DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Fantasy investor 2018

Inoperational Bumblebee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lggMOk7ZJd0TkFQamiN_jWgyhnJ3kLuJ2BhmjFmbVwY/edit#gid=1662780564

FANTASY INVESTOR 2018 DOSBODS
            04/11/2018

UID Invested in [p|c]/unit NAV @03/11/2018 [p|c]/unit NAV now Profit/Loss
[p|c]
Profit/Loss
Percent(%)
Total P/L
(%) per UID
Notes
spunko ETH/GBP 15398.00 16003.94 605.94 3.94% 3.94% gb pence
stokiescum lon:gaw 3230.00 3230.00 0.00 0.00%   gb pence
  lon:iqe 96.30 96.30 0.00 0.00%   gb pence
  lon:vod 150.52 150.52 0.00 0.00%   gb pence
  lon:bp 533.30 533.30 0.00 0.00% 0.00% gb pence
castlevania lon:shg 4.32 4.32 0.00 0.00% 0.00% gb pence
kibuc tse:wdo 404.00 404.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00% ca cents
nicolas turgeon nysearca:udn 2118.00 2118.00 0.00 0.00%   us cents
  nysearca:gdxj 2806.00 2806.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00% us cents
sound money BTC/GBP 489806.17 485789.96 -4,016.21 -0.82%   gb pence
  nyse:auy 236.00 236.00 0.00 0.00% -0.82% us cents
ponty mython lon:infa 0.51 0.51 0.00 0.00%   gb pence
  tse:tgz 353.00 353.00 0.00 0.00% 0.00% ca cents
doineedone XRP/GBP 35.74 35.86 0.12 0.34%   gb pence
  spot gold 1oz 123560.00 123560.00 0.00 0.00% 0.34% us cents
sancho panza lon:cna 145.10 145.10 0.00 0.00%   gb pence
  lon:vod 150.52 150.52 0.00 0.00% 0.00% gb pence

wont update the shares automatically until markets open, also noticed crypto wasnt updating very well, so added a pair of dummy fields to give gbp/usd & gbp/cad, (suppose i could use them to bring everything to gb pence, but its late so ill leave it until tomorrow) to force sheet changes more regularly and force crypto updates by dummying them into the arguments of the api call, anyways spunko is still ahead with eth. Should get better figures tomorrow after 8am and after 1.30pm when the yanks start bullshitting.

@leonardratso I’ve tried to see about adding my own to the sheet but turns I might not be that bright so would be very grateful if you could do it for me...

70k GT Gold Corp (GTT.v) at CA$1.85

15k Wesdome Gold Mines (tse.WDO) at $4.04

15k S&P500 at £2723.06

Part gold exploreco gamble part dumb money bull run. Both of which may well fail spectacularly in the two months.

I too am a complete thicko in anything to do with computers!   I'm thinking 20K each on the FAANGs stocks ie Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google.  I know this is madness but I like being a Contrarian so will go against everything DB has said so far but my reasoning is that there will be a "Santa Rally" until the end of the year.  If it was all my real money (I should be so lucky) I would take it all out on Jan 2nd 2019 and do something more sensible with it.

Please leonardratso could you add mine to the spreadsheet (or anyone else who is so inclined)

This automatic spreadsheet updating scraping thing is brilliant. I have no clue about  Google Sheets can anyone point me at a good learning start? About the actual mechanism I mean not about finance 

Inoperational Bumblebee
18 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Are we allowed shorts?

Don't see why not. Not sure how that will work on the spreadsheet though, but that's not the point.

41 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Don't see why not. Not sure how that will work on the spreadsheet though, but that's not the point.

probably want the opposite on shorts, where -ve is +ve and vice versa, suppose theres carry charge as well, which complicates it a bit, so that would have to constantly come off the profit (ie the added to the -ve).

