• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Colonel Blimp announces massive increase in armed services

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6299067/COLONEL-TIM-COLLINS-chubby-drug-addled-right-Army-protect-enemies.html

Not too long ago, the British military was regarded, with some justification, as one of the most effective, battle-ready and fittest fighting forces in the world.

Today it is threadbare, ill-equipped and undermanned. It can’t recruit soldiers, sailors or airmen. And those who do manage to find their way through the painfully slow recruitment process are often in terrible physical shape.

As The Mail on Sunday reported last week, all three Services face a crisis of fitness and obesity. 

An extraordinary 17,602 members of the Army, Navy and Air Force have a body mass index of more than 30, the official measure for obesity. In the Army’s case, it is more than 11 per cent of its personnel.

7BB2C64B-59AD-4E72-9418-D2FED274747C.jpeg

To be honest, despite the claims the average uk squaddy has always been a fat lazy sod.

Where theres a camp, theres a KFC.

UK needs to decide what sort of war its likely to fight. Most of the kit is useless.

Cant sail ships near sn enemy as yheyll be took out by a missile.

Can only fly planes when thd fighting is over.

Cant fly helicopters anywhere dusty.

Cant use tanks as itll take weeks to get them anywhere close to the fighting.

Ditch the navy, raf and artillary and replace with a missile squadron.

Forget the vanity of holding ground. Weve never held ground. Just turn up nearby and bomb the place to bits.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

People are certainly bigger today, and you can't get as many into a helicpter.

Its not getting them in, its getting them out quickly.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

To be honest, despite the claims the average uk squaddy has always been a fat lazy sod.

UK needs to decide what sort of war its likely to fight. Most of the kit is useless.

Forget the vanity of holding ground. Weve never held ground. Just turn up nearby and bomb the place to bits.

Guess the only option then is to nuke them from space. 

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Yes, I always wanted a window seat. Not that I think it would have helped much if we were upside-down underwater.

I don't bite this.

Our forces are lean and working under financial pressure.

I'd prefer a proud,, active enlarged armed force, than hoards of lazy fuckers living off the few tax payers left....but I'm an old romantic and the World has gone awol.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6299067/COLONEL-TIM-COLLINS-chubby-drug-addled-right-Army-protect-enemies.html

Not too long ago, the British military was regarded, with some justification, as one of the most effective, battle-ready and fittest fighting forces in the world.

Today it is threadbare, ill-equipped and undermanned. It can’t recruit soldiers, sailors or airmen. And those who do manage to find their way through the painfully slow recruitment process are often in terrible physical shape.

What's the betting with an intentionally  run down military, when the establishment find an acceptable excuse to start another major war, the only possible solution is full eu military unification to save us from scud missiles, novichock or suchlike?

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/franco-british-council-says-bye-bye-british-armed-forces-allo-eu-military-unification

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

I can promise you fitness tests still exist at the recruitment stage.

Sure, I know this, though how demanding they are depends on the role, which is fair enough. I went on weekend exercise with the SAS many long years ago, I was young and very fit then, but I wasn't fit or tough enough for them, not by a long chalk.

With some obvious necessary allowances for age and role, I don't believe anyone in the services should be permitted to fall below minimum fitness standards. 

1st Battalion Kings Own Cannibals

The tactic is to engage the enemy at close quarters and then eat them

You certainly would not want to be stuck in a dug out with the squaddy pictured if he got peckish.

Edited by Virgil Caine

12 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

What's the betting with an intentionally  run down military, when the establishment find an acceptable excuse to start another major war, the only possible solution is full eu military unification to save us from scud missiles, novichock or suchlike?

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/franco-british-council-says-bye-bye-british-armed-forces-allo-eu-military-unification

It's my belief that the British forces are being deliberately run down because they have, at some point along the way, refused to go along with the cultural marxist project,  making them one of the few remaining important British institutions not to have done so. Thus they have been starved of cash in the hope that they can be eventually be forced to comply. There are some signs of this already happening, with that Muslim recruitment ad and the recent visit by senior officers to mosques, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

It's my belief that the British forces are being deliberately run down because they have, at some point along the way, refused to go along with the cultural marxist project,  making them one of the few remaining important British institutions not to have done so. Thus they have been starved of cash in the hope that they can be eventually be forced to comply. There are some signs of this already happening, with that Muslim recruitment ad and the recent visit by senior officers to mosques, etc. 

There are hints pointing either way floating around the web. I'm sure I read somewhere the suggestion that the top brass had made it known that they are prepared to stage a coup if corbyn gets anywhere near power. However, the recording of the major bollocking new recruits for having their photo taken with 'extreme far right literally hitler' Tommy Robinson and instructing them to culturally sanitize their facebook accounts suggests they may have already fallen. There was the clear impression around the TR thing that morale is very low in the military.

I am in two minds about the military. On the one hand they represent literally hired killers, the state monopoly on the use of force. 

On the other at least they have an honour code and believe in something. Also they seem to be fine people individually. I used to take my daughter to their Sandhurst academy for horse riding lessons and therefore spent an hour or two per week mooching about. It felt very strange to be the only non uniformed person in their Londis (on-site shop) but they were universally pleasant and super polite. And not tubby as I recall although a few years ago now. 

48 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Well i see the paras training in Brecon  there are no fat feckes amongst them that`s for sure 

The old Fan height marker sign thing just went at auction for £2,100.  Target was £600. 

Bet a lot of folks would have wanted that, me included.  A bit annoyed tbh.  Hope it went to a good home. 

Attended a para memorial at the top once.  Very fitting.  Respect.

That photo above, hope/wish it was a fake.

Edited by Harley

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I am in two minds about the military. On the one hand they represent literally hired killers, the state monopoly on the use of force. 

On the other at least they have an honour code and believe in something. Also they seem to be fine people individually. I used to take my daughter to their Sandhurst academy for horse riding lessons and therefore spent an hour or two per week mooching about. It felt very strange to be the only non uniformed person in their Londis (on-site shop) but they were universally pleasant and super polite. And not tubby as I recall although a few years ago now. 

I see the armed forces as one of the important checks and balances in our democracy. Although they are ordered by the government, ultimately their loyalty is (or should be) to the sovereign, meaning that in the event of a lunatic extremist government (of either political leaning) taking power, a coup could be effected by an opposition party aligning itself with the Crown. This is why, IMO, the left is often very anti-military because they have seen this happen in countries like Greece when the lefties try to take over.