• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

I can't find the good advice thread

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

From my uncles time in the shit tubes the smells to fear are the ones you can smell - hydrogen sulphide.

I can smell it. It's why it's known as "bad egg gas". Mind you I have a big nose.:(

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes ,then you can say what the feck like you about them as you`re a mile away and they have no shoes 

That's very Zen. Is there a shoe shortage?

Never trust people whose ears join right onto their neck at the bottom, with no earlobes. That rule has always served me well, apart from the exception I made for my ex-wife.

2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Women get married expecting the man to change, but they don't. Men get married expecting the woman not to change, but they do.

They do and they think you might turn ito something "better" and not be as you are.

5 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Women get married expecting the man to change, but they don't. Men get married expecting the woman not to change, but they do.

I know one marriage, after ten years co-habitation, where they both thought they'd just won a lottery ticket of financial support for life.

She thought he would keep working so she could stay at home and raise a family.

He thought she would keep working so he could doss about and play computer games.

He walked out of his job first without mentioning it beforehand.

It lasted less than a year.