• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Duffed up by the police.

Recommended Posts

 

Now then this one has me sitting in my favourite spot, right on the fence.

On the one hand she is clearly a deluded SJW of the type that has infested the education system and media in the US and the UK in particular. This fool lectures the young every day. Note The boy the police wanted to search at the time she interfered had a knife.

On the other hand, it looks as if she received rougher treatment from the police than was merited in the circumstances.  

I realise some would say she got off lightly for being an interfering lefty twat, but I'd prefer to maintain civilisation and protect the police and the public at the same time. 

I guess she would deny any connection in the rise in knife/gun crime and the preventing the police from targeting their searches as they wish.

Oh yeah, and as this is Dosbods, I'll add that despite her stupidity, if she's reasonably slim under those clothes, I still would. Softskinned redheads, mmm

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-45439954

A woman subjected to a "degrading" strip search by police in London is challenging a decision not to punish the officer who authorised it.

Koshka Duff was arrested after offering a legal advice card to a black teenager during his stop-and-search.

What happened left her with multiple injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the academic says.

The custody sergeant was cleared of misconduct, and the Met said it was satisfied investigations were thorough.

Dr Duff, a 30-year-old lecturer at the University of Nottingham, does not agree and is challenging the misconduct hearing's findings by way of a judicial review.

WARNING: The rest of this account includes graphic descriptions of a strip search

Koshka Duff's bruised armImage copyrightKOSHKA DUFF Image captionThis photo of Koshka Duff's injured arm was taken while she was still at the police station

She described the strip search following her arrest on suspicion of obstruction as being a "very violating and humiliating experience".

"They caused significant injury, and subjected me to degrading treatment," said Dr Duff, who is originally from Aberdeen.

"It was three officers on top of me but it felt like it was more because they were kneeling on me with their full weight and they were all over me.

"They tied my legs together and they had my hands in handcuffs.

"They cut my clothes off with scissors and ripped out my piercings. While they were doing that they were twisting my arms around behind my back."

'Grabbed' breasts

Guidelines for strip searches say suspects should not be required to remove all their clothes at the same time - something Dr Duff said was ignored.

"When they had me completely naked they touched my breasts and between my legs," said Dr Duff.

Dr Duff went into further detail about this touching in her witness statements to the misconduct hearing.

She said the officers "grabbed" her breasts "roughly" in the process of pulling her on to her back over someone's knee.

One officer touched her genitals, she said, while someone made a comment that suggested to Dr Duff they were looking for genital piercings.

"Then they put me into a paper suit, which didn't do up properly so my breasts were partially exposed, and they carried me through the station like that," she said.

The officers were women, which is in accordance with guidelines, but strip searches should not be observed by people of the opposite sex.

Dr Duff said she heard male officers talking through the open door, and feared they might be watching.

Legal advice card Image captionKoshka Duff was arrested when she tried to give a legal advice card like this one to a 15-year-old boy

"The purpose of the strip search I think was to punish me because they didn't like what I had done in getting in their way, offering the 'know your rights' card and then doing passive resistance and not speaking to them," said Dr Duff.

"I think they thought it would soften me up and make me give them my details by essentially subjecting me to very painful and degrading treatment in order to make me comply."

The events that led to her long-running legal battle with the Metropolitan Police took place in Hackney, east London, on 3 May 2013.

She saw police stopping and searching black people on the Wilton Estate and was concerned they were being racially profiled.

'Some sort of socialist'

Dr Duff saw officers surround a 15-year-old boy and said she decided to observe.

She then spoke to him and tried to give him a card with some legal advice on, but said police physically stopped her from doing so by grabbing her arm and blocking her way.

They then arrested her on suspicion of obstruction and assaulting a police officer.

The boy was found to have a knife, which Dr Duff had not been aware of when she intervened.

Koshka Duff sitting next to a fountain at the University of Nottingham Image captionKoshka Duff described the strip search as a "very violating and humiliating experience"

She said she decided to act in the spirit of "passive resistance", and went limp rather than walking to the police van willingly.

While she was in the van Dr Duff said she heard one of the officers describe her as a "bleeding heart lefty" and "some sort of socialist".

She was taken to Stoke Newington police station, where Sgt Kurtis Howard approved the strip search.

In the detention log he noted that he was authorising it because Dr Duff "assaulted officers in the execution of their duties", "refuses to tell police her identity", "may have weapons or other items concealed", and was "being obstructive for reasons unknown".

