DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Autumn Budget

spunko

reformed nice guy

I think a better idea is to do what the Yanks do and allow a transferable tax allowance. It would encourage households to stay together

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit sandwich - a turd concealed between two layers of bread.

We are on the first slice, all the giveaways.

Waiting for the turd - who is going to pay for it?

Wow, this actually is good news:

Government to axe PFI deals

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the free money?

ta very much. 

Buy loads of houses or lend someone money to buy loads of houses ... Or build loads of houses.

Long time lurking
9 hours ago, Queasing said:

My predictions (and I've lifted these from ToS) 

TPTB can see the housing market stalling and will set the upper limit on stamp duty for FTBs to a higher level  and remove or cut it for "second steppers", sold as help for "hardworking families".

Expecting further HTB revisions, at the request of and for the benefit of the housebuilders

Recent history suggests to me that there will be nothing of any real vision or meaningful value announced

You win 

Digital services tax to be introduced. Chancellor says international progress too slow but to be narrowly targeted. £500m international turnover.

HMRC to be preferred creditor in insolvency

"IR35 are designed to ensure fairness to ensure employers pay the same employment taxes. The same changes will be applied to the private sector also."

"Business rates for smaller English retailers to be cut by one-third over the next two years."

"Additional £200m of funding for British Business Bank."

Annual investment allowance increased to £1m per annum

"£400m bonus to help schools buy the things they need - averaging £10,000 per Primary Schools and £50,000 per Secondary Schools."

"Extra £160m of funding for counter-terrorism policing in 2019-20."

Digital services tax to be introduced. Chancellor says international progress too slow but to be narrowly targeted. £500m international turnover.

"Stamp duty abolished for all first-time buyers on shared ownership homes up to £500,000."

Tax on manufacturing on manufactured and imported plastics. Consultation expected.

"Additional funding worth £1bn over five years for claimants moving onto Universal Credit."

Personal allowance and higher rate threshold increased to £12,500 and £50,000 from April 2019, one year ahead of manifesto commitment.

"From April, the National Living Wage will rise to £8.21."

"Universal Credit work allowances to be increased by £1,000 per year."

"New 26-30 railcard available across network by the end of the year."

"Air Passenger Duty to rise in line with inflation from April 2020." but "No change in duty rate for short-haul flights."

"Duties on beer, cider and spirits to be frozen."

"Tobacco duties will continue to rise in line with inflation plus 2%."

"I will provide £10m to deal with abandoned waste."

"Extra £950m for the Scottish government by 2020-21." and "More funding into Northern Ireland also."

"£12m to be funded into fishing as we leave the EU."

"Increasing the Transforming Cities Fund to £2.4bn." and "We support the delivery of a further 19,000 homes by improving the DLR."

"Further £500m for Housing Infrastructure Fund to unlock a further 650,000 homes."

"£675m of co-funding to help councils rejuvenate high streets."

VAT threshold unchanged for further 2 years

"Total public investment growing to its highest in 40 years." (one for DB!)

"Extra £650m of grant funding for English authorities for social care."

"We've inherited the highest peace-time deficit in history."  And kept it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Providing funding to empower up to 500 neighbourhoods."??????????

"£2bn more over the next five years to be raised under plans to clamp down on tax avoidance and evasion."

"We'll extend start-up loans to 2021."

Sources:

https://twitter.com/ICAEW

https://twitter.com/ICAEW_talk

Just now, Harley said:

HMRC to be preferred creditor in insolvency

"IR35 are designed to ensure fairness to ensure employers pay the same employment taxes. The same changes will be applied to the private sector also."

In English?

Just now, Harley said:

Depends on the specific question.

The garbage spouted by Hammond - what does it mean?  Does it come with a crib sheet?  

Obfuscation - it's deliberate

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The garbage spouted by Hammond - what does it mean?  Does it come with a crib sheet?  

Obfuscation - it's deliberate

I stick to the tweets to avoid having to listen to him!

Please remember that some of the key naughty stuff in a budget only comes out later in the technical press once the Treasury's detailed papers are released and studied.  Of course by then the MSM has moved on from their budget yap-yap to another yap-yap so it all gets little coverage.  But some of this stuff is important.  I'll keep an eye out for anything.

5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Please remember that some of the key naughty stuff in a budget only comes out later in the technical press once the Treasury's detailed papers are released and studied.  Of course by then the MSM has moved on from their budget yap-yap to another yap-yap so it all gets little coverage.  But some of this stuff is important.  I'll keep an eye out for anything.

Yes, very true.

I'm sad git and read (well, scan for interesting stuff) the entire budget document once its published.

3 minutes ago, null; said:

Yes, very true.

I'm sad git and read (well, scan for interesting stuff) the entire budget document once its published.

We expect a report on the fine print then. 👍

44 minutes ago, null; said:

Shit sandwich - a turd concealed between two layers of bread.

We are on the first slice, all the giveaways.

Waiting for the turd - who is going to pay for it?

Wow, this actually is good news:

Government to axe PFI deals

Hmmm, I take it back - there was no turd.

Now where has he hidden it?

On the face of it, I would say one of the best budgets in a long time. I may retract that statement if new information comes to light.

And out come all the lefty critics, they must be pretty pissed off that he has not given them something to moan about, that won't stop them making stuff up like Laura Kuntsberg complaining that he didn't say enough about Brexit. Is that really the best she can come up with?

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Nah, there haven’t been any PFI deals in ages anyway. The accounting rules around them changed a while back and made them just about impossible to justify.

Cheers

Ah, so obfuscation again.  Suppose it gives him some good news to spout. 

Just now, Harley said:

"Austerity is coming to an end but discipline will remain."

So we're moving from an age of "Austerity" to an age of "Discipline"!

He can call it what they like. I was looking at jobs and the job I did 15 years ago was paying the same rate as it is today. Yet everything else has gone up massively. 

Lises, damned lies and the establishment, to mangle a quote 

3 minutes ago, null; said:

And out come all the lefty critics, they must be pretty pissed off that he has not given them something to moan about, that won't stop them making stuff up like Laura Kuntsberg complaining that he didn't say enough about Brexit. Is that really the best she can come up with?

The Tory party are leftys. 

Corbyn basically saying that he hasn't spent enough. Others pointing out the cost of the budget.

Of course you just can't win, no matter what anyone does its never enough / too much / too little etc

Always easy to criticise.

I'm not a fan of Hammond by the way, its just that I dislike the far left MSM and Corbyn more.

Archived