• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carl Fimble

Censorship on dosbods??? Deleted thread !

I am concerned.

There once was a thread on the (let's just say)  "the Folicles of Lion", but no longer does it exist.

This is dosbods I'm talking about, not the other place, or any other place- dosbods.

Hmmmm, I only found out about it on this thread :

wp_ss_20170531_0007.png

I replied on that thread : "Conspiraloon threads", it will be interesting what the response is., to that, and this.

It may well be quite innocuous but I'm concerned.

Edited by spunko2010 - please vote on how to handle this kind of situation here.

Edited by spunko2010
poll link

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

I think it was a bad thread and risked damaging the future of this forum, so I don;t miss it.  However, I know that free speech is only free speech if you allow things you don;t like to be said.

Ok, thank you.

The title alone was enough to make this forum appear other than it is.  I only read the first two posts and it had many interesting parallels with the post war Frankfurt School / Cultural Marxism.

I would say that this forum triumphs free thought rather than free speech.

For example if we had CyberNat here pumping out his endless SNP crap I'd be reporting each and every one myself.  That's a restriction upon free speech but that twat just wrecks forums.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The title alone was enough to make this forum appear other than it is.  I only read the first two posts and it had many interesting parallels with the post war Frankfurt School / Cultural Marxism.

For example if we had CyberNat here pumping out his endless SNP crap I'd be reporting each and every one myself.  That's a restriction upon free speech but that twat just wrecks forums.

A forum for anything general or Off Topic. Anything goes.

Is the header for Off Topic. I think there are a lot of Trolls on this forum and yes they wrecked any sensible discussion about the subject/s mentioned. There is a 'down the pub ' attitude of certain members of this forum and they post a lot of fatuous and gratuitous comments. They think they are better/ more knowledgeable and generally superior and they dominate anything and everything which doesn't suit them ....its not difficult to see why Dr Bubb left HPC and formed GEI .

We live in very difficult times and whilst a bit of levity can lighten things up. The vulgar bludgeoning of some on here is very unpleasant and is far more likely to put people off than topic titles that may pose a challenge.

I Think its all running very nicely, the political nutters do stand out especially when they complain. I think some of the replies are very informative on this level especially when they spit their dummies/throw their toys about.

Anyway Gary is popping round for a spit roast this morning with me and farmer Jones so need to do some prep in the kitchen.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I Think its all running very nicely, the political nutters do stand out especially when they complain. I think some of the replies are very informative on this level especially when they spit their dummies/throw their toys about.

Anyway Gary is popping round for a spit roast this morning with me and farmer Jones so need to do some prep in the kitchen.

Glitter?

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I'm loving your innuendo its top stuff, so very subtle .....so very very subtle.

Back to 'down the pub ' eh Chewing Grass and laugh at anyone who has the gall to challenge the status quo on here !!!!

41 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Nail on the head. 

Didn't see the original thread, but there has to be a limit somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, suzieq said:

I'm loving your innuendo its top stuff, so very subtle .....so very very subtle.

Back to 'down the pub ' eh Chewing Grass and laugh at anyone who has the gall to challenge the status quo on here !!!!

If you don't like it, you really don't need to visit. 

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

While I prefer to take the piss out of the nutters, rather than delete their posts/threads - there is a limit.

Some posts in the last week have come dangerously close to suggesting "A Final Solution To The Muslim Problem" IMO. Do we allow posts that propose (or even just insinuate) such ideas?

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

I think it was a bad thread and risked damaging the future of this forum, so I don;t miss it.  However, I know that free speech is only free speech if you allow things you don;t like to be said.

+1

Some discussions (e.g. "The earth is flat") are so obviously silly, that having whole topics dedicated to them could damage this forum - we need new posters to join, and if they see on the front page 10 separate conspiraloon topics, they simply won't join the forum. Not good.

With regards to the "Welders of Cylon" topic - personally I would have merged it into the big "Conspiraloon" topic. So we'd still have the initial post - and the subsequent discussion - but no risk of the forum front page getting overloaded.

But this might mean more work for Spunko (hail our lord and master!) so I don't know if it's practical.

4 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

While I prefer to take the piss out of the nutters, rather than delete their posts/threads - there is a limit.

Some posts in the last week have come dangerously close to suggesting "A Final Solution To The Muslim Problem" IMO. Do we allow posts that propose (or even just insinuate) such ideas?

If it is illegal to say it then there are grounds to remove the post just to avoid problems with the Polizei or whoever governs Dosbods.

Whlle I can see this from Spunko's perspective and end of the day, it's "his gaff, his rules" - with which I have no problem, disappearing threads with no explanation is what got us here in the first place, isn't it?

There are always going to be members for whom discussion of certain topics like say The Protocols - however handled - is going to be Beyond the Pale. That said, to challenge the "tyranny of common knowledge" you sometimes need to stray into forbidden territory. How we deal with that is an issue for the forum.

Perhaps a sub-forum for "Hot" topics? I don't know. But just nuking them because they are likely to cause offence seems excessive.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

17 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Whlle I can see this from Spunko's perspective and end of the day, it's "his gaff, his rules" - with which I have no problem, disappearing threads with no explanation is what got us here in the first place, isn't it?

There are always going to be members for whom discussion of certain topics like say The Protocols - however handled - is going to be Beyond the Pale. That said, to challenge the "tyranny of common knowledge" you sometimes need to stray into forbidden territory. How we deal with that is an issue for the forum.

Perhaps a sub-forum for "Hot" topics? I don't know. But just nuking them because they are likely to cause offence seems excessive.

I don't think it was, it was the closing down of multiple page threads/discussion because of opinions expressed. 

If anything more threads needed to be removed completely over there, irrelevant drivel bunged up the place. 

1 minute ago, gilf said:

I don't think it was, it was the closing down of multiple page threads/discussion because of opinions expressed. 

If anything more threads needed to be removed completely over there, irrelevant drivel bunged up the place. 

Your irrelevant drivel is another's light relief I guess. I reckon Spunkos doing very well so far, hope he isn't having to invest too much time in it. I'm intrigued to know if as a forum owner, he receives communications pressuring him about the content...