It really is quite amazing that such few people can dictate how massive businesses operate.

3 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I guess hootsuite lights up at head office  when 1000 nutjobs tweet so they rush to react. I've been noticing Waitrose for a while have been following a losing trend. Must be a liberal SJW paradise in the marketing department. It really is quite amazing that such few people can dictate how massive businesses operate.

Businesses seem to be terrified of negative PR these days. My guess is this is partly to do with them having marketing departments stuffed with perpetually offended, middle class girls straight out of 'uni' who think that a business should be run in the same way as an NGO or charity. 

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

In other news, Gentleman's Relish has been renamed after campaigners said it was sexist and classist. It is now called Salty Man Paste.

Spunk doesn't taste that nice, but it is not poisonous.

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Businesses seem to be terrified of negative PR these days. My guess is this is partly to do with them having marketing departments stuffed with perpetually offended, middle class girls straight out of 'uni' who think that a business should be run in the same way as an NGO or charity. 

I've been thinking if companies start standing up to these bozos it would be stellar exposure for them. If you want to get instant traction, offend the sjw's and tell them to do one. Instant free worldwide advertising and likely support from patrons.

1 minute ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I've been thinking if companies start standing up to these bozos it would be stellar exposure for them. If you want to get instant traction, offend the sjw's and tell them to do one. Instant free worldwide advertising and likely support from patrons.

Basically if you sell shit that don't work, there's no future orders.

2 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Yes, and I for one would be heading along to Waitrose to buy one of their "sexist" sandwiches.