Dr Duff was later charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer and one charge of obstructing a police officer, but was acquitted of all charges following a trial.

Presentational grey line

Was the strip search lawful?

Woman in handcuffsImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES

"Strip searches are usually conducted to search for evidence - typically stolen goods or drugs," said Mark P Thomas, a lecturer from Nottingham Law School.

Guidance is set out in Code C of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE).

This states: "A strip search may take place only if it is considered necessary to remove an article which a detainee would not be allowed to keep and the officer reasonably considers the detainee might have concealed such an article.

"Strip searches shall not be routinely carried out if there is no reason to consider that articles are concealed."

Iain Gould, a solicitor who blogs about police misconduct claims, believes police had insufficient grounds to strip search Dr Duff.

"On the facts available to me, this certainly seems excessive and unlawful," he said.

"There appear to have been no reasonable grounds to assume that Ms Duff was carrying a weapon on her person."

Presentational grey line

At the time of the strip search Dr Duff was a final-year masters student in piano performance at the Royal College of Music, but she says her injuries meant she could not practise for her recital and had to postpone the completion of the masters until the following year.

Her injuries included cuts and bruises on her arms and hand and a five-inch cut on her collarbone. She said the hole where a stud in her ear was removed was also very painful.

She added that she also suffered "considerable" psychological harm.

"For a few months after the incident it was intrusive thoughts about the strip search, [which] often brought on panic attacks," she said.

"I got some counselling and that condition improved, but I do experience involuntary facial spasms during flashbacks and that sometimes interferes with my work because I worry about that being noticed by my colleagues and students."

She gave up her job as a self-employed philosophy tutor because of stress relating to the incident and the court proceedings, could not pay her rent and was homeless for several months, living with various friends.

Dr Duff said her life is "back on track" five years later but she still suffers from flashbacks.

Stoke Newington police stationImage copyrightGOOGLE Image captionThe strip search took place at Stoke Newington police station

After her acquittal, she complained and the matter went back and forth between the Metropolitan Police and what was then the Independent Police Complaints Commission (now the Independent Office for Police Conduct).

The Metropolitan Police held a misconduct hearing in August, but halfway through it Sgt Howard's defence barrister argued he had no case to answer.

The panel accepted this, meaning Sgt Howard was cleared of gross misconduct without giving evidence.

Panel chairman Maurice Cohen said there were "reasonable grounds justifying Sgt Howard's actions in authorising a strip search".

"As she was non-compliant, Sgt Howard was therefore unable to conduct a risk assessment, obtain Dr Duff's identity - which is an essential part of that risk assessment - or ascertain from her if she suffered from any mental health illness, other vulnerability or if she was on drugs," he said.

"Her behaviour was somewhat bizarre. He had a responsibility to ensure that Dr Duff did not present a risk to herself or others."

Dr Duff's lawyer, Lawrence Barker, believes there is a good prospect of the judicial review succeeding.

"In her view, the misconduct hearing was not fair and the panel did not properly apply the law. She is understandably very concerned about that, and that the same will be true in other cases," he said.

Headquarters of the Metropolitan PoliceImage copyrightGETTY IMAGES Image captionA misconduct hearing panel was satisfied there were "reasonable grounds" for the strip search

the So-Called BBC gave Sgt Howard and the other Metropolitan Police officers involved the opportunity to respond.

The force said in a statement: "Following her arrest and whilst in custody the complainant was disengaged and uncooperative.

"This made Police Sergeant Kurtis Howard's primary responsibility as custody sergeant, to risk assess all detainees for their welfare and the potential risk they may cause to themselves, other detainees and the officers dealing, very difficult."

The statement added that he "made several attempts to respectfully engage with the complainant, all of which were caught on CCTV" and that the misconduct hearing panel was satisfied he had "reasonable grounds" to authorise the strip search.

For Dr Duff, the fight to hold the police accountable for what happened to her continues.

"My sense of the misconduct hearing is that it was a sham," she said.

"The fact that the panel was happy to rubberstamp this officer's actions without even bothering to question him just makes clear to me that the violating and degrading treatment I was subjected to was far from exceptional.

"I feel we are dealing with a real culture of impunity that needs to be challenged."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems PTSD is the latest injury the young and SJW are desperate to obtain, thus in the process demeaning it.

