• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

PETA Ties Drinking Milk to White Supremacy

Dairy industry really vicious enterprise also cow's milk not that good for you. I'd give it up if I didn't hate the entire range of fake milks. I say that but actually the chocolate-flavour soya is pretty nice if you can stand the massive carbs and calories.

10 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Dairy industry really vicious enterprise also cow's milk not that good for you. I'd give it up if I didn't hate the entire range of fake milks. I say that but actually the chocolate-flavour soya is pretty nice if you can stand the massive carbs and calories.

This can't be right, I thought all dairy farmers were nice guys with flat caps. I've been lied to yet again!

11 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Unless your lactose intolerant, or have some other allergy it's fine.

https://heart.bmj.com/content/91/11/1480

In fact it's probably much better than fine. It's the only thing we have to eat that actually evolved with the purpose of being nutritious food. (I know that fruit also evolved as food, but that's with the purpose of seed dispersal rather than nutrition for long term health, so it will be selected for tasting good in the short term, rather than being good for you in the longer term).

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Unless your lactose intolerant, or have some other allergy it's fine.

https://heart.bmj.com/content/91/11/1480

In fact it's probably much better than fine. It's the only thing we have to eat that actually evolved with the purpose of being nutritious food. (I know that fruit also evolved as food, but that's with the purpose of seed dispersal rather than nutrition for long term health, so it will be selected for tasting good in the short term, rather than being good for you in the longer term).

I would add eggs to that as they are also designed specifically for nutrition.

I knew we would come to the point where one of these l animal rights loons would turn their attention to animal rape.

PETA writer Zachary Tolliver’s article is typically quite graphic, comparing factory farming practices to human sexual violence. “Rape is perhaps the single most heinous crime involving both power and violence,” Tolliver wrote, “but it’s standard procedure in the dairy industry.”

I can't remember a single episode of an Attenborough programme where both  animals consented to sex.

The longer I live the more depressed I become at the infantile views and dishonesty of people that are supposed to be adults.

Edited by M S E Refugee

Let us remember that PETA is a so-called animal rights organisation that kills about 85 percent of the animals that it receives.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/

I have posted this on another thread already, but here is the reason that the clueless animal slaughterers think that milk is racist. They have been trolled by /pol/. The milk party starts at 12 minutes in.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would add eggs to that as they are also designed specifically for nutrition.

20 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

And honey.

Well they we go, we've invented a new diet.

The Milk, Eggs and Honey diet.

Yum yum.

xD

32 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Well they we go, we've invented a new diet.

The Milk, Eggs and Honey diet.

Yum yum.

xD

Menu for dosbods island cafe?

Egg over honey glazed steak followed by natural yoghurt with fresh fruit or nuts.

Washed down with ale.

The article ends with another assertion that switching to non-dairy “milks” is a good way to prove you are not a racist. “With so many different types of cruelty-free, delicious milks on the market,” Tolliver asserts, “opposing supremacists has never been easier.”

Wouldn't that tend to make dairy milk cheaper.  That would help the supremacists.

It certainly puts a new perspective on the Milky Bar Kid.

Edited by twocents

The article ends with another assertion that switching to non-dairy “milks” is a good way to prove you are not a racist. “With so many different types of cruelty-free, delicious milks on the market,” Tolliver asserts, “opposing supremacists has never been easier.”

The most depressing thing about all this modern anti-fascist demagoguery is that it absolutely stinks of fascism - "You're either with us, or against us."

16 hours ago, 201p said:

Civilization has reached a temporary peak.  We keep calling this "progressive" as if we are actually moving. This is a big fat lie, that they keep repeating.

Instead of cleaning up the globe, reducing waste, ACTUAL RECYCLING, looking after the vulnerable, getting the first astronauts to Mars, exploring the oceans, etc. We come back to identity politics. If I could hibernate for 10 years, I think I would.

I do wonder if this is what it was like for normal English folks viewing the US counterculture during the late sixties.

The white supremacy thing is ridiculous and sounds like some 4chan trolling.

But I can't argue with the logic of milk being designed by nature to grow a calf into a cow in a short period of time, and that maybe isn't something that humans should have any need to drink in significant qualities in adulthood.

I also don't see why anyone should be angry with the idea that the dairy industry is cruel - forced impregnation, separation of mother and calf, ect... I mean most of us here think Halal is cruel, don't we? What about the Yulin Dog Meat festival? I guess we're differing with regards to what constitutes 'cruelty'?

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

The white supremacy thing is ridiculous and sounds like some 4chan trolling.

But I can't argue with the logic of milk being designed by nature to grow a calf into a cow in a short period of time, and that maybe isn't something that humans should have any need to drink in significant qualities in adulthood.

I also don't see why anyone should be angry with the idea that the dairy industry is cruel - forced impregnation, separation of mother and calf, ect... I mean most of us here think Halal is cruel, don't we? What about the Yulin Dog Meat festival? I guess we're differing with regards to what constitutes 'cruelty'?

I do.

Force feeding geese, or putting male chicks straight in the blender, or the raising of veal calves, forced impregnation of turkeys. There is nothing particularly terrible about dairy farming over an above other farming.

Arable farming is likely far worse in terms of numbers of animals affected. The use of pesticides on monoculture crops must cause incalculable suffering for vast numbers of animals, we just don't see it. Then there's all sorts of other really nasty impacts, myxomatosis for rabbits, the effects of combine harvesters on ground nesting birds, fertiliser run off choking rivers.

You can kid yourself that some is crueler and some more ethical, but at the end of the day all farming has negative impact for animals, and benefits for humans. If you start preaching at others like your shit doesn't stink you'll annoy them.  

I would add that I have worked in an abattoir and would agree that the animal's suffering is not an easy thing to have to look at, and we should want to take a holistic view that would inform rational steps to minimise it. However you never really get positive incremental change through rabid zealotry.

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

So we should only eat placenta?

No, I'm not saying that.

Rather that if something has been specifically evolved for nutrition, albeit for other species, like eggs or milk then it will be a very balanced foodstuff.

I hesitate with honey as that's designed for insects.

I'm rather concerned about the connection between basket weavers and revolutionary marxism.

Now give me tenure at an expensive college charging lots of money for degrees in post-modernism.

Edited by SuperTramp