• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Austin Allegro

Tune into DOSBODS Radio

Some of you  may remember one of the posters on TOS, Mr Jonathan Davis, who was also an occasional speaker on TV and radio. I am not sure if he posts on this site as well though.

I have been listening to his podcast, the Booms and Busts Podcast, on Youtube, (link below) and it is very enjoyable. It is very much DOSBODS Radio for those times when you can't read things. I like to listen while driving, for example. The programme format is a look at the news of the week, usually concentrating on the 'PC gone mad' stories, a look at politics and then an analysis of the financial markets.

Mr Davis has been asking listeners to publicise his show as he is trying to get more listeners, so I am happy to pass it on to the Dosbodderers.

Can readers recommend any other good audio versions of the kinds of debate we have on here?

Edited by Austin Allegro

I haven’t listened to it yet but I will. As I respect your opinions and knowledge about life etc through your posts I strongly suspect that I will subscribe to this. 

Thanks for posting 👍🏻

There's definitely a space in the market for a decent talk show. If it's on Youtube that's OK you can always use an online mp3 converter to download it.

Other Shows:

Financial sense, the decent weekly show is now subscription - :(

Gold seek is not the same without Bob Chapman; not listened to it for a long time now. Same with King World News and Patriot Radio News Hour. I guess the bull market in Bitcoin and then the stock market largely put gold out of the limelight.

Commodity Watch Radio which turned into Bulls and Bears went defunct. Dominic however, is busy with other stuff.

Edited by 201p

44 minutes ago, 201p said:

There's definitely a space in the market for a decent talk show. If it's on Youtube that's OK you can always use an online mp3 converter to download it.

Other Shows:

Financial sense, the decent weekly show is now subscription - :(

Gold seek is not the same without Bob Chapman; not listened to it for a long time now. Same with King World News and Patriot Radio News Hour. I guess the bull market in Bitcoin and then the stock market largely put gold out of the limelight.

Commodity Watch Radio which turned into Bulls and Bears went defunct. Dominic however, is busy with other stuff.

Spot on.  My weekly favs.  Used to listen to that Canadian one too (HoweStreet) 'cause I like Canadians!

Goldseek can be a bit, well odd, at times but has some good stuff.

Financial Sense is my gold standard (for well over 10 years) but Jim is taking more of a back seat and letting his sons step up (who seem a bit, well, "young", and unbloodied).  Plus I'm still mourning the loss of John Loeffler (who is apparently now here: https://www.steelonsteel.com/).

Jonathan Davis is at his best when in a studio with a property ramper type and yesterday's football correspondent who's now the channel's finance expert.  Priceless.

And Moneyweek do the odd podcast, although are in need of a sound engineer or a pair of tie wraps!

Edited by Harley

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Can readers recommend any other good audio versions of the kinds of debate we have on here?

If you want an antidote to PC nonsense mixed in with amusing stories, Gavin McIness does a podcast called Get Off My Lawn.

2 hours ago, 201p said:

^I believe he lives in Japan, although I don't follow.

---

Now that Alex Jones is gone from mainstream (not an avid follower), David Icke is still very active (occasionally drop by).

Correct he does. You're not putting Corbett in the same class of AJ and the Lizard guy, are you? xD His work is always well investigated, sourced and listed for viewers/listeners to do their own research. Some of his feature lengths are really outstanding, even just from a general entertainment perspective. His requiem for the suicided series is fantastic and if you haven't seen already, I'm sure you would like his Federal Reserve documentary. Would be interested in your opinion if you have/do watch it.

I've not really listened to Icke but did enjoy the radio interview he did with Eamonn Holmes the other month, he had some interesting things to say. Didn't get to whacky at least xD

I'm quite sold on UK Column News which puts out an hour or so 3 times a week of their investigations into the news. The presenters are respectable looking middle aged to older chaps and I can never quite tell if they are slipping over the precipice into conspiraloonary, but their work appears to be in depth and honest. Brian Gerrish in particular seems to have a number of critics, but it is difficult to tell if that is because he doing something right or wrong.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/

youtube-dl is handy for downloading things off youtube and many other streaming sites into an audio file or whatever you require. It apparently works on windows, mac os x and definitely works fine on linux, but it is command line.

https://youtube-dl.org/

Many thanks everyone.  Brilliant thread.  I now have a version of catchup radio equivalent to catchup tv, again without the So-Called BBC (licence fee or not)!  Especially necessary since their latest sexist behaviours on R2.