If she actually had PTSD she would shut the fuck up about it, clueless individual.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re the original post, whilst the police should not without cause inflict injury, when human beings are subduing other human beings, injuries will happen.  Those who have never been in a fight, or had to subdue a violent or resisting person, are often shocked how it looks on video.

Frankly, for this woman, I bet she has damaged more student lives through her 'teaching' than a single cop could ever in their career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewryH said:

It's interesting that it's only after mention of breasts and genitals groped that the article mentions the officers were women.

All a bit vague.

She'd have been arrested/detained as she will not have just given the blck kid a card.

Its most likely she'd have been pissed and difficult, starting an argument or getting in the way. Standard police procedure is to ask peopl to step back.

She'd have been put in a cel.. Hr behaviour would have bee nso bad theyd have classed her as pissed/lunatic, so shed have been asked to take her clothes off and put a paper suit on. The officer doing that would have been female. Aain, they do not stres that. Adn shed have been padded down for weapons - she was obstrcuting he arrest of omeone who had a knife. Coppers will assume shes got one stuffed somewhere.

 

'The force said in a statement: "Following her arrest and whilst in custody the complainant was disengaged and uncooperative.

"This made Police Sergeant Kurtis Howard's primary responsibility as custody sergeant, to risk assess all detainees for their welfare and the potential risk they may cause to themselves, other detainees and the officers dealing, very difficult."

The statement added that he "made several attempts to respectfully engage with the complainant, all of which were caught on CCTV" and that the misconduct hearing panel was satisfied he had "reasonable grounds" to authorise the strip search.'

 

 

She's 30. Assume she sarted Uni @ 18.

18-21- Degree.

21-26 - Phd.

27+ 1 yar - playign piano Masters

What a total waste of publci money. Hope she pays her tution back ASAP.

 

Biography

 

I did my PhD at Sussex, a research masters at Birkbeck, and my undergraduate degree at Cambridge, all in philosophy. From 2009 to 2010 I was a Frank Knox Fellow at Harvard, where I studied German, gender studies, and intellectual history as well as philosophy. More recently, I was a DAAD Visiting Fellow at the Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main (2017), translating texts in the Max Horkheimer archive as part of my PhD project. I also have a Masters in Piano Performance from the Royal College of Music, which included an ERASMUS semester at the Universität der Künste, Berlin.

 

Teaching Summary

I teach the modules 'Gender, Justice & Society' (1st year) and 'Social & Political Philosophy' (MA).

Research Summary

My research is in social and political philosophy. This includes feminist philosophy, philosophy of race, critical theory, and the history of political thought.

I'd be happy to supervise graduate students working in any of these areas.

Recent Publications

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand, the police actions of using 3 police officers to get control of her and using handcuffs and leg restraints suggest a massive struggle. Her injuries also seem consistent with someone who struggled. And she seems to have a towering sense of self-righteousness and entitlement.

On the other hand, she says she didn't struggle.

Hmmm....

I'm leaning toward she's a self-righteous ideologue who escalated a potentially dangerous situation and then behaved like a vicious hellcat when police attempted to restrain her.

 

I actually got dragged under a bridge and punched a few times by a couple of policemen back in the early 90s. They thought I was part of a gang burgling the local neighbourhood and were trying to intimidate me into giving them some info. They were careful not to do any visible damage. To be honest I kind of think it was better back when they got away with that sort of thing. The odd gut punch to lippy twats in their early 20s is a perfectly reasonable price to pay for less burglary and knife crime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'She gave up her job as a self-employed philosophy tutor because of stress relating to the incident and the court proceedings, could not pay her rent and was homeless for several months, living with various friends.

Dr Duff said her life is "back on track" five years later but she still suffers from flashbacks.'

Right, she was unemployed.

This happened 5 years ago FFS. And shes stil ltrying to get get compo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

On the one hand, the police actions of using 3 police officers to get control of her and using handcuffs and leg restraints suggest a massive struggle. Her injuries also seem consistent with someone who struggled. And she seems to have a towering sense of self-righteousness and entitlement.

On the other hand, she says she didn't struggle.

Hmmm....

I'm leaning toward she's a self-righteous ideologue who escalated a potentially dangerous situation and then behaved like a vicious hellcat when police attempted to restrain her.

 

I actually got dragged under a bridge and punched a few times by a couple of policemen back in the early 90s. They thought I was part of a gang burgling the local neighbourhood and were trying to intimidate me into giving them some info. They were careful not to do any visible damage. To be honest I kind of think it was better back when they got away with that sort of thing. The odd gut punch to lippy twats in their early 20s is a perfectly reasonable price to pay for less burglary and knife crime. 

