• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

If there is a body in the road - if in doubt drive around, and not over it.

This one raises my eyebrow.

who ran over a man she thought was a Bonfire Night guy or scarecrow lying in road has been jailed.

*********, 60, was found guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving after the incident on November 25, last year.

Now the victim, Alresford man **********, has said that because of the severe pain he still suffers, at times he wishes she "had done a decent job on me and killed me".

Winchester Crown Court heard that while walking home from The Yew Tree pub, near Alresford, along Yew Tree Lane, the 55-year-old fell into the road, where he was lying unconscious.

Prosecutor Christopher Amis said the reason why he was lying in the road was not known, but that he wasn't drunk.

Then, at around 11.30pm while driving her Toyota Land Cruiser, the court heard Watt came across Mr John in the road, and after getting out to see what the obstructions was, thought it was a Bonfire Night guy or scarecrow and drove over it.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17010941.man-was-run-over-by-woman-who-thought-he-was-a-scarecrow/

Edited by 201p

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I thought that the bit about her getting out of the car, having a shufty, and then driving over him anyway was a bit harsh!

xD

Yeah but she is a 60 year old woman, if she honestly thought it was a scarecrow, why bother going to the effort of dragging it out of the road, especially in a 4x4. 

Mind, there is a message there. Don’t come out of the pub pissed up and have a nap in the road, especially if not dapperly dressed. xD

Just now, stokiescum said:

she is lucky to not get a longer sentance,he would have been in front of her headlights .what if it had of been a kid or an epiletic.

Indeed.

Story does not add up.

Yes, bloke may have been village drunk but shes screwed by stopping car, getting out, thrn driving over him.

Shoukd have booted tge pile.

It foes point to her being a bit pissed.

Perfectly understandable mistake.

Guy Fawkes effigies and scarecrows wander around at night by themselves all the time.

If I saw a human-shaped figure in the countryside, I would never think that it might be a human.

It's unreasonable to expect a 60-year-old, with cognitive abilities so poor she can't tell the difference, to drive carefully.

Edited by Happy Renting

2 hours ago, One percent said:

I cannot believe that they jailed a 60 year old woman for this. 

What has age and sex got to do with it? She, inexplicably, drove over someone.

Edited by Panther

27 minutes ago, Panther said:

What has age and sex got to do with it? She, inexplicably, drove over someone.

i think she got off very light if im being honest.dont they say 60 is the new 50.

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

There are many young blokes who have killed by car who have got off with a suspended sentence  

yes agreed ,but i cant think of a case where they have inspected the body before decideing to run over it.

Without being there it’s hard to comment.

I don’t believe it’s likely she did it deliberately,  so it probably was some kind of unfortunate mistake.  Personally,  I find it hard to take any view other than,  if you’re going to fall asleep in a back road in the dark..  there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to get hit by a car and it’s 99.9% your own fault.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

There are many young blokes who have killed by car who have got off with a suspended sentence  

That sounds like special pleading to me - young man blah therefore old woman grievously wronged.

4 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Without being there it’s hard to comment.

I don’t believe it’s likely she did it deliberately,  so it probably was some kind of unfortunate mistake.  Personally,  I find it hard to take any view other than,  if you’re going to fall asleep in a back road in the dark..  there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to get hit by a car and it’s 99.9% your own fault.

Fuck'im. 

You fall asleep in the road, you are going to get hit.  She should sue him for emotional distress.

8 hours ago, wherebee said:

Fuck'im. 

You fall asleep in the road, you are going to get hit.  She should sue him for emotional distress.

dont get me wrong i dont care that he was ran over,her mystake was stoping before doing it then admiting she had stoped.

12 hours ago, twocents said:

Harsh maybe but these days it does make you wonder.

There's various concerns if you're on your own and stop on a lonely narrow deserted street to help someone.
Lock doors, Reverse away. Stop then Ring police.  

Or Run, Hide, Tell. 

4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

There's various concerns if you're on your own and stop on a lonely narrow deserted street to help someone.
Lock doors, Reverse away. Stop then Ring police.  

Or Run, Hide, Tell. 

Reverse over the body again for extra points.