• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donald Trump to pull out of Paris climate deal

The hypocrisy around saving the planet is breathtaking. Build windfarms but then try and get an opencast mine dug right on a beautiful unspoilt Northumberland beach.  Recycle all,your carp but at the same time make goods of such poor quality they have to be binned in a few years. Price people out of their cars but build a new runway to cope with the ever increasing flights. 

What suprises me the most is that anyone takes any of this seriously. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

The hypocrisy around saving the planet is breathtaking. Build windfarms but then try and get an opencast mine dug right on a beautiful unspoilt Northumberland beach.  Recycle all,your carp but at the same time make goods of such poor quality they have to be binned in a few years. Price people out of their cars but build a new runway to cope with the ever increasing flights. 

What suprises me the most is that anyone takes any of this seriously. 

And it's all your fault, and should pay for it!

6 hours ago, Tabasco Kid said:

The Europeans have been sticking it to the Americans ever since WWII.  Americans tried for half a century to "push through" or ignore all the insults at how unsophisticated they were and uncouth and uncivilized.  Americans just got tired of it all and basically are saying "up yours" to smarmy, smug, foppish Europeans who started but couldn't finish two world wars and  then begged for help only to be the most ungrateful  assholes under the sun.  Trump is only the voice of popular opinion.  Time to let Europeans stew in their own juice, they tried. 

26 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

The Europeans have been sticking it to the Americans ever since WW2

Europeans may be smarmy and smug (really?!) but the Paris Climate Agreement is a global accord.  So what you really mean is this is the US sticking it to the pomposity of the rest of the world..  which in this context seems a tad ironic.

Just now, Snow bird said:

The Europeans have been sticking it to the Americans ever since WWII.  Americans tried for half a century to "push through" or ignore all the insults at how unsophisticated they were and uncouth and uncivilized.  Americans just got tired of it all and basically are saying "up yours" to smarmy, smug, foppish Europeans who started but couldn't finish two world wars and  then begged for help only to be the most ungrateful  assholes under the sun.  Trump is only the voice of popular opinion.  Time to let Europeans stew in their own juice, they tried. 

This is what they say and is the popular view in the US, I heard from American colleagues. However their motivations and behaviour during/after WW2 were entirely self-interested, they weren't in it to help anybody. The aim was to become No.1, and this they achieved.

It also leaves out the fact that (especially since fracking tech came on-stream) America does the Israelis bidding and f*cks everything up in the Middle East as much as possible (thus dumping millions of the most disruptive possible type of refugees and migrants in Europe).  Europe (mainly Germany) is the only part of the world that could in the near term threaten the US' technological dominance, but they won't present much of a threat if their societies are destabilised dealing with millions of North Africans and Arabs.

America is a country of mainly nice people led by tosspot psychopaths who pull the wool over the eyes of their own people and everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Europeans may be smarmy and smug (really?!) but the Paris Climate Agreement is a global accord.  So what you really mean is this is the US sticking it to the pomposity of the rest of the world..  which in this context seems a tad ironic.

Like the rest of the world means diddly squat with reference to climate bullshit.  You may call it ironic they call it pay back and they don't care what you think. 

9 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

Like the rest of the world means diddly squat with reference to climate bullshit.  You may call it ironic they call it pay back and they don't care what you think. 

Sounds like "they" have sand in their vaginas..  though to be honest that's not representative of most of the Americans I know.  At least the ones on the East coast seem pleasent and well educated with no sort of chip on their shoulder at all.

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

This is what they say and is the popular view in the US, I heard from American colleagues. However their motivations and behaviour during/after WW2 were entirely self-interested, they weren't in it to help anybody. The aim was to become No.1, and this they achieved.

It also leaves out the fact that (especially since fracking tech came on-stream) America does the Israelis bidding and f*cks everything up in the Middle East as much as possible (thus dumping millions of the most disruptive possible type of refugees and migrants in Europe).  Europe (mainly Germany) is the only part of the world that could in the near term threaten the US' technological dominance, but they won't present much of a threat if their societies are destabilised dealing with millions of North Africans and Arabs.

