• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

A bed every night..

https://bedeverynight.co.uk/

“Our goal is to provide a place for every person sleeping rough every night right through the coming winter, from 1 November to 31 March.," he will say in a blog post due to be published tomorrow.

So put your hands in your pockets for every homeless person in the world can now come to Manchester and get a bed for the winter.

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://bedeverynight.co.uk/

“Our goal is to provide a place for every person sleeping rough every night right through the coming winter, from 1 November to 31 March.," he will say in a blog post due to be published tomorrow.

So put your hands in your pockets for every homeless person in the world can now come to Manchester and get a bed for the winter.

Youll also find out why they were kicked out of social/hostel housing.

I think it's a good cause but I would always require a local connection.

So many of the street homeless in Cornwall have decamped here from the north, midlands, or London because of the milder climate and reasonably good provision for the homeless so that every time you get one off the streets another one pitches up on the train.

As with the NHS if you provide a free service without any restrictions upon access then you will find that you are trying to meet an inexhaustible demand.

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The MEN article says:
“It is important to say that the scheme is only available to people whose last address was in Greater Manchester. We simply do not have the resources to open it up to people from further afield and we can’t create an incentive for more people to come here than we can accommodate.

But that bit is lost really.

A friend who works in the police says the city is overwhelmed already with the numbers coming from elsewhere because of his offer of a bed for the winter.

Anyone watched the video on the page?

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

So many of the street homeless in Cornwall have decamped here from the north, midlands, or London because of the milder climate and reasonably good provision for the homeless tourists to beg off so that every time you get one off the streets another one pitches up on the train.

As with the NHS if you provide a free service without any restrictions upon access then you will find that you are trying to meet an inexhaustible demand.