• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Conversations about the state of the nation

Thought I would start a thread (don’t think we have one specifically on this) about people striking up conversation about the state of things 

yesterday, as I posted in another thread, I had a conversation yesterday with a sparky and plumber about brexit (they voted leave) and TR (who they very much admired).  I sent them off to look at Qanon :)

today on a visit to magnet kitchens, the woman kitchen designer decided to discuss with me about Bennie seekers and that the way this was being paid for was through raising retirement ages. She was incandescent. Brought in about lack of opportunity for young people, the stupidness of student loans and how things were weighted against ordinary people just trying to get by.

neither of these conversations were started by me but both followed similar lines to discussions on here.

The anger out there is palpable. The establishment imho is losing both trust and control.

I will post any more conversations, just for the record.   

Just now, MrPin said:

There is a lack of opportunity for young people. This country has turned to shit. But it was always thus.

I don’t think it has. My parents bought a house on one wage, for me it was two, now they are out of reach for young people. 

University was free, now it’s 50k.  

Just now, One percent said:

I don’t think it has. My parents bought a house on one wage, for me it was two, now they are out of reach for young people. 

University was free, now it’s 50k.  

See them pedalling lies! Debt is wealth!

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes and the rest...

War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength

Hello sweety, you are a clevergirl, and that's better than big tits, although I like big tits. I'm such a plonker that it took  XYY to point out you  were female.

Otherwise I've spent $250 to have a ladyboy's nob up me bum.

Just now, MrPin said:

Hello sweety, you are a clevergirl, and that's better than big tits, although I like big tits. I'm such a plonker that it took  XYY to point out you  were female.

Otherwise I've spent $250 to have a ladyboy's nob up me bum.

How do you know I’m not clever and with big tits?  

You did know I was female. Surely?  

Oh, and you and xyy have been discussing me off forum?  Nice. o.O

state of the nation? what about the state of Manchester?

A friend is going in for an op on Friday and was asked by the doctor if he had been to Manchester in the past 6 weeks, seems a very odd question? googled it and I'm only getting news about a ladybird invasion in Manchester.

Edited by snaga

My daughter stopped me yesterday from singing 'Polly Wolly Doodle' to my 5 year old grand daughter.

I told her that I learned the song from a school song book where we were all taught to sing it in the 1950s.

She replied that she did not want her daughter getting into trouble in school.

Probably because 'Polly Wolly Doodle' sounds reminiscent of Golliwog and wooly hair etc.

In fact the song was sung in the 1930s by Shirley Temple and has been recorded a number of times over the years.

But the teaching profession is walking on egg shells these days. It only needs one ignorant stupid protester for the usual leftie chorus of condemnation to get going.

What a horrible country we live in, can't even buy a man sized tissue.

All because years ago pathologically altruistic idiots encouraged mass immigration and howled down Enoch Powell.

How do you know I’m not clever and with big tits?  

You did know I was female. Surely?  

Oh, and you and xyy have been discussing me off forum?  Nice. o.O

I thought you were a bloke. XYY has a lot more gaydar equipment than I have. I am embarassed to say that.The Northern boozy plonker.

Just now, MrPin said:

I thought you were a bloke. XYY has a lot more gaydar equipment than I have. I am embarassed to say that.The Northern boozy plonker.

Er, I’m not a bloke neither am I gay. xD

3 minutes ago, snaga said:

state of the nation? what about the state of Manchester?

A friend is going in for an op on Friday and was asked by the doctor if he had been to Manchester in the past 6 weeks, seems a very odd question? googled it and I'm only getting news about a ladybird invasion in Manchester.

Did they not think to ask?  

Going by the posts here, it could be monkey pox, people getting very ill very quickly on planes or the flu virus. 

It could also be something we missed such as zombies. 

I used to be a bit of a biker chick back in the day. Now I have my Mini Cooper S. 2lt. Fast. Unless I am following an old fool in a hat. 

I was the old fool on the Harley, with a white helmet.

Just now, MrPin said:

I was the old fool on the Harley, with a white helmet.

I didn’t look down the pants of any of the bikers (honest) so don’t know if you are on your own with that one. o.O

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

Two legs good, four legs bad...

1984 and animal farm. His observation skills were good 

29 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There is a lack of opportunity for young people. This country has turned to shit. But it was always thus.

But the "young people" are more worried about being called racist than actually fixing anything. They really need to start joining the dots tout de fucking suite.

1 minute ago, shindigger said:

But the "young people" are more worried about being called racist than actually fixing anything. They really need to start joining the dots tout de fucking suite.

No they need to think for themselves, otherwise other people do it for you!:Old: