• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chewing Grass

Doughnuts

Doughnuts - which one  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Doughnuts - whats your poison

Just now, Alonso Quijano said:

Used to love those you got at the seaside, freshly made, rolling off the conveyor, hot and well sugared. Mmmmm! 

I had some of those machines once definitely a treat once in a while start eating them regularly and they quickly become almost inedible.

1 minute ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The humble jam doughnut can be a rare delicacy if done right with a stiff consistency dough and proper jam, not too much sugar, not soggy. My dad was a baker and I have fond childhood memories. You won't get these in supermarkets.

You sound like a jam man.

Many moons ago in the early 90's i used to work in a branch of "circle k" and they had an in house "dunkin doughnuts" counter. It was very popular, i liked the "boston creme" a custard doughnut with chocolate topping, it was "the lick" 

Nowadays every piecemeal corner store seems to have a doughnut shelf trying to recapture that early 90's heyday. 

Meh  :|

Custard here..  surprised they're so popular actually.

Always wondered what those Krispy Kreems actually taste like all shiny and plastic looking.

I'm worried if I try one I might like them.. then I'd have to take out mortgage equity against the house just to fund the habit :|