America is a country of mainly nice people led by tosspot psychopaths who pull the wool over the eyes of their own people and everyone else.

Name me one country or person (mother Teresa excepted) that does not act in self interest.  Are you trying to say that England was acting for the good of the natives when she colonized half the world?  Doing it all in selfless sacrifice?  Bullshit!  You are accusing the Americans of doing what you did but making out that they are bad and you are good.  Bulllshit!

Their aim was to become #1.  Really?  So all that clamor to stay out of the European war was a smoke screen and Winstons pleadings were exactly what?  And the single winning vote to join the war was all a show?  The Americans saved your ass from German or Russian domination and you bloody well know it.  Your reluctance to give credit where it is due is disgusting.  They became #1 because they were #1.  Their production ability was orders of magnitude above anything anyone else in the world could manage.  

The American interventions in the middle East were mostly due to European requests.  Again you know it.  Like you don't have control of your own borders?   Blame the Yanks is a cop out.  Get your act together and quit the blame game.  It will not get you out of the mess you are in and you have only yourself to blame.  Blame is a woman's game.  The blame means nothing when the rubber hits the road.  Fix your own problems and stop sniveling.  

6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Sounds like "they" have sand in their vaginas..  though to be honest that's not representative of most of the Americans I know.  At least the ones on the East coast seem pleasent and well educated with no sort of chip on their shoulder at all.

America is split like most countries so there are a lot indeed who think Europe represents sophistication and are "with it" and fashionable. Yes these are mostly on the East coast with a lot more in California but the Trump supporters are fly over country and their representative is Trump.  Their viewpoint is the one that matters right now. 

Feel better?   xD

Patronizing asshole.  Ran out of ideas? 

5 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

Name me one country or person (mother Teresa excepted) that does not act in self interest.  Are you trying to say that England was acting for the good of the natives when she colonized half the world?  Doing it all in selfless sacrifice?  Bullshit!  You are accusing the Americans of doing what you did but making out that they are bad and you are good.  Bulllshit!

Their aim was to become #1.  Really?  So all that clamor to stay out of the European war was a smoke screen and Winstons pleadings were exactly what?  And the single winning vote to join the war was all a show?  The Americans saved your ass from German or Russian domination and you bloody well know it.  Your reluctance to give credit where it is due is disgusting.  They became #1 because they were #1.  Their production ability was orders of magnitude above anything anyone else in the world could manage.  

The American interventions in the middle East were mostly due to European requests.  Again you know it.  Like you don't have control of your own borders?   Blame the Yanks is a cop out.  Get your act together and quit the blame game.  It will not get you out of the mess you are in and you have only yourself to blame.  Blame is a woman's game.  The blame means nothing when the rubber hits the road.  Fix your own problems and stop sniveling.  

More BS in that post than I can be bothered to reply to.

First paragraph is ok, good even.

2nd paragraph some truth in it but not so much,

After that it goes to total ratshit. The highlighted bit is just laughable. If you crossed out "European" and put "Israeli" you'd be nearer the mark.

All that said, we could still take control of the borders better as you say.

8 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

Patronizing asshole.  Ran out of ideas? 

To be honest,  yes.  I have no idea where to start :Passusabeer:

I agree with you in so far as if the US want to pull out that's up to them. Pretty sure it's not Europe's fault though..  I thought it was Mr Hockey stick who started it all!

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

More BS in that post than I can be bothered to reply to.

First paragraph is ok, good even.

2nd paragraph some truth in it but not so much,

After that it goes to total ratshit. The highlighted bit is just laughable. If you crossed out "European" and put "Israeli" you'd be nearer the mark.

All that said, we could still take control of the borders better as you say.