50 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

This automatic spreadsheet updating scraping thing is brilliant. I have no clue about  Google Sheets can anyone point me at a good learning start? About the actual mechanism I mean not about finance 

just get one open and have a faff, you can lookup functions and addons on google, just precede your searches with 'google sheets', for eg 'google sheets import crypto prices' etc, its like so much software i find, either its brilliant or really shit, and thats the same piece of software.

https://zapier.com/learn/google-sheets/

The docs and other file type producers are pretty good as well;

https://gsuite.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/products/drive/

On 03/11/2018 at 15:02, Castlevania said:

I’m going all in on Shanta Gold (SHG) at 4.32 pence.

Hmm.  If it isn't too late to enter I'm going to copy CV, but on steroids -- this is a pure play on the Randgold-Barrick deal solving gold in Tanzania, and before the end of the year as well.

• So, all in Acacia Mining.  
  • Then, if (as soon as) ACA gets above £2.30, sell all and put proceeds into SHG.  For the sake of argument I'll go with 'sell at £2.30 and buy SHG at exactly the (price at the) close of market on the day of the price of ACA reaching £2.30'. 

This might be quite difficult to set up on the spreadsheet -- sorry!

[I wouldn't actually do this in real life, of course -- but it's not real...]

[ACA is currently 156.80, but I'd be happy to go with the price at the weekend as that is when most entries were placed -- which would be 158.65.  Clearly this is against my chances, but, frankly, it won't make the slightest difference]

percentage wise spunko is still top banana while stokie gets a banana in the tailpipe.

some people might consider that a prize though, to each their own.

Missed out on 10%/7k  increase to GTT from starting price because I couldn’t add it myself before opening. There’s an incentive to learn google sheets.

@leonardratsoyour percentage formula is incorrect. @stokiescumis somehow down 3.73% despite his worst performer being down less than that? I think you’re summing up the returns but not dividing by the number of stocks/investments. I’m on mobile so I can’t access the spreadsheet otherwise I’d try and fix it.

1 minute ago, Castlevania said:

@leonardratsoyour percentage formula is incorrect. @stokiescumis somehow down 3.73% despite his worst performer being down less than that? I think you’re summing up the returns but not dividing by the number of stocks/investments. I’m on mobile so I can’t access the spreadsheet otherwise I’d try and fix it.

yay, tis at fault, I have berated myself heavily.

Ive changed it to just show %loss/profit as if just 1 share of each was bought, gets a bit crappy when currencies change across selections, but i was thinking about using the gbpcad and gbpusd to normalise everything to gbp (well gbx actually), but ive got to pretend im doing some work as well so ill get round to it sometime, unless someone wants a go at fx conversion on the none gbp lads.

43 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

bloody hell am i down aready lol.

On 04/11/2018 at 19:17, Ponty Mython said:

Well done, Demo Sir - 12.5% return over 90 minutes, even after 2 months, could be hard to top. I am hoping that my real money bets (I would never wager on Saints beating Man City) come good over the next 8 weeks...

This virtual investment malarkey is good fun, but on a serious note, it does demonstrate how we are all gambling, to a greater or lesser extent.

Good luck all.

did he pay tax lol.

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

did he pay tax lol.

not so as youd notice, my calcs are a bit cack, early days yet.

20 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

did he pay tax lol.

Gambling winnings is tax free. Although i would have to question if he could have found a bookie that would have taken that bet so fast xD

28 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Gambling winnings is tax free. Although i would have to question if he could have found a bookie that would have taken that bet so fast xD

that i didnt know shows how often i gamble.

11 hours ago, leonardratso said:

was me, sheets open, you can add your own.

I need to put in the amounts....dumb question looms............

4 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

We'll ban shorts as to hard to calculate.If I time these purchases as bad as my Godlies last year,I should have ;last place sewn up...

4 hours ago, leonardratso said:

probably want the opposite on shorts, where -ve is +ve and vice versa, suppose theres carry charge as well, which complicates it a bit, so that would have to constantly come off the profit (ie the added to the -ve).

as above.we'll keep it simple ie it's too compli:ph34r:cated for me already...

Archived