• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

US Comic Kathy Griffin holds up bloodied head of Trump

It is interesting how silent the So-Called BBC is about the Kathy Griffin image / video of her holding up the bloodied head of Trump. I was just reading about it and imagined the endless coverage that the So-Called BBC would give to someone doing that with an image of Hilary Clinton or Obama.

She is apologising like crazy now - due to public outrage and to the Secret Service investigating her. I wonder if she would have apologised if a load of US luvies had voiced support for her?

It beggars disbelief that she and her photographer thought such a thing was perfectly fine. What message was she trying to convey to people by simply raising a bloodied head of Trump and silently holding it to camera? To murder Trump? How else can you interpret that image? No wonder the US Secret Service is investigating her.

'I went too far': Kathy Griffin apologizes for posting a video of Trump's 'severed head' on social media after Secret Service suggests she will be investigated for threatening the president

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's amazing how these nice cuddly liberals turn when things don't go their way.

Lock her up.

A lot more than that, imagine the cultural resonances she is pandering to here. The same imagery that ISIS use. A come on for Islamists to come forward and target Trump, we're behind you - that is the message, loud and clear.

This silly cow should be prosecuted for incitement to murder a democratically elected President. She should stick her apology up her arse. 

18 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

This silly cow should be prosecuted for incitement to murder a democratically elected President. She should stick her apology up her arse. 

Yep, lock her up.  expect she'll get away with it though as she is just a left-wing comedienne who 'just overstepped the mark'. Her apology is feeble.

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

In fear of sounding stupid, can someone give me an abridged version of who exactly this woman is?  

I could go to google but the answer filtered through dosbods will be more accurate 

Even I had to look her up. She is supposedly a comedienne/comedian (not sure which nomenclature to use any more). I do remember seeing her once in an episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. That's about it. 

3 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

Even I had to look her up. She is supposedly a comedienne/comedian (not sure which nomenclature to use any more). I do remember seeing her once in an episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. That's about it. 

In what?  Feck, life is passing me by.  xD

ta very much for responding. Seems to be a right barrel of laughs doesn't she. 

35 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Amazing how someone with - you'd assume - a modicum of intelligence, didn't think that this stunt would seriously backfire.

Even the photographer only had to say, "look love, this probably won't end well for you". 

Morons and dickheads abound. I hope she's enjoying her severe bollocking as it's richly deserved. 

Because she has bought in to the hype they Trump is Satan himself and that literally everybody feels the same. We now live in a world where we have access to almost unlimited information but the flip side is we have enabled a situation where our views are protected, supported and in closed bubbles. 

1 hour ago, Tabasco Kid said:

This silly cow should be prosecuted for incitement to murder a democratically elected President.

+1

And all my liberal friend in America (a doctor no less) can think to comment on this morning on Facebook is 'haha Trump made a typo'.

Remember the blokes who got thrown in jail for throwing bacon at a mosque or something those lines? Isn't this just as bad?

To sum up; a matter of days after a terror attack, the response from a 'famous' lefty is to mock the democratically elected leader of her country, the one who is trying to protect her from terrorists, by simulating murdering him in the exact brutal way that these terrorists do.

Moron.

58 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Yep, lock her up.  expect she'll get away with it though as she is just a left-wing comedienne who 'just overstepped the mark'. Her apology is feeble.

Agreed, throw the book at her. She even comments in the youtube that they need to flee so she knows she is crossing a line.

25 minutes ago, gilf said:

Because she has bought in to the hype they Trump is Satan himself and that literally everybody feels the same. We now live in a world where we have access to almost unlimited information but the flip side is we have enabled a situation where our views are protected, supported and in closed bubbles. 

Is this another post about dosbods and our forum rules?  o.O

'They go low, we go high' in action, yet again. We are on the right side of history, and so on. Trump is a monster, rising from the deep via reality TV and is about to crush Tokyo if nothing is done to stop him and his hair. He is, like, literally Hitler. He doesn't like illegal Mexican immigrants, but quite likes Mexican food, just like Hitler. He wants to build a wall, just like Hitler. He doesn't like coastal wind farms, just like Hitler. And, worst of all, he doesn't like Muslims, just like Hitler.