Your reply is remarkable in that you offer only opinion and judgment.  No facts or reason or counter argument.  It is actually, in a philosophical way, no argument at all.  It is more a statement of your feelings, feelz over realz amd all that.  In the battle of ideas you come unarmed. 

To be honest,  yes.  I have no idea where to start :Passusabeer:

I agree with you in so far as if the US want to pull out that's up to them. Pretty sure it's not Europe's fault though..  I thought it was Mr Hockey stick who started it all!

Well you sure have a point there.  I will give you that but this is really not about America versus Europe even though both of us have framed it that way.  It is about communism or lefty liberalism or whatever you want to call it "cuckism?" versus conservative or republican thinking which is more like pragmatism and individualism, again whatever you want to call it but whatever it is we both know what we mean.   

1 minute ago, Snow bird said:

Your reply is remarkable in that you offer only opinion and judgment.  No facts or reason or counter argument.  It is actually, in a philosophical way, no argument at all.  It is more a statement of your feelings, feelz over realz amd all that.  In the battle of ideas you come unarmed. 

In the battle of bullshit(on this subject at least), you're a pro-American king.

Leaving aside the ancient history(where your comments did at least make some sense) , what do you want me to do, list all the more recent main American military interventions in the ME? You know what they are, Gulf War 1, Gulf War 2 and Libya. You also know, despite your preposterous claim that Europe requested these interventions, that Europe (except Blair who ignored his own people) was against most of them. Stupid Sarkozy wanted to try his whizzbangs in Libya, but it was all American led in reality with Clinton H in charge.

You may also know of the role played by the American agencies in the Arab Spring, though this came as a surprise to my American colleagues, it's not something that has been talked about much in the US apparently. If not, I invite you to try searching on that subject, you won't have to look far.

Face it, American foreign policy in the ME is either a fuckup in every single possible sense of the word, or they did it deliberately (probably to Israels bidding). I don't believe Americans are that incompetent, so I'm forced to the view that they did it on purpose. And they're still doing it. The Saudis spread Salafist poison and terror all round the world, Iran is relatively educated and civilised (with some caveats of course, but they are definitely an order of magnitude more civilised than the Saudis)  - so whose side are the US on? And why, exactly? Er - could it be those naughty Israelis again?

They've clearly pulled the wool over your eyes - wake up. 

17 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Face it, American foreign policy in the ME is either a fuckup in every single possible sense of the word, or they did it deliberately (probably to Israels bidding). I don't believe Americans are that incompetent, so I'm forced to the view that they did it on purpose. And they're still doing it. The Saudis spread Salafist poison and terror all round the world, Iran is relatively educated and civilised (with some caveats of course, but they are definitely an order of magnitude more civilised than the Saudis)  - so whose side are the US on? And why, exactly? Er - could it be those naughty Israelis again?

They've clearly pulled the wool over your eyes - wake up. 

I'm undecided,, but on the above point this popped up today. 

Surprisingly to you I am sure but I agree with much of what you say.  However it is simply fact that the Europeans (not all and not at the same time, I agree) were very much involved with Iraq, Libya and Syria and indeed still are.  There is no way you guys can blame America for the cluster fuck that is the middle East.  You were in it up to your eyeballs even though the Americans were the major force.  There was no official opposition to any of those wars from any European country and there were those who actively helped.  The involvement of Israel is totally speculative but it was not their fighter jets doing the bombing nor is it right now (with some very minor exceptions).  Blame is a pretty silly game to play no matter who plays it and it is mostly a diversion from doing what has to be done and what has to be done can only be done by Europeans because it has to be done in their country so my overall message to you is get on with it and stop this smarmy blame game (even if it has some truth to it).   Your  whole culture is now at risk and you have to step up to the plate.  Blame the Americans or the Russians or the bloody Martians all you like but this one is on you and you either take it on or get taken over.  Your choice and nobody else's.   

edit: was aimed at Swissy