Back two generations a lot of my ancestors were policemen.  They had many stories of dishing out rough justice to known bad'uns, including wifebeaters etc (at a time when the law would have done nothing).  Never be able to do it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I did my PhD at Sussex, a research masters at Birkbeck, and my undergraduate degree at Cambridge, all in philosophy. From 2009 to 2010 I was a Frank Knox Fellow at Harvard, where I studied German, gender studies, and intellectual history as well as philosophy. More recently, I was a DAAD Visiting Fellow at the Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main (2017), translating texts in the Max Horkheimer archive as part of my PhD project. I also have a Masters in Piano Performance from the Royal College of Music, which included an ERASMUS semester at the Universität der Künste, Berlin.

That's a dammed impressive cv of yours there Spygirl.  I only managed to play piano in the Jolly Sailor, the one 'round the back of Asda!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Back two generations a lot of my ancestors were policemen.  They had many stories of dishing out rough justice to known bad'uns, including wifebeaters etc (at a time when the law would have done nothing).  Never be able to do it now.

Yeah that kind of thing is ok until you get a few bad coppers together. Then it can start being bad for everyone.

I like the fact that they touch on this stuff in the "Endeavour" series, set in the 60s - one or two of the local crims get a bit of rough justice in some episodes.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yeah that kind of thing is ok until you get a few bad coppers together. Then it can start being bad for everyone.

I like the fact that they touch on this stuff in the "Endeavour" series, set in the 60s - one or two of the local crims get a bit of rough justice in some episodes.

Oh agreed, it easily spirals into corruption.  But I think the current goal of no hurties for anyone, ever, is as bad as police acting corruptly, as it means criminal and antisocial behaviour is almost never deterred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Banned said:

Seems PTSD is the latest injury the young and SJW are desperate to obtain, thus in the process demeaning it.

If she actually had PTSD she would shut the fuck up about it, clueless individual.

 

I have PTSD and flashbacks to an incident where I trapped my foreskin in my fly. I may never work again!

This privileged snowflake can't accept that her actions have consequences and that the police are not there to coddle her leftie middle class outrage. She deserves a few years in a labour camp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all that stuff on her CV - no wonder she's going for all this publicity.  It validates her last few years of study/teaching.  'Hey, it happened to me - I can talk about this for real'.  You go girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst the police can be utter cunts and I have personal experience of this - I'm on their side with this one. 

From what I have read. Wasn't there so who knows what actually happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get PTSD after dropping a big one in trap 2 as my @rse looks like his wrists.

Apparently the way to avoid it is to relax, a bit like wearing steel cuffs at a bondage party.

Top tip, don't resist the Police, during bondage sessions or on the toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ccc said:

Whilst the police can be utter cunts and I have personal experience of this - I'm on their side with this one. 

From what I have read. Wasn't there so who knows what actually happened. 

Same here.

The marks on her wrists look to be from when they would have grabbed her. Note they are red marks, so fresh. They may have faded into nothing or the following day may have been huge bruises. The lack of a photo of a big black angry bruise makes me think its the former.

As others have said, its very difficult to restrain someone without causing some form of injury. Even having to move someone while they passively resist is not easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, null; said:

Same here.

The marks on her wrists look to be from when they would have grabbed her. Note they are red marks, so fresh. They may have faded into nothing or the following day may have been huge bruises. The lack of a photo of a big black angry bruise makes me think its the former.

As others have said, its very difficult to restrain someone without causing some form of injury. Even having to move someone while they passively resist is not easy.

Yes. I've had worse looking "bruises" smacking my elbow or knee off a door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, null; said:

Same here.

The marks on her wrists look to be from when they would have grabbed her. Note they are red marks, so fresh. They may have faded into nothing or the following day may have been huge bruises. The lack of a photo of a big black angry bruise makes me think its the former.

As others have said, its very difficult to restrain someone without causing some form of injury. Even having to move someone while they passively resist is not easy.

The same effect could of course being achieved by slapping your arm hard several times and then taking a picture of it before it fades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The same effect could of course being achieved by slapping your arm hard several times and then taking a picture of it before it fades.

Er, yes. Especially with her colouring. Had a whiteskinned redheaded girlfriend who liked a bit of light "mistreatment", nothing unusual, and she positively glowed red at the, um, impact points.  So that photo is almost meaningless IMO, especially in the context of having been restrained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She sounds like an over-entitled, over-educated waste of space. (What if the black kid with a knife had stabbed HER? What would her PTSD be then?)

Agree none of us was there, but I am defo on team "police" with the evidence we have been given. Cos who would I prefer to see coming round the corner when faced with a potentially young criminal with a knife whom I would have to walk past on my route home? (Her with her "human rights" cards in her backpack ... or a couple of solid looking male PCs with some handcuffs, ready to carry out a random stop and search to check him out. Hmm.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spygirl said:

All a bit vague.

She'd have been arrested/detained as she will not have just given the blck kid a card.

Its most likely she'd have been pissed and difficult, starting an argument or getting in the way. Standard police procedure is to ask peopl to step back.

She'd have been put in a cel.. Hr behaviour would have bee nso bad theyd have classed her as pissed/lunatic, so shed have been asked to take her clothes off and put a paper suit on. The officer doing that would have been female. Aain, they do not stres that. Adn shed have been padded down for weapons - she was obstrcuting he arrest of omeone who had a knife. Coppers will assume shes got one stuffed somewhere.

 

'The force said in a statement: "Following her arrest and whilst in custody the complainant was disengaged and uncooperative.

"This made Police Sergeant Kurtis Howard's primary responsibility as custody sergeant, to risk assess all detainees for their welfare and the potential risk they may cause to themselves, other detainees and the officers dealing, very difficult."

The statement added that he "made several attempts to respectfully engage with the complainant, all of which were caught on CCTV" and that the misconduct hearing panel was satisfied he had "reasonable grounds" to authorise the strip search.'

 

 

She's 30. Assume she sarted Uni @ 18.

18-21- Degree.

21-26 - Phd.

27+ 1 yar - playign piano Masters

What a total waste of publci money. Hope she pays her tution back ASAP.

 

Biography

 

I did my PhD at Sussex, a research masters at Birkbeck, and my undergraduate degree at Cambridge, all in philosophy. From 2009 to 2010 I was a Frank Knox Fellow at Harvard, where I studied German, gender studies, and intellectual history as well as philosophy. More recently, I was a DAAD Visiting Fellow at the Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main (2017), translating texts in the Max Horkheimer archive as part of my PhD project. I also have a Masters in Piano Performance from the Royal College of Music, which included an ERASMUS semester at the Universität der Künste, Berlin.

 

Teaching Summary

I teach the modules 'Gender, Justice & Society' (1st year) and 'Social & Political Philosophy' (MA).

Research Summary

My research is in social and political philosophy. This includes feminist philosophy, philosophy of race, critical theory, and the history of political thought.

I'd be happy to supervise graduate students working in any of these areas.

Recent Publications

 

 

 

I'll just condense that in the style of my father ....

"So she's never done a stroke of work in her life."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Chewing Grass
      Here is my five minute SJW buzzword Bingo Card with points.
      Fascist (5),    Toxic Masculinity (5),    Nazi (5),    Rape Culture (5)
      Xenophobe (4),   Misogyny (4),    Patriarchy (4),   Intersectional Feminism (4)
      Racist (3),   Sexist (3),   Marginalised (3),   Homophobe (3),   Islamophobe (3)
      Problematic (2),   Non-Binary (2),   Appropriation (2),   Privilege (2),   Inclusive (2)
      Empowered (1),   Gender Identity (1),   Diverse (1),   Intersectionality (1),   Reactionary (1).
      So boringly predictable, feel free to add or turn it into a marketable game.
    • By TheBlueCat
      https://www.bbc.com/news/health-46081726
      I call bollocks on this. I know a (UK) couple who've recently given up on the adoption process due to the impossibility of dealing with the insanely intrusive, expensive and racially biased pre-adoption process and I'm very sure they aren't the only ones. 
    • By Chewing Grass
      Apu is going to be killed off in The Simpsons after SJWs have compaigned deemed him a “racist” depiction of an Indian-American. It is suspected that the announcement that Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (the wise-cracking, and sometimes clueless, father of eight children) will be murdered by scriptwriters in a completely random and senseless wacist attack by a deranged Trump supporter with an I.Q. of 78 in week prior to the mid-terms.
      https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2018/10/27/the-simpsons-drops-apu-character-due-to-racial-stereotyping-controversy/
      http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/iqclassifications.htm
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.