• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Oskar

Does this sound really strange to you?

A very strange ending to the sad story of the dead Paris cop murdered by a not-a-real-muslim last month.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/31/posthumous-wedding-for-policeman-killed-in-champs-elysees-attack-xavier-jugele-paris

Posthumous wedding for gay policeman killed in Champs-Élysées attack

Etienne Cardiles’ marriage to the late Xavier Jugelé is attended by Paris mayor Hidalgo and former president Hollande

Bloody hell, it is actually a thing and legal in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posthumous_marriage

Anyone in France who wants to file for posthumous marriage sends a request to the President of France, who forwards it to the Justice Minister, who forwards it to the prosecutor for the surviving member’s district. If the couple had originally planned on getting married and the family of the deceased approves, the prosecutor sends the application back to the President. One out of every four applicants for posthumous marriage is rejected.[2]

4 minutes ago, Nosler said:

tbh, it sounds more like the boyfriend wanted the policeman's pension....

So did I, but according to wiki they do not inherit so I suppose that covers his pension as well. It might just be an extra 'screw you' to the not-a-real-muslim types.

3 minutes ago, Oskar said:

So did I, but according to wiki they do not inherit so I suppose that covers his pension as well. It might just be an extra 'screw you' to the not-a-real-muslim types.

Ditto. Are they not entitled to any marital assets ?

1 minute ago, Thombleached said:

Ditto. Are they not entitled to any marital assets ?

Ah wait, no assets but.... (from wiki)

Posthumous marriage also shows the strength of an individual to overcome a fiancé’s death.[4] Article 171 specifically states that the usual financial aspects of a marriage, such as liquidation of matrimonial regime or the granting of intestate inheritance (meaning the laws governing inheritances of people whose spouses die without a will) do not apply. The widow can, however, receive a pension and can be entitled to insurance benefits.

4 minutes ago, Oskar said:

Posthumous marriage also shows the strength of an individual to overcome a fiancé’s death.[4] Article 171 specifically states that the usual financial aspects of a marriage, such as liquidation of matrimonial regime or the granting of intestate inheritance (meaning the laws governing inheritances of people whose spouses die without a will) do not apply. The widow can, however, receive a pension and can be entitled to insurance benefits.

image.jpeg

I see a potential avenue of income to pay for dosbods island :)

Anyone fancy trawling the death notices in France?  We need people without rellies but who had insurance and a pension.  Mass applications from dosbodders to marry these people.  

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

Anyone fancy trawling the death notices in France?  We need people without rellies but who had insurance and a pension.  Mass applications from dosbodders to marry these people.  

I'm in. As previously intimated, I've had precious little shame left so happy to be the Don Juan of recently departed :Beer:

33 minutes ago, One percent said:

What if they're still alive, but twice your age? Get it in early.

13 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

What if they're still alive, but twice your age? Get it in early.

You are sounding like Macron :P

My first reaction reading that is that it is really weird. But when you think about the couple aspect and the financial implications then I kinda think that it is pretty sensible. Far too many families of dead UK soldiers / police have been screwed over.

1 minute ago, mooncat69 said:

Hold on, isn't there supposed to be consent on both sides here? 

I am less worried about the consent than I am the consummation.

4 hours ago, Oskar said:

Love conquers all 👍