Since we can all agree to disagree with Trump, the only appropriate response to him and anyone who supports him, is violence. Actual horrific acts of violence should be met with love and candles, but disagreements over domestic and foreign policy should be met with extreme force. There are some people somewhere whose feelings maybe hurt, and they are people of a colour that is not white, so we must protect them. The debate has already been had or has been successfully stifled. Opposing opinions should be met with immediate silencing.

SJW: Nazis should be punched in the face.

Happy Mexican salamander: Who is a Nazi?

SJW: Anyone who disagrees with me. Punch them in the face! In the face!

4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The  body language expert didn't mention the headshaking. She shook her head in negation every time she made statements about having made a mistake and being sorry, but nodded in confirmation about taking the picture down and wanting forgiveness/approval.

BBC news has now removed the beheading picture story from it's front page, but is still running the story about Trump making a typo and the internet making fun of him on it's front page.

Priorities, eh...

Shocking but does Trump care.

If they want to criticise I wish they'd just stick to stuff like Spitting Image and ventriloquists dummies.

You could more or less portray anything with that .

Probably, in the long run, it will do her career a lot of good. If she got arrested, put on trial or even jailed can you imagine all the hugs and candlelight vigils?

A few weeks back The Telegraph had an article about some UK comics - the type who appear on the various BBC and Chan 4 game shows - who said that they were shocked when their acts rubbishing BREXIT, which go down so well in London, resulted in them being booed and heckled as soon as they went outside the M25 with their acts.

25 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Probably, in the long run, it will do her career a lot of good. If she got arrested, put on trial or even jailed can you imagine all the hugs and candlelight vigils?

A few weeks back The Telegraph had an article about some UK comics - the type who appear on the various BBC and Chan 4 game shows - who said that they were shocked when their acts rubbishing BREXIT, which go down so well in London, resulted in them being booed and heckled as soon as they went outside the M25 with their acts.

I read that article. I've had to stop listening to a number of shows on radio 4 in the last few weeks because of the lefty bias from the so-called comedians. They really don't get how fecking out of touch they are.

• Similar Content

• By Mirror Mirror
      Anyone seen it?
      I quite like Billy Connolly. Just about funny enough as a comedian but in particular I like the travelogue programmes he makes. I find them interesting and informative, Billy comes across as a humble and empathetic narrator and presenter and they are set to good music.
      I binge watched all 3 episodes of the Great American Trail recently. It’s about places in the North East of the US to which Scots emigrated, how the Scottish culture lives on and some of the success and problems these areas experience today.
      Despite some of these areas probably qualifying as ‘rust belt’ (Virginia coal mining communities) it doesn’t take long before Connolly shows his political colours with a few digs at Trump and a bit of praise for Obama’s past ‘glories’.
      I found it interesting that right at the start, BC talked of how important our culture is to us, how it really is in our DNA and how it defines us, yet it wasn’t long before he was speaking disapprovingly about how the US now limits immigration.
      Either he or the producers clearly haven’t put 2&2 together to realise that if culture is so important, you can’t jeopardise it by allowing mass immigration of the sort we see today. Back in the day of Ellis Island America was a land of immigrants but maybe these were a different kind of immigrant, ones who wanted to work and to integrate and had something to contribute.
      I would really like to have a chat with Mr Connolly to see what he really thinks about all this.
      Sunday morning musings over - off to see about some breakfast.
    • By Long time lurking
      This has to be worthy of it`s own thread just for the comments on the twitter thread

• By One percent
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43941146
      A tree gifted to President Donald Trump by French President Emmanuel Macron has disappeared.
      The pair planted the sapling, taken from the site of a World War One battle in north-east France, during Mr Macron's state visit last week.
      Mr Macron said the tree would be a reminder of "these ties that bind us".
      But a Reuters photographer on Saturday took a shot of only a yellow patch of grass on the White House south lawn where the tree once stood.
      😂