• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JFK

wtf. just sprayed with insecticide in aeroplane

Just leaving Madeira and get an announcement that don't be alarmed passengers but there will be insecticide sprayed to prevent any import of dangerous insects etc.

Smells like air freshener.  anyone heard of this before.  never encountered it before.

If we've grown 3 heads when we land will update you all!

1 minute ago, JFK said:

Just leaving Madeira and get an announcement that don't be alarmed passengers but there will be insecticide sprayed to prevent any import of dangerous insects etc.

Smells like air freshener.  anyone heard of this before.  never encountered it before.

You would think that would be on arrival not departure  as Madeira is the small isolated island.

I have a vague memory of something similar happening to me on arriving in NZ or Oz once. Still just the one head (albeit a lot less hair than I had at the time - do you think I should sue?)

Yes, years ago flying middle east to London. To prevent any mosquitoes from getting out at the other end with malaria inside them.  (I used to put the blanket over my head as they passed me by. Yuck. And most likely highly toxic to humans? )

4 hours ago, JFK said:

I hate to be the one to break it to you but your feet smell.

6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You would think that would be on arrival not departure  as Madeira is the small isolated island.

The thing is we've been there a few times recently yet this is the first time this happened. We were very pissed off.

36 minutes ago, JackieO said:

The thing is we've been there a few times recently yet this is the first time this happened. We were very pissed off.

Maybe just stay home with some Madeira cake instead next year

was the air hostess hot?