• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Murder up, detection down

Not sure if this has been posted today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45905954

Recorded crime has gone up by 9% in England and Wales, fuelled by rises in violent offences and robbery, official figures show. 

The Home Office data published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show police forces in England and Wales registered a total of 5.6 million offences in the year to June, compared with 5.2 million offences in the previous 12 months

What else did the figures reveal?

The number of homicides - covering murder, manslaughter and infanticide - in England and Wales has hit the highest point for more than 10 years. It is the fourth year in a row that there has been a rise.

i wonder why?  Answers on a postcard please. 

They can't blame the increase on people speaking into an ipad outside a court and supposedly committing contempt although I'm sure they would very much like to.

Edited by twocents

7 hours ago, Wahoo said:

London's gone very stabby.....the reason why is completely beyond me !!!

Brexit.

9 hours ago, One percent said:

Not sure if this has been posted today. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45905954

Recorded crime has gone up by 9% in England and Wales, fuelled by rises in violent offences and robbery, official figures show. 

The Home Office data published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show police forces in England and Wales registered a total of 5.6 million offences in the year to June, compared with 5.2 million offences in the previous 12 months

What else did the figures reveal?

The number of homicides - covering murder, manslaughter and infanticide - in England and Wales has hit the highest point for more than 10 years. It is the fourth year in a row that there has been a rise.

i wonder why?  Answers on a postcard please. 

I the coppers/UKGOV ever pull their finger out and try and reconcile the number of Bradford Mipuri girls that have gone missing over the last 40 odd years ....

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Brexit.

I the coppers/UKGOV ever pull their finger out and try and reconcile the number of Bradford Mipuri girls that have gone missing over the last 40 odd years ....

Perhaps it goes like this? Family bury errant daughter somewhere.  Similar looking cousin flies to Pakistan on errant daughter's passport and returns on her own passport. School asks where she is(if they even bother). "Oh she went back to Pakistan". Job done.