• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

Vrooooom, vrooooooooom

2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Long since tired of watching F1 but have this evenings on for some reason.

Highlight by a country mile was about 10 mins ago when you could hear someone making vrooom noises whenever a car passed. Superb. 

Some men never grow up. Don't show them tits.

I believe it's going behind a paywall from next year that will completely kill off interest in the UK. One of my earliest TV memories is watching the James Hunt/Nikki Lauda battle with my dad - that was racing.

Edited by Dipsy

Just now, Dipsy said:

I believe it's going behind a paywall from next month, that will completely kill off interest in the UK. One of my earliest TV memories is watching the James Hunt/Nikki Lauda battle with my dad - that was racing.

Snore fest for about 15 years for me. Odd great race since. Button in the tain in Canada springs to mind. 

4 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I believe it's going behind a paywall from next year that will completely kill off interest in the UK. One of my earliest TV memories is watching the James Hunt/Nikki Lauda battle with my dad - that was racing.

Properly dangerous too back then, people regularly got mangled. Not sure that's a good thing but it certainly added a certain frisson to the proceedings.

Just now, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Snore fest for about 15 years for me. Odd great race since. Button in the tain in Canada springs to mind. 

Yes, you can tell who can really drive when it rains. 

5 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Did your dad win?O.o

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

Properly dangerous too back then, people regularly got mangled. Not sure that's a good thing but it certainly added a certain frisson to the proceedings.

Sad to say, but it was always the pile ups that i longed for. Not deaths or serious injuries i might add, but since Senna (and Roland) passing, its steadily got dull as hell. 

6 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I heard it was being gifted to c4. Free. Othwrwise youre right. Its dead in uk.

Just now, TheBlueCat said:

It certainly was. I was at the Stowe corner when M Schumacher went off. Being a Silverstone crowd no one particularly liked him but we all sighed in relief when his arm went up to indicate he was ok. I don't think anyone wants to see death and destruction but some bloody overtaking would be nice once in a while. Mr Dipsy and I have gone back to watching BTCC.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Did your dad win?O.o

Ok, there was a comma missing there!

9 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Long since tired of watching F1 but have this evenings on for some reason.

Highlight by a country mile was about 10 mins ago when you could hear someone making vrooom noises whenever a car passed. Superb. 

I wondered if anyone else had picked that up, made me laugh! I did point out on Facebook last night that the qualifying highlights had been on an hour and we hadn't actually seen a car. It's pure panto to take your eye of the fact that it's as boring as fuck as soon as the lights go out nowadays, even the new CEO couldn't remember how many times the bloke in the fastest car had won in the pre-race interview, he doesn't give a shit, it's just a money roundabout.

1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

It certainly was. I was at the Stowe corner when M Schumacher went off. Being a Silverstone crowd no one particularly liked him but we all sighed in relief when his arm went up to indicate he was ok. I don't think anyone wants to see death and destruction but some bloody overtaking would be nice once in a while. Mr Dipsy and I have gone back to watching BTCC.

Ok, there was a comma missing there!

I'm not a pedant you know. OK I am.O.o

3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I heard it was being gifted to c4. Free. Othwrwise youre right. Its dead in uk.

C4 has highlights and live broadcast of British GP, everything else is Sky.

Literally every single other form of motor racing, from Nascar to Moto GP; from touring cars to stock car racing, is more interesting than formula one. It is without exception the dullest way people can race one another in motor vehicles.

I watched an incredibly tedious programme last night on Channel 4 where Coutharld, Mark Webber, the Red Bull guy who married that pop singer and the US head of F1 were discussing the future of the sport.

I am not entirely sure what was discussed as it was just so dull. F1 died about 15 years ago but no one has told F1 yet.

I watch mountain bike races on youtube for excitement. I admit that I was considering watching the F1 today but it is halfway through and I have had a lot of fun watching some vids on youtube.

32 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Literally every single other form of motor racing, from Nascar to Moto GP; from touring cars to stock car racing, is more interesting than formula one. It is without exception the dullest way people can race one another in motor